• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Connections Between Zoras in OoT, TWW, and TP

With an interview of Mr.Aonuma, it can be seen here, he confirmed that King Zora from OoT is the same King Zora from TP who is dead, but was married to Queen Rutela. So if they are the same King Zora, were is Princess Ruto in all of this? Instead of her, we see Prince Ralis. He is the young prince who must become King of Zora's Domain after Queen Rutela is diagnosed as dead. In OoT, in the Adult part of the game, the Zora's Domain is frozen over. The curse was caused by Morpha who, when killed, only cause Lake Hylia to melt and not leaving Zora's Domain frozen over. The way I see two things could happen. Zora's Domain unfreezes and Zant revives Morpha (Morpheel) causing them to freeze once more, or they never actualy unfroze until Link in TP gave them that Magma Rock. It also states that King Zora in OoT ceated the Zora Tunic and in TP created the Zora Armor. It is possible he made the Zora Armor after the Zora Tunic s a little upgrade product like how the Nintendo 64 was upgraded to the Gamecube, but it is also possible that they are the same thing with a slightly different name like how I beleive Morpha and Morpheel to be. Despite their difference in appearances. Moblins in OoT and TWW looked different, but they were still the same, despite their different appearances. Back to princess ruto. There is no mention of her what so ever in TP. If you look in this image:
PrinceRalis.png

If you look at his neck, you see what seems to be the Spiritual Stone of Water. The only referance of Ruto if she is considered to be connected to the stone in that way. That may infact be the actual stone itself, despite the size for the reasons stated above. His personality is identicle to Prince Komali. Who would have existed at the exact same time as he did on the oppisite side of the timeline. Besides his personality, his hair brades flap on the side of his head as does Ralis's head-fin-things. Also, the only other connection is that they both have "ali" in their names. Ruto had a refereance in TWW as Laruto the sage which may be Ruto from OoT despite the appearance. In PH and ST, there was Ruto's Crown. I think they might have decided not to do it in TP, but was reasured when creating PH. There really is nothing else I can think of to state but if I have more ideas, I will post them.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Does the gravestone say that it was the King Zora from OoT (referenced in the interview as Do Bon the third) that was Ralis' father? I had always thought that Rutela was Ruto's daughter, because that would fit more in terms of generational differences. The interview mentions OoT King Zora being referenced, but he doesn't say where exactly. The only reference I can think of is the graveyard.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Uh morpha didnt freeze zoras domain in Oot Sheik clearly said that no evil had made this to Zoras Domain it was a natural event of nature, Morpha only dried Lake Hylia and thats it but it may be true that it has been frozen since Oot all the way to TP, but that doesnt makes sense because the lady that has the boat shop says it was never cold in there before and that ere boat business is going bad cause the river is out.... which it means there was a river before (If not she was pretty stupid to open a boat shop in dry land). And lets not forget they were unfrozen Zoras in Lake Hyla in TP so they havent benn frozen...you know for a long time

Seven years later, after Link awakens from having pulled the Master Sword from its pedestal, the young hero returns to Zora's Domain to find it completely frozen over; moreover, the Lake Hylia entrance has been blocked by ice. The only Zoras that inhabit it are the King Zora and the shopkeeper of the Zora Shop, and both of them are frozen over by Red Ice, which only Blue Fire can melt.[3] Sheik explains that the ice is caused by an evil curse, and the source of the curse is Morpha, a monster in the Water Temple.
That is from the Zelda Wiki. It clearly states that Sheik said it was morpha from the water temple that froze the Zora's Domain. And the only people unfrozen was the King and Ruto. And King zora, at some point, was frozen. The Shopkeeper was unfrozen eventualy so you can get another zora tunic, bombs, arrows, potions, etc.

UPDATE: Here is what sheik said.
This ice is created by an evil curse... The monster in the Water Temple is the source of the curse. Unless you shut off the source, this ice will never melt.... If you have courage enough to confront the danger and save the Zoras, I will teach you the melody that leads to the temple.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Ember, the link you posted gives me nothing. Like literally it gives me "about blank." Can you re-post it before I debate with you?

Just a small note I'd like to put here: in the original japanese, it is not Prince Ralis, it's Princess Ralis....

Anyway, I still don't think Queen Rutela's husband is the same King Zora from OoT, that simply makes no sense :/

Pinecove

Last Chance
–There’s a reference to King Zora (the king of the Zora race in Ocarina of Time; his official name is Do Bon, the third), and there are some pictures of the man from the fishing pond (the owner of a fishing business near Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time). You can get the feeling here and there that the events from Ocarina of Time happened some time ago.

Well, I can't really argue with that.
Different localizations perhaps? Either that or different children. Zora CAN live 400 years.

or they never actualy unfroze until Link in TP gave them that Magma Rock.

The freezing only occurred on the Adult timeline so it had to be frozen a second time.

There's not much else I can say.

Hmm... as TP follows the child time line, does Ruto still end up becoming a sage?
If so, that would explain why she is not around anymore or mentioned in TP.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Hmm... as TP follows the child time line, does Ruto still end up becoming a sage?
If so, that would explain why she is not around anymore or mentioned in TP.

That explains why she's not mentioned as much in the Child Timeline, but she still exists, and she is still heir to the Zora throne. I suspect that it would have to be several generations between the OoT King Zora and Prince Ralis, because Ruto would have still inherited the throne, and if she's not mentioned, then she must have been several generations back as well, but still within the 100 year time span.

well, if we go by OoA, Zoras can live past 400 years.

The strange part is that Ruto's growth in OoT was really fast for only seven years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom