• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Games You Could Not Get into

Basically, is there a game that is considered classic you couldn't get into?

I know I may be hated for this but I couldn't get into FFVII much. After completing the first disc, I didn't find the motivation I needed to continue.

i'll say it, i did NOT like secret of mana. it seemed like the battle system was just unfair and half of the time i was just trying to figure out where to go next. to me, the sprites all looked like chrono trigger rejects and playing it for too long actually HURT MY EYES no other game has ever done that so i'm just gonna assume it's the game. the battle system seemed unfair because you were always unconcious and prevented from attacking. i can't believe i wasted 800 wii points on it.

Kybyrian

Honestly, I had a ton of trouble getting into Final Fantasy II. It is a very good game, but I had struggles going past the beginning of it. At the very beginning of the game you were all weak and then you suddenly had to walk all the way up the town of the people that attacked you at the beginning of the game. The overworld is a very ruthless place. Right outside is absolutely no problem because the enemies are all extremely weak, but then you go up a little bit. More than likely you end up going off of the direct path. Well, this is the bad part. If you go just a little bit, you'll run into enemies that you can't dream of combating at that level. I eventually gave up because it seemed that there was no way to get up there.

Eventually I turned it back on and attempted to play it again, but I had kind of the same problem. I got past the first part this time, but then I attempted to play through the rest of it. Without knowing the exact path to travel the game is extremely difficult, because if you venture off even a tiny bit you are horded by overpowered enemies for your level and end up dying very easily. It got to me and I just turned it off again.

Eventually I got past this, but it was a very hard to game to get into.

Austin

Austin
The first Mega Man game. I don't usually reject games due to difficulty, but that one was just frustrating. Mostly, difficult enemies and challenges encourage me to practice a bit to overcome them, but for whatever reason the obstacles in this game just weren't fun to me, and therefore I'm extremely reluctant to play it. I'm not saying that it's a bad game by any means, but it definitely isn't the type I'm into. I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom