• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Coraline

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I am surprised no one made a thread of this spectacular movie. This had to be the best example of 3-D out there. The story and the characters just came to life before your very eyes. It was just... wow.

Before anyone says anything, Tim Burton had nothing to do with this movie.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
It is stop motion, like Nightmare Before Christmas though it does have some CG in it for scenes where it is necessary.

I just saw the trailer for the movie, I was impressed. The movie was directed by the guy who directed the Nightmare Before Christmas and James & The Giant Peach. Both very good movies (Nightmare Before Christmas is great actually) so it has a good pedigree. I may have to check it out sooner or later.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have seen previews on TV for it. It looks really really interesting how they did all of it and it looks like a movie I would like to see ^^

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
Lol I went with my cousin the last saturday and like she didn't brought her glasses we had to sit in the front rowns and man after the movie I had to go to the bathroom for reasons that you don't wanna know, but overall i don't regret have gone, it was AWESOME!!!. oh and the reason that I was dizzy it's because it was in 3D.

+3-D Movie
+Front Row
=Not good things happen.

Zero

The Vanished
This movie looked pretty interesting actually, I've thought about seeing it when it came out on DVD or something. I just saw a review and it looks intresting. If anyone is interested, here's the review:

WARNING, WARNING, CONTAINS HUGE SPOILERS!!! IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE AND DO NOT WISH TO HAVE PARTS OF IT SPOILED, DO NOT WATCH THIS REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKHfFUUBBTk

3CardMonte

I can't believe nobody's mentioned this game's similarities to the Zelda franchise yet, and here on a Zelda board!

In this movie:
-Lens of Truth
-Dogs (suspiciously closely modeled to the Ocarina of Time Dogs)
-A spider boss
-3 other "bosses" (I swear to god the game is set up in the same way a video game is)
-Bats
-A Navi like "hey" where an item/spirit helps Coraline on what to do/where to go next.
-Items that talk to Coraline? "Yay, you found me, you only have 2 more to go"
-The sky falling apart in a very Twilight Princess way

This movie is a perfect blend of the Zelda franchise (most notably Ocarina) and Every Tim Schaeffer game (but most notably Psychonauts.)

If they make a Coraline sequel and it takes place in the belly of a whale we'll all know something suspicious is going on.

3CardMonte, Signing off
twitter.com/3cardmonte

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Tim Burten made a winner.

Tghe movie was amazingly well directed. When I first saw this I thought it was tech. stuff but it was really just claymation. Excellent claymation. The characters really stand out. I love the way that there is a complete opposite of characters in the other world. Tim is so weird that he came up with this movie. 5 stars. Needs to win at least 2 awards^^

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Tim Burten made a winner.

Tghe movie was amazingly well directed. When I first saw this I thought it was tech. stuff but it was really just claymation. Excellent claymation. The characters really stand out. I love the way that there is a complete opposite of characters in the other world. Tim is so weird that he came up with this movie. 5 stars. Needs to win at least 2 awards^^

Tim burton did not make this film, Henry Selick was the one who directed it.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I read the book and saw the movie. It was odd....I didn't like it THAT much ( The movie I mean). The book was alot better in my oppinion. But, its weird twist makes it so unique. Little kids behind me were screaming at some parts at the end. The other mom mutates into a spider and ahh it was just creepy :x

It wasn't made by Burton which I thought was very strange. It's done in a very Tim Burton style..

F

fallen angel

coraline was jaw dropping. i loved it. you know they had to take alot of time in the stop motion film. i personally have never read the book but from what i heard, it differs, for example, the doll that symbolizes the other mothers "eyes" wasnt in the book at all, jus a doll that coraline played with... a tea doll i believe it was called, and she threw it in the well to lure the other mother down there. but the movie is amazing. when i bought it, id watch it over and over for days. and i know that alot of people got bummed when they found out burton had no part in the film, but he is still a great producer, and he wrote the poem, the nightmare before christmas and it later became a movie.... it takes more than one person to create a masterpiece you know...

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
I don't care much for this movie. Actually, I didn't care at all for this movie that I
haven't even watched it. Movies like Caroline don't interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom