• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Common Theory Breakdown: One or More Ganons?

How many Ganon's do YOU think there are?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Three

• More than three

• Total voters

Pinecove

Last Chance
This thread has gotten way to disorganized so I'm going to address things based on people and ideas, not point by point.

Rigor Mortis for Mosley
The game is rated T for Teen and most kids learn about Rigor Mortis when they are 12. Besides. Do you THINK the light spirits, Midna and Zelda would just let Ganondorf live? I mean - how can he even be alive? His Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck. Not to mention he was stabbed through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane. And you think he was just LEFT THERE? Uh-huh, I'm sure. If you don't accept Ganondorf's death because you don't believe in the Multi Ganondorf theory then who's the one making stupid possibilities now? Look in the mirror.

The removed text

The Japanese of that doesn't specifically imply the return of Ganondorf, but more evil is general:

First line = Japanese
Second line = Literal translation
Third line = LOLNOA

選ばれし力を持つ者が現れる時
When one who holds the chosen power appears...
When the chosen ones appear...

必ず、その対極を成す者が生まれ出ん
Necessarily, one to accomplish the antithesis of that will be born.
They are always born into this world in perfect balance.

それが、お前達が信じる神が与えた紋章を持つ者の運命だ
That is the fate of those who bear the crests that were awarded by the gods you believe in.
That is the destiny of the chosen. That is the fate decreed by your gods, the only path for those who bear their crests.

この世に紋章を持つ者が現れる限り
Whenever those bearing the crests appear in this world...
When this world brings forth another marked as you are...

何度でも、流血の時代が訪れる
An age of bloodshed will come, as often as need be.
Know too, that it shall also be visited by one of my blood.

これで、全てが終わったと思うなよ
Do not think everything ends with this...
Do not think this ends here...

これが、光と闇の血塗られた歴史の始まりだと思え!
Think of this as the beginning of a bloodsmeared history of light and darkness!
The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!

FSA being the Seal War
The beta text implies this is not the case anymore.

AST being Canon
I see no reason for it not to be. Just because it was released in Japan? Really? Maybe that's because:
1. The satellite was only active around Japan.
2. Nintendo is LOCATED in Japan.

# Of Ganondorfs
I don't see how TP Ganondorf and FSA Ganondorf can be the same. That being said, I don't think FSA Ganon = ALttP Ganon either because the two back stories contradict each other.

Rigor Mortis for Mosley
The game is rated T for Teen and most kids learn about Rigor Mortis when they are 12. Besides. Do you THINK the light spirits, Midna and Zelda would just let Ganondorf live? I mean - how can he even be alive? His Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck. Not to mention he was stabbed through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane. And you think he was just LEFT THERE? Uh-huh, I'm sure. If you don't accept Ganondorf's death because you don't believe in the Multi Ganondorf theory then who's the one making stupid possibilities now? Look in the mirror.

What is a stupid possibility is the possibility that anyone without moderately extensive knowledge of human anatomy would guess, assume, or even think that Ganondorf was left standing because of rigor mortis. I'm a health/medical major, and I don't need you to read me back things you learned off wikipedia. Much less than rigor mortis, it would be a "cadaveric spasm" as you mentioned before, that of which would only happen if he exserted himself physically before death and in the area of excersion would it cause a cadaveric spasm. What is already a very rare occurance is even lessened by the fact that if Ganondorf was to be left standing from a cadaveric spasm, he would have had to use his legs extensively before his death, that of which he DID NOT DO. Your theory is near impossible and I don't think it makes sense to have near impossible answers to things that aren't even explained to us in the game.

The removed text

was removed so it doesn't matter.

AaronX

One who sits
Much less than rigor mortis, it would be a "cadaveric spasm" as you mentioned before, that of which would only happen if he exserted himself physically before death and in the area of excersion would it cause a cadaveric spasm. What is already a very rare occurance is even lessened by the fact that if Ganondorf was to be left standing from a cadaveric spasm, he would have had to use his legs extensively before his death, that of which he DID NOT DO. Your theory is near impossible and I don't think it makes sense to have near impossible answers to things that aren't even explained to us in the game.

I think you're forgetting about the final battle where he tried to kill Link by rushing at him as fast as he could. [as the Dark Beast] Wouldn't you consider that a lot of running? [Of course, that does depend on how quickly you defeated him in the game] And WTF??? Just how many games have you played, anyways? They almost always have near impossible/ unexplained stuff in them!!

Pinecove

Last Chance
Mosley, I'll put it this way first:

I mean - how can he even be alive? His Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck. Not to mention he was stabbed through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane. And you think he was just LEFT THERE?

I don't see how TP Ganondorf and FSA Ganondorf can be the same.

I want you to respond to those.

Now I'll respond to your post:

What is a stupid possibility is the possibility that anyone without moderately extensive knowledge of human anatomy would guess, assume, or even think that Ganondorf was left standing because of rigor mortis.

Rigor Mortis (as I pointed out earlier) is generally learned by children at age 12.

I'm a health/medical major, and I don't need you to read me back things you learned off wikipedia.

Now this is just plain rude. I don't care whether you're a health major or the frigging President of The United States, but you will NOT talk to me like this.

Much less than rigor mortis, it would be a "cadaveric spasm" as you mentioned before, that of which would only happen if he exserted himself physically before death

So what, fighting Link doesn't count as physical exertion?

and in the area of excersion would it cause a cadaveric spasm. What is already a very rare occurance is even lessened by the fact that if Ganondorf was to be left standing from a cadaveric spasm, he would have had to use his legs extensively before his death, that of which he DID NOT DO.

I call bull**** as riding a horse requires INCREDIBLE leg muscle. Not to mention him as the twilight beast.

Your theory is near impossible and I don't think it makes sense to have near impossible answers to things that aren't even explained to us in the game.

And your theory is downright stupid as it assumes that Ganondorf is alive after his Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck, the stabbing through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane and the downright stupidity to let Ganondorf even LIVE in the first place which in fact contradicts FSA's Ganon.

was removed so it doesn't matter.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying that the removed text didn't imply a second coming of Ganondorf so much as it did a second tide of evil.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'll take a stab at this one.
I mean - how can he even be alive? His Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck. Not to mention he was stabbed through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane. And you think he was just LEFT THERE?
I don't think he was left there, either, but that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't come back. It might be one of those cases where he appears to die but his spirit lives on, or something of the sort. I'm guessing that they would have taken some measures to banish the body from Hyrule, which would have left him unattended for a long period after banishment. Anything could happen when someone isn't in the same realm. He could have also been revived, which isn't entirely improbable, considering all the many instances that it has been attempted.

Secondly, this business about Ganondorf and Zant splitting their souls like something out of a Harry Potter book isn't confirmed by the game. The degree to which they are in cahoots isn't specified greatly; Zant could be a minion, he could be possessed by Ganondorf, or he could be merely independent and was persuaded by Ganondorf. I tend to side with the latter, as that is what Zant suggests in his long monologue before you fight him at the end of the Twilight Temple. The only thing implied by Zant snapping Ganondorf's neck is that Zant wanted revenge of some sort.

Thirdly, the Triforce disappearing from his hand doesn't necessarily mean that he's dead. If the Triforce is in constant balance, as is suggested by both Sheik and Ganondorf, then Link and Zelda would lose their fragments as well. True, it means that he loses the Triforce of Power, which is theorized to grant nigh immortality, but someone could survive a wound like that without the Triforce of Power. The Triforce piece disappearing could be caused by any number of reasons. It could be linked to Midna's curse, and him losing his Triforce of Power, immediately followed by the curse being removed from Midna, seems like it could be a fair possibility. Perhaps it has been the Triforce of Power that has given him that ability, and by losing that magical power, Midna is no longer cursed. It may not be signifying his death at all, and rather him losing his magical power. If he is losing his power, and FSA is TP Ganondorf, then that explains why FSA Ganondorf needs to regain his magical powers through the Trident.

I call bull**** as riding a horse requires INCREDIBLE leg muscle. Not to mention him as the twilight beast.
I don't think you can use the Beast Ganondorf argument because no one here knows the specific of the sciences surrounding muscle structure after metamorphosis into a giant blue boar. We don't know the exact nature of his transformations, so we can't start using science to justify a kind of physical exertion that doesn't exist in real life. The horse argument, however, is a valid claim.

At any rate, in order for there to be a second Ganondorf, wouldn't the Triforce have to come into play in FSA? Granted, he is supposedly looking for the Triforce, but isn't every iteration of Ganon/Ganondorf centered around the Triforce? I haven't played much of FSA, so I'm a little unclear on the specifics of the Triforce in FSA, if there are indeed any.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Neither of you are being very respectful toward each other, so please stop accusing each other of it.

on cadaveric spasm: I'd have to agree with Mosley that they probably didn't specifically incorporate this phenomenon for biological accuracy. I had never heard it before, and I don't think many others have either, unless they're/'ve studying/ied that field, or looked it up in wikipedia when searching for an explanation for why ganondorf 'died' standing.
I think I have a better explanation, but I'd have to find the WW death quote to be certain.

on AST: Intent is intent. NoJ makes the games and the timeline. There aren't going to be different sets of games in different timelines for different regions.
If I tell one friend "I like cake," and another overhears me, should he assume that I don't like cake just because I didn't say it directly to him?

on Ganondorf's lineage: We know that a Gerudo male is born every 100 years and we know that the females sometimes go to Castle Town to look for boyfriends. Nothing is mentioned about a royal family. I find it more likely that any Gerudo male is made king. (except FSA Ganondorf? Was he king at some time?)

Pinecove

Last Chance
Locke64 said:
Neither of you are being very respectful toward each other, so please stop accusing each other of it.

I know this was directed at me, but was the second person Mosley or someone else?

(except FSA Ganondorf? Was he king at some time?)

FSA Ganondorf was a king who betrayed his tribe.

Edit:
figthersword said:
Ganondorf is always revived it's because of the gerudo witches.

This couldn't be wrong on more accounts....

Mosley, I'll put it this way first: I mean - how can he even be alive? His Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck. Not to mention he was stabbed through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane. And you think he was just LEFT THERE?

His Triforce piece faded. You don't know the nature of what that meant. It probably meant he lost it, so I'll agree on that. The symbolism with Zant is questionable. You nor anyone else has the true answer to why that scene displayed what it did. He was stabbed through his weak point as Beast Ganon multiple times with the Master Sword and he kept going. Not trying to downgrade that it is in fact the weaker point on his body, but I'm just saying. Yes, being stabbed through it would likely do more than just stun or hurt him, but kill him? No so sure. No, I don't believe he was left there. But to say I know what happened to him would be the same as you making such an accusation that you really know nothing about. You, nor anyone else, knows really what happened at the end of that game and I believe that if even for one second, you have to question something you aren't sure about (as in some people believing he didn't die and some that do), then you cannot come to an actual conclusion.

I'm not completely disagreeing with him possibly dying... Well, actually I am... But more ore less I'm getting sick and tired of people throwing around theories here that are not facts. New people come to this site every day and lots of them read up on timelines. Some people like to come on here and talk about their own theory like its a fact which, if one of those new people read it that way, they would believe it as fact. Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and we should state things as they are, as theories, and merely as possibilities to another solution.

I don't see how TP Ganondorf and FSA Ganondorf can be the same.

And I don't see how they can be different. Both had the same name. In TP, Ganondorf lost power. In FSA, he is trying to regain it. He transforms into a pig/beast named Ganon like he did in TP and OoT. I don't see how you can consider it a different man when he is exactly the same.

Now this is just plain rude. I don't care whether you're a health major or the frigging President of The United States, but you will NOT talk to me like this.

That's not being rude Pinecove... Its a fact... The last time you came up with that cadaveric spasm excuse, it was because you looked it up on wikipedia. Good, that you actually looked up some possibility, but this is about the third or fourth time that you have brought the same excuse up to me and I've given you the same reasoning for why it doesn't work. I'm getting tired of having to re-explain myself every time I make a post because apparently, you just won't accept my answers. I mean honestly its like sometimes people don't even read posts around here or even have the common courtesy to step down and say "Okay, so I was wrong". It gets tiresome, and if you think that was rude, then you have a very twisted view of what is rude and I can find at least 10 examples of how you were much more rude to either myself or other people with your tone. I don't want to do that, so how about we just continue being "rude" and be okay with it :).

So what, fighting Link doesn't count as physical exertion? I call bull**** as riding a horse requires INCREDIBLE leg muscle. Not to mention him as the twilight beast.

Like someone above said, you have no way of comprehending the metamorphosis of Ganon, nor how it affects his body. The horse thing, yes, it does take muscle strength. But the spasm only occurs in the area of physical assertion JUST BEFORE death. Like, if someone was being killed, fighting for their life and holding onto something.... If a cadaveric spasm were to occur, this person would die and continue holding onto the object. Ganondorf was not using his legs during the last battle. He was actually just walking around which seemed to me like it would rest his legs from riding the horse before if anything.

And your theory is downright stupid as it assumes that Ganondorf is alive after his Triforce piece faded, Zant refused to revive Ganon and hence broke the connection they shared by snapping his neck, the stabbing through his weak point with the blade of evil's bane and the downright stupidity to let Ganondorf even LIVE in the first place which in fact contradicts FSA's Ganon.

It, in no way, contradicts FSA's Ganon. And as I mentioned before, everything about the final scene is left up to interpretation. Everything you have listed here is your own speculation about what happened at the end. It was all symbolism that can be interpreted in many different ways. So, until the devs tell us something about it, it is unclear. Uncertain, and unclear.

I'm gonna have to agree with Mosley on this one. The cadaervic spasm thing doesn't necessarily sow that he is dead, just that he doesn't necessarily have to be alive. And as I have mentioned before, the Triforce "fading" could have simply been it lighting up.
But, while I may disagree with the multiple Ganondorf theory, I do think there are some interesting theories based on it. One that I really find intriguing is Ganondorf tampering with fate itself and making himself be reborn in a different body, so to speak..... so its the same Ganondorf, but not the same. o_O
Oh and Pinecove you are not exactly being very nice.

Last edited:

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
First I will start my reply by listing the games in The Legend of Zelda series that I have beaten.

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventures of Link
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

(All the games for handhelds I was never fortunate enough to own them so therefore the game was never played [besides Link's Awakening])
(FS/FSA I never felt compelled to play)
Call me an untrue fan or whatever, oh well

Now to the point of this thread:

The Multiple Deaths of Ganondorf! (Timeline Construction Helper)

I understand that this could be used as a good way to gauge a timeline based on Ganon's history, but with all the mixed theories and bickering why not look to another source that could provide more accurate analysis. Something that remains a constant in every game. The hero. Link.

Yes thats off topic so to speak but this thread has gotten a little off topic in its own regard. So I'll get back "on topic"

If we are to continue to use Ganon as a basis for setting a timeline, why not consider the possibility that it has not yet been revealed why its always the same Ganon. Maybe there has not yet been a game that explains it fully. I understand that there are storylines that do, in fact, link some games together as prequels and sequels, but take Majora's Mask for example. I look at Majora's Mask the same way that I look at Link's Awakening and that would be that while they could be placed in a timeline they are alternate universes. I know they don't feature Ganon but you have to remember too that Link has had remarkable abilities throughout his adventures. "Controlling Time" being a huge one. What if by chance these different games could take place in an alternate realm or timeline, if we were to apply the butterfly effect in a certain aspect. That would clearly free up some questioning to a certain degree about the whole Ganon situation. Now as I sat for an hour, pushing the kids into the pool, reading all of the replies in this thread I only saw one person mention something that went along with how I've always felt about Ganon and the Zelda series. I can't remember who said it and I don't feel like looking back but I remember seeing "The Spirit of Ganon". Now if we apply that to the mix a lot more things make since. An entity with divine intervention whom calls itself Ganon(dorf) and passes itself along the Gerudo bloodline. Maybe a curse itself place on the race. I'm not sure if thats what this person meant as "The Spirit of Ganon" but thats how I took it or always felt. A being with enough opposing force that it exists beyond a mortal understanding. This would explain how each Ganon is so powerful or can live for a long time. If this were also true it would mean that it just waits for another power hungry child to be born and latch itself onto them or when a host becomes unusable anymore then that host can truly "die", so to speak. I know its far reaching but also too you have to accept that since nothing legitimate has been revealed any possibility can be true. So all in all this is just a theory.

Pinecove

Last Chance
First off because I forgot to do this earlier: Locke64 I have the WW death quote you requested.
Bihldorff: I mean, recently we just recently met with the ESRB and talked about Ocarina of Time, and that had some dicey moments, whether or not it was going to get an E, you know, the original one where Ganondorf pukes out all that blood at the end, and then you end up ramming your sword down the pig's throat, you know, when he transforms, and it's not exactly non-violent, and if you imagine a scene like that with vastly improved realistic graphics, I think that'd probably be in the T range.

Trinen: We're really good about working with them too, like, the way submission works, you're basically supposed to send them a video tape of basically the most violent or reprehensible content in the game, and we let them know about the scene in the end where you finally defeat Ganondorf.

Bihldorff: Late, though. We had to tack that on...

Trinen: Did we? I thought we did that at the same time.

Bihldorff: We did an early submission on that, and then we saw that, and were like, "whoa...!"

Trinen: And we saw that and thought that was pretty intense there, and so we showed that to them, and they looked at that and took it into consideration based on the look of the game and how much of the game that represents in terms of the overall gameplay.

Bihldorff: There was no blood, and he turned to stone, and died. They took all that into account.

Trinen: You're not supposed to... you gave the whole thing away, Nate! (laughs)

PGC: Okay, do you guys have anything you want to say in closing?

Trinen: (whispers) Zelda rocks!

Source.

DuckNoises said:
Secondly, this business about Ganondorf and Zant splitting their souls like something out of a Harry Potter book isn't confirmed by the game.

Zant is what the Japanese call an "omniyouji". An omniyouji is sort of like a wizard who works for the Royal Family and often inherits the throne from them which would explain why Zant was expecting to have the throne and not Midna as in Japanese history, females don't usually inherit the throne.

Another aspect of an omniyouji is that while they can cast spells using magic, they don't necessarily have the ability to put their spells to use which is why they need to bind their soul with that of a god in order to have the powers necessary for casting their spells and using their magic. This happens to Zant when he sees Ganondorf and thinks that he is a god. Zant and Ganondorf become 'soul-bound' so that Zant can use Ganondorf's powers and Ganondorf can use Zant's powers.

However, because an omniyouji and a god are soul-bound, their lives depend on one another. If one dies, then the other needs to revive them. If the one that died refuses to be revived, then the other can easily die as well. This is what happens at the end of TP. Zant is dead and then Link delivers a fatal blow to Ganondorf who then turns to Zant hoping to revive him which would save them both. But Zant refuses to be revived (symbolized by Zant breaking his neck), resulting in Ganondorf dying as well.

Mosley said:
His Triforce piece faded. You don't know the nature of what that meant. It probably meant he lost it, so I'll agree on that.

I always assumed the Master Sword (being the blade of evil's bane) blocked it out.
But okay we agree on one issue.

The symbolism with Zant is questionable. You nor anyone else has the true answer to why that scene displayed what it did.

Explained above in response to DuckNoises.

He was stabbed through his weak point as Beast Ganon multiple times with the Master Sword and he kept going. Not trying to downgrade that it is in fact the weaker point on his body, but I'm just saying.

We face beast Ganon as wolf link...
Regardless however the sword went all the way through in the final battle whereas Twilight Beast Ganon was not stabbed all the way through, and in general more - sliced and/or cut than stabbed.

I'm not completely disagreeing with him possibly dying... Well, actually I am... But more ore less I'm getting sick and tired of people throwing around theories here that are not facts. New people come to this site every day and lots of them read up on timelines. Some people like to come on here and talk about their own theory like its a fact which, if one of those new people read it that way, they would believe it as fact. Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion and we should state things as they are, as theories, and merely as possibilities to another solution.

O I definitely agree, it's just I believe you're wrong. :P

And I don't see how they can be different. Both had the same name. In TP, Ganondorf lost power. In FSA, he is trying to regain it. He transforms into a pig/beast named Ganon like he did in TP and OoT. I don't see how you can consider it a different man when he is exactly the same.

And you believe this Ganon is the same Ganon as from the Seal War?
Sorry Mosley, but the debate ends here.

The Seal War manual (Japanese translation by the way so no wiggling out of this one) says Ganon was "born" when he touched the Triforce during the seal war:

SNES Japanese ALttP Manual Translation said:
ハイラルをおびやかした邪悪の王ガノンは、まさにこの時、誕生したのです。

At this time the evil King Ganon, who threatened Hyrule, was born.

"Tanjyou" means birth, or beginning of something new.

Now Ganon became a "maou" when he touched the Triforce, (and we can't deny he didn't get the entire Triforce for the seal war or that this is referring to something else or that the seal war doesn't come directly before ALttP with the same Ganon because we know it does because of original intent) and the evil king Ganon was "born" as a maou. The problem is however that Ganondorf was ALREADY a maou in Twilight Princess.

So in other words, your theory directly contradicts ALttP's manual which states the seal war was the birth of the maou Ganonrather than your theory which asumes the maou Ganon must have been born twice (even though from translation notes we know this was the beginning of something new).

Try to get out of that...

Mosley said:
he last time you came up with that cadaveric spasm excuse, it was because you looked it up on wikipedia.

Actually I've known about cadaveric spasm for a long time, but I didn't know you were in medical school so I brought Wikipedia as proof.

but this is about the third or fourth time that you have brought the same excuse up to me and I've given you the same reasoning for why it doesn't work. I'm getting tired of having to re-explain myself every time I make a post

This is the first time we have properly had this debate though as every time you made those responses I responded back to get no response from you in the first place!
Regardless ,we're having this discussion now (well...actually I see it more as a victory after my last big point.) :P

The horse thing, yes, it does take muscle strength. But the spasm only occurs in the area of physical assertion JUST BEFORE death. Like, if someone was being killed, fighting for their life and holding onto something.... If a cadaveric spasm were to occur, this person would die and continue holding onto the object. Ganondorf was not using his legs during the last battle. He was actually just walking around which seemed to me like it would rest his legs from riding the horse before if anything.

Sword fighting (from what I've discovered during my fencing lessons) actually requires a TON of bending of the knees. Not only that but Ganondorf DID charge and hold his ground against you in what is called a "push off" (when you had to tap A really fast...)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Pinecove said:
Now Ganon became a "maou" when he touched the Triforce, (and we can't deny he didn't get the entire Triforce for the seal war or that this is referring to something else or that the seal war doesn't come directly before ALttP with the same Ganon because we know it does because of original intent) and the evil king Ganon was "born" as a maou. The problem is however that Ganondorf was ALREADY a maou in Twilight Princess.

So in other words, your theory directly contradicts ALttP's manual which states the seal war was the birth of the maou Ganonrather than your theory which asumes the maou Ganon must have been born twice (even though from translation notes we know this was the beginning of something new).

Try to get out of that...

It can't be referring to the literal birth of Ganon because he had to exist to touch the Triforce in the first place. He couldn't have touched the Triforce and then been born. It's probably referring to Ganondorf's transformation into Ganon.

Besides, it's a 15 year-old document probably translated with an internet translator, and bits and pieces of the SNES ALttP manual have likely been retconned, since there were occasional text differences in GBA ALttP to specifically accommodate for what had happened in OoT. A lot of the text in the SNES ALttP was contradictory to what was said in OoT, hence why the GBA ALttP has different text.

Pinecove

Last Chance
It can't be referring to the literal birth of Ganon because he had to exist to touch the Triforce in the first place. He couldn't have touched the Triforce and then been born. It's probably referring to Ganondorf's transformation into Ganon.

It's refering to Ganondorf's birth as a maou (Demon King) for the first time.

Besides, it's a 15 year-old document probably translated with an internet translator, and bits and pieces of the SNES ALttP manual have likely been retconned, since there were occasional text differences in GBA ALttP to specifically accommodate for what had happened in OoT. A lot of the text in the SNES ALttP was contradictory to what was said in OoT, hence why the GBA ALttP has different text.

This WAS NOT TRANSLATED WITH AN INTERNET TRANSLATOR.
Sorry to spaz, but it was translated by someone extremely fluent in Japanese (much more so than Dan Owsen's localization team for ALttP was).

Also Ganon's role in those events is explicitly explained by the sages. It's kept ambiguous up until then because you're supposed to believe that Agahnim is the villain. We know that Ganon was responsible for the evil power that came from the Sacred Realm. The GBA manual story was edited down to be effectively the same as the in-game intro, which never mentioned Ganon in the SNES version either.

And by the by, OoT =/= the seal war.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's refering to Ganondorf's birth as a maou (Demon King) for the first time.
During the time when the manual was created, the idea of OoT Ganondorf had not been conceived, and therefore ALttP would have been the next earliest time that Ganondorf transformed into Ganon. The manual was accurate at the time, but it says things that are now contradictory to what has since been established as the earliest version of Ganondorf.
Regardless, Ganon already existed as Ganondorf beforehand in the back story of ALttP. The game suggests this, and so does the sentence you've written above that I've quoted. It can't be referring to a literal birth, because that would mean that ALttP Ganondorf is not ALttP Ganon, which is contradictory to what ALttP says.

And by the by, OoT =/= the seal war.
I didn't say this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom