• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Could OoT 3D Be Ura-Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwata already confirmed that OoT 3D will be crammed with content not in the N64 version (http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/iwata_ocarina_of_time_3d_crammed_with_new_content), and we've known a long time already that Ura-Zelda was finished but never released. (http://www.unseen64.net/articles/zelda64-project-development/)
- Miyamoto: “Whether or not we release it or not, we are still working on the game.”

- August 25, 2000: Speaking to the press in an open forum held yesterday in Tokyo, Japan, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto casually commented that “Ura-Zelda” (aka: Legend of Zelda DD) has been completed for some time now.

- Because the 64DD is unlikely to see an US release, Miyamoto also said the following. “We may have to have a special edition release (of Ura-Zelda) in the future.”
It is very possible that some or all of the content featured in Ura-Zelda will be included in OoT 3D. Such as beating the running man, aquiring white and yellow tunics plus other interesting stuff.

Discuss what you think.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I thought Ura Zelda became Master Quest. There is a source saying that MQ will be included with OoT 3DS, so you may be right. I'm really excited for it because I never got the chance to play MQ, so I'll be playing three 'new' Zelda games this year (also never played LA).

Well, yes, it did evolve to become MQ, but there are still a lot of features from the real UZ that weren't used in it.

Djinn

and Tonic
It is very possible that a few sequences and storypoints of the original OoT that was left on the cutting room floor due to limited space on a cartridge could be brought back in the new version. But from what I have read about Ura Zelda, a lot of it was incorporated into Master Quest while the rest was dropped because it did not really add much to the game. It was basically an update with some new equipment and a couple more locations. All of which had little to do with the original quest.

I imagine if we are ever to see any more ad ons like that for the new version it might come in the form of downloadable content or otherwise some sort of patch that costs points.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I don't believe in additional in-game content. But there might be bonus materials on the cartridge related to the 25th anniversary or the series. I can imagine the main menu of the game - you can select OOT, MQ or bonus materials, like in the GameCube version. That version had 7 trailers - five for other GameCube games, sixth as a slideshow of multiple games (not all of them were released) and seventh for GBA remake of ALttP with Four Swords.

- Miyamoto: “Whether or not we release it or not, we are still working on the game.”

- August 25, 2000: Speaking to the press in an open forum held yesterday in Tokyo, Japan, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto casually commented that “Ura-Zelda” (aka: Legend of Zelda DD) has been completed for some time now.

- Because the 64DD is unlikely to see an US release, Miyamoto also said the following. “We may have to have a special edition release (of Ura-Zelda) in the future.”
That's from 2000, and Master Quest is from 2003, so "a special edition (of Ura-Zelda) release in the future." being MQ makes sense.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
NO.

Every indication says that its a remade Ocarina of Time... plus MQ (which I thought was Ura Zelda). Maybe Ura Zelda has something to do with the 25th anniversary???

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think it's likely that certain annimations and text that may have been meant for an Ura Zelda will make it into this game. I saw Mido perform additional annimations in the 3DS demo as he lets you by to see The Great Deku Tree, most characters should be getting this same treatment with additional or extended annimations. I would ask them to include new sidequests as well, even if the only reward was some text we never got before.

I thought Ura Zelda became Master Quest. There is a source saying that MQ will be included with OoT 3DS, so you may be right. I'm really excited for it because I never got the chance to play MQ, so I'll be playing three 'new' Zelda games this year (also never played LA).

Saying MQ was Ura-Zelda was an excuse to get Zelda fans off Nintendo's case. They said that they added locations, dungeons, characters, etc. in Ura Zelda at one point, I don't remember where, though. Master Quest was simply a harder OoT, soooo ...

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well we already know we're getting the MQ portion from Ura Zelda in it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least SOME of the other content that was supposed to be in it. And for anyone that is confused... Master Quest was NOT Ura Zelda. It was only one of many features that were supposed to be in Ura Zelda. All it did was shift the dungeons around, which was only one thing that Ura Zelda was going to do. So MQ is part of Ura, but Ura is not MQ. Kind of like how a square is a type of rectangle but a general rectangle is not a square.

B

brojoe44

okay first of all i'd like to say this i've been bored and been viewing for URA Zelda stuff since last year not every day but yeah sometimes everyday but still i do have an life and all first of all it wouldn't even fit on the small game cartredge (sorry for spelling xD) it had to be on an Magnetic cartredge AND an regular nintendo 64 one (that explains why people beta quest) secondly if you thought master quest was ura zelda then you used wikipedia or who you got info from it used wikipedia or it was nintendo when i heard about zelda 64 and ura zelda i was searching that stuff for an month non stop besides school and friends thirdly i wouldn't be suprised if they did have it as downloadable. but yeah i don't think ura would be ported onto the 3DS if they would release it first of all you forget they had it complete but it never even was released to japan do you really think its already translated to english while making skyward sword still etc. they don't have the time to pull up old unreleased games and translate it OoT already had an english copy and i'll admit they could've got some old animations out of ura but its not like they couldn't take it out of the files f you do read about ura zelda it was suposed to be a different quest you could make masks with gameboy camera (i think if they did that they'd use the 3DS camera if they did make it for 3DS) and stuff new spells items etc. and also the old OoT couldn't even read Aria's animations

My understanding is that Aria was discovered, but was functionless with no animation is that correct?

Aria was discovered and thought to be broken with no animations, it wasn't til later both spinout and I noticed that she has a full working bone structure and animations. It's just her model is soo old, the format is literally incompatible with OOT

Regarding her character, the only time we ever saw her was in Nintendo Power 103, with an ambiguous description for her and 2 other characters correct?

'Aria' (not an official name) was first shown in Nintendo Power 103. Her role in the beta is largely unknown.

Just curious, how does she animate in comparison to NPC's in the final product of OoT? More fluid, less fluid? Or is it just a matter of different movements? Does this give us a hint as to what NPC's on the DD versions would have been like?

Well in comparison with the in-game NPC's, her animations are less fluid, almost kind of sluggish and not as fluid as the NPC's in the final game. It does give us an insight to what the Zelda 64 NPC's would of been like.

i got that from http://www.hard4games.com/news/210-ura-zelda-restoration-interview
zethn64 is making an restoration and so i thought i'd have yous know that theirs some NPC's and animations in URA Zelda that'd have to be left out due to its oldness like maybe theirs new items but it being so old won't work well compared to everything else so they'd have to remake it completely and i don't think that'd happen anytime soon.

and basicly thats all the proof i have for yous in this subject i hope yous can find something to prove me wrong due to that'd be nice and all but that'd be hard i'd guess but if that did happen i'd be happy :D but remember this is about it being on the 3DS not about prooving me wrong that it won't be on the 3DS

B

brojoe44

Wait, new content??? I don't think I want that! Well, maybe I do.

haha sorry for such a late reply :p but anyways it was an addon so i think they'd have an option to use it or not so if it could be on the 3DS maybe like a SD card and usage of the save data in the 3DS then it might be possible and if they did it also couldn't be used til' you beat the game once since it is possible to own a 64DD it was released but not many people bought them and it'd say missing DD thing or something if you did try

O

omegared71

im thinking it is because if you look at some of the loz beta pictures theres one of the great deku tree dead with blood on it and if you look at the rating for oot 3ds its E10 with "animated blood". im pretty sure theres nothing else that bleeds in zelda :p

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
im thinking it is because if you look at some of the loz beta pictures theres one of the great deku tree dead with blood on it and if you look at the rating for oot 3ds its E10 with "animated blood". im pretty sure theres nothing else that bleeds in zelda :p

Deku ree with blood, interesting..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom