• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Games

How do you get out of production games?

• Go to the ends of the earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll pick it up if I see it

• Don't bother

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
How hard do you try to find and get your hands on a copy of a great classic game that is out of production especially if it has been out for a while. Personally, I try pretty hard if I want the game. I enjoy finding a relic to gaming and being able to experience it for myself. I have had some trouble with it in the past though.
So, do you just pass by the games you didn't get, or do you go to the ends of the earth to find them?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I'll try to hunt it down, but if it involves me paying an insanely high price, I don't do it. I hunted the original StarFox 64 down and bought it for only $7. That's what makes me happy.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It really depends on the game. If I want it and it is really rare I will try really hard to get it. With most games, I will pick them up for really cheap at Goodwill, garage sales and secondhand game stores.

If there is a classic game for a now obsolete system that I desire I usually search nearby stores for a copy or purchase it online. I am willing to pay upwards to $30 for such a thing as I've always felt physical media to be more secure than its downloadable counterpart. That would put me in the "I'll pick it up if I see it" category.

Depends on how classic you're talking. If it is Nintendo 64 and earlier, then I just emulate it. I really don't care about actually owning a game, just playing it. If we're talking later than that, and it's a game I really want, then I will have it (or borrow it from someone I know who has it).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I am addicted to classic games. If I want it I will hunt that thing down even if I die from it (well maybe not DIE but....)

You get the picture though. I LOVE classic games<3

Not only will I try to find it (or having it shipped) but I will buy it at a high price. I did that once with Final Fantasy VI on SNES.

Kazumi

chagy
I will generally pick it up if I see it around at a store. Sometimes I make a trip to one of my local retro game stores, though the products they have are usually far more expensive than they need to be. Otherwise I'll pick up games that I see at used stores or yard sales if they're at a good price, even if I don't intend to play them. I there is a game that I actually want to play, I'll generally just purchase it from Amazon or eBay. You can usually find what it is you want for 30 dollars or less (usually less).

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It depends on which game it is. I won't go out of my way to find them, only if I happen to come across them and at a reasonable price. I usually won't go any higher than $10 for any game for any system.

I don't go out of my way just to get classic games, I just take trips every once in a while to a place that isn't to far from where I live called Cash-In Culture.

Claire

The Geekette
Unless the cash in your wallet is limitless, you won't be able to purchase whatever you want whenever you want it. There are games that are horribly expensive, especially depending on the condition you want them in and the completeness (having the original manual, box, and internal packaging). We frequent yard sales, flea markets, community sales, and thrift stores in search of video games and consoles. We're also members of a Nintendo community online dedicated to collectors. If you're online or in a retail store, a lot of the time you'll get charged more for the game than what it is worth (because they're looking for profit). I think it is more fun and easier on your wallet if you are mindful of your purchases and keep an eye out. If you make friends with other collectors, sometimes you can get incredible deals (and free shipping) from trades.

I love collecting, which is why we own and play more old school games than we do new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom