• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Connections Between Zoras in OoT, TWW, and TP

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'm not saying it's a coincidence, Ember. Aonuma says that there's a reference to the OoT King Zora, Do Bon III. Monarchs often have a tradition of giving their children names common in their lineage, so it could be Do Bon IV, Do Bon V, etc. that appears in TP on the gravestone. In fact, when I look at a video of someone obtaining the Zora Armour, there is no mention of any Do Bon, just a "King Zora," which refers to the previous King Zora, Rutela's husband. Is this the reference that Aonuma is referring to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJea6tLUYZs
The video mentions that it was passed down through the Zora royal family, which includes all previous Zora monarchs, which is the only place (at least, within that segment of the game) that definitely refers to the OoT King Zora, and all other subsequent Zora monarchs. I would think it sloppy of Nintendo to just cover up Ruto's existence entirely within TP if Prince Ralis were her brother.

Just a small note I'd like to put here: in the original japanese, it is not Prince Ralis, it's Princess Ralis....
Do you have any proof? beacuse as far as I knew this wasn't true, however i may be wrong

Pinecove

Last Chance
Wait wait wait......The Zora king in OoT is the 16th. Look:

Zora's Fountain
Don't disturb Lord Jabu-Jabu!
--King Zora XVI

This is weird...

Edit: I've figured it out. The person who says this isn't Aonuma - it's the interviewer:

compare:

–Congratulations on the release.

Aonuma: Thank you.

to

–There’s a reference to King Zora (the king of the Zora race in Ocarina of Time; his official name is Do Bon, the third), and there are some pictures of the man from the fishing pond (the owner of a fishing business near Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time). You can get the feeling here and there that the events from Ocarina of Time happened some time ago.

Aonuma: Those things have a connection to Ocarina of Time, and we were not very sure of whether to include them or not, but the staff was having a good time, so those details just kept increasing.

Aonuma didn't confirm them at all. For all we know those may be square brackets which are used AFTER an interview.

True. While it is an interesting piece of text, the entire thing is rather unconclusive. Aonuma did not directly mention anything about King Zora himself, and according to the dude who was conducting the interview, he didn't even know which King Zora he was talking about. He said the third, the game says the 16th, so its all just a bit confusing. At this point, I would not consider King Zora being confirmed to be the same person in OoT and TP. Not saying that it isn't possible, but this interview surely doesn't prove it and there are too many problems between OoT and TP (like Ruto missing, more of the Zora family that was never shown or talked about in OoT, etc.) that goes against the idea of them being the same person.

flaming pickle

SPUDOW!!!
I don't think that king zora in OoT and TP are the same person. Like if ruto got married and had a daughter named rutela than rutela married a zora that became king zora, then had a son that was ralis. Very long, but that is what I think happened.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Well if it is the same King Zora from OoT in TP, Princess Ruto could have died in Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly, which would make complete sense if Link went back to the time before the first three dungeons. That would explain her death, and even the need to reproduce and have another child, being Prince Ralis.

That's how it could have potentially happened, but I don't personally think it's the same King Zora. If it was, that would mean Zoras could live for a loooooooooooong time, not that we really know how long Zoras can live, or how long in between OoT and TP there is.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Well originally, Prince Ralis was supposed to be a girl.
They changed it afterward during developtment, but if it stayed-the Princess' name would be Ruto due to a mis translation earlier.
You could see how Prince Ralis could be Ruto.

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
Well originally, Prince Ralis was supposed to be a girl.
They changed it afterward during developtment, but if it stayed-the Princess' name would be Ruto due to a mis translation earlier.
You could see how Prince Ralis could be Ruto.

One problem.
Ruto is a girl
Ralis is a boy

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
One problem.
Ruto is a girl
Ralis is a boy

That is what I have just said.
The original Ralis was actually a female Zora named Ruto.
For some reason during development, they changed Ralis into a male.
Also, the name Ralis a mistranslation of Ruto during the transition from Japanese to English, they liked the name-and kept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom