• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Create a Mammalian Boss

Okay, time for another boss idea thread.

Come up with a boss that's based on a real world mammal.

Example:
Sky Terror: Chiroptear
Difficult: 4
Description: A large four-eyed bat with shades of red all over and pointed ears that resemble devil horns. It's about twice Link's overall height.
Weakness: Light magic.
This large bat doesn't roam in an entire room, but is located at the top of a tower, very much like Argorok. Once the battle commences, the bat creature will first attempt to take on Link on the floor. It attacks using its wings and occasionally uses a sonic screech to knock Link back. The standard shield and sword technique works at first, and then it takes to air, swooping down when it can. There is a pattern, it stops a moment before swooping down. Using this, Link can fire light magic to blind it and have it fall down, where Link is free to strike. Rinse and repeat until it is defeated.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. One of my fanfictions features a dungeon-boss who is part stag-deer and part tree. Hang on...

Ah, here it is. The fourth chapter of "The Legend of Ganon" ... I'm not sure it counts because of the tree-ish nature, but the creature does take the form of a giant stag. And strangely enough, it's female, too.

Woodland Guaridan Liliana

The boss is a powered up form of a *holy Sage* - for her opponent is not Link, but Ganondorf (the fic being basically "This is a Zelda game with the villain as the protagonist/player character ). Liliana starts out as a Kokiri - the current Sage of Forest. Halfway through the battle, after she is wounded, she calls upon the mystic energy of the forest to transform herself into essentially a colossal stag made of trees, wood and vines. In this form, she can stomp you into the ground. I imagine she moves like a ponderous, large creature. Her antlers are branches. Big and as tough as ancient logs.

Ultimately, Ganon faces the giant woody stag in his own beast-form.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Side note: there is a species of deer where females have antlers. So perhaps this Liliana takes the form of a reindeer/caribou?

Let's see... *thinks*

Ancient Beast: Skelfang

Animated fossil thing, like Stallord and Skeldritch. It's a saber toothed tiger skeleton. I would imagine it to be in a desert/sandy dungeon, typical of skeletal bosses. It bites and shoots sand at you. If you can dodge its bite attack, its fangs will get stuck in the ground and you can attack it. Eventually the fangs will break off. It's weaker now, but also faster. Keep attacking until it's dead.

izi

Not A Wizard
Dolphinius: Ancient Dorsal Being

This giant dolphin would swim around, signaling for her whale friends to come help! While avoiding the angry whales, Link must use his water bombs and bubble-blowing powers to destroy the not-so-innocent monstrosity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom