• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Countdown to E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Well, I feel dumb here. I JUST realized how much hype there is going to be here after E3. (I'm also waiting for Dawn of the Final Day: Only 24 hours remain) ;)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh no, I just realized that it starts at 1:00 AM where I live and I don't know at how many hours into the show Zelda will come, but oh well, I'll have to wait until tomorrow for new information. If only they would hold it in New York or so, then it would be some hours earlier and I (and most other Europeans) could watch it live...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Oh hey guys. I watched Microsoft's E3 press conference live.

Here's a quick summary for anyone interested:

They were really pushing the Kinect. Announcement and game demos: CoD MW3, Halo Anniversary, Mass Effect 3, New Tomb Raider, Gears of War 3, Fable - The Journey, Ghost Recon, Star Wars, RYSE.....and then on the flip side they announced Wii Spo--I mean Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, A Sesame Street game...something about cookies, Disneyland Adventures (this one surprised me... o_O) and that's all I remember right now....I think there were some EA sports games as well.

::EDIT:: Forgot to say, they also mentioned that Minecraft would be getting a console release.

Other than that, they emphasized a focus on voice-activated controls, addition of "BING" and being able to "easily search your xbox through voice commands" (they really pushed this like it was really important~ o_O) addition of live TV, YouTube, and also "finger tracking" where you can draw your finger through the air and whatever you draw will appear on screen with 3D spacial depth, and also "scanning of objects" where you can take, say, a stuffed animal and scan it in so that the character will appear digitally on screen. Oh, and something called XBox Labs goes live today.

I have to say, they contradicted themselves a bit. At one point they were emphasizing that it was so important for XBox to be a rounded entertainment system for every type of entertainment--TV, music, movies, all that. And then later a different guy comes on stage and and basically says "No matter what, the XBox will always be about the games." Just something I felt....anyways.

Not shabby overall but nothing overly impressive. I don't think they're winning this year's E3. Just saying~

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
Yup. E3 is here!
In addition to what Sarianae said, I'm not sure if she mentioned it, but
one of Microsoft's biggest surprises was Halo 4, in addition to the Combat Evolved Anniversary thing.

I wonder if Zelda will do something similar to this. Less than 24 hours guys~

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hmm, I actually missed the announcements on Halo 4, but that might have been due to the live stream I was watching cutting out at times, and also glitching and repeating certain parts instead of what was actually happening. I think I got to see most of it though~ ^^

And Beeker, I think Zelda's reveals will be FAR better~! :P

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I hope we get a surprise as good as this
Oh believe me man (or woman), we will! i can feel it in my bones. too bad i'm gonna be in school when the Conference begins, unless i can hack the school's computers and bypass the internet restrictions to go to e3.nintendo.com so i can watch it. or... i could use my iPod to watch it...

Sorry, went TOTALLY off topic... :D

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

I'm super excited about everything to do with Skyward Sword, like the music, the back to basics, the story, the Master Sword, the art style! Yay! Life is just great right now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom