• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Areas or New Areas??

Which are you more excited to see? New areas or classic areas?

• New Areas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic Areas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Simple question, are you more excited to see the new areas or a return to the older classic areas (like the Lost Woods or the Fishing Pond). If you want you can say which places you want to see the most and why.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Interesting question. I'd have to go with new areas. Although seeing Lake Hylia again would be quite nostalgic, I'd rather see Nintendo be innovative than live off of the past.

Kybyrian

I think it would be nice to see a little mix of both. Nobody likes being held back constantly in a series, it feels boring and like nothing is ever changing. People want something different, and I have a feeling that's what they'll be giving us. We're already getting an entire new graphics style and gameplay, so why stop there? We're going to be seeing Skyloft, which is also new to us. It'd be nice to see a lot of new areas in the game, and we most likely will be. I have a pretty good feeling about this game, and I just hope that I'm right with these thoughts.

It would be cool and nostalgic to see Lake Hylia again, sure, but I don't want to walk a few more steps and see the Lost Woods, then the exact same Death Mountain we saw in another game, and so on. A mix of them would be absolutely perfect, and I would love it. We've seen new areas in every Zelda game, no doubt that we'll be seeing either entirely new areas or a mix of both in Skyward Sword.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I really want both, but after a lot of internal arguing, I chose "Classic Areas." Since Skyward Sword will predate even Ocarina of Time, putting in new areas leaves the big question--"where did they go in the later games?" There's also a big nostalgia factor when you see classic areas, and that's what I'm looking for. However, I'm not saying that I'll dislike the new areas. I'm really looking forward to both!!! :D

Some areas would be nice to see again, but overall I would prefer there be new areas in the game. Without new areas to explore, I think it would get kind of boring or repetitive, a mixture of both would be ideal, but I wouldn't want all old areas.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think classic areas are a necessity.
We know we're dealing with a prequel here so seeing classic areas would make a lot sense to see some of the areas before ocarina of time. What if we saw how the lost woods became a maze?
Anyway, these "classic" areas can't be the same environments with updated textures, we need a different place while not straying to far from the original. I think that all of the areas could be classic areas, but I don't think that any areas can be exactly "similar" areas.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would like to see the Lost Wood, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Hyrule Castle Town, and Kakairiko Village return, but I would also like to see some new areas.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I really want to see more of the classic areas that previous games had like: Lake Hylia, Lost Woods, Kakariko Village, Castle Town Market, Lon Lon Ranch (not sure if this will show up in the game), Zora's Domain, Death Mountain, etc. But I would like to see some new areas as well, but I'm more so looking forward to seeing the old classic areas. :)

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
While classic areas would be nice to have, I voted for new ones. I've seen the old areas a dozen times already, and although I would jump out of my chair screaming if I saw Lake Hylia or something, I still prefer new ones. Skyward Sword is all about changing and adding to the Zelda series, so I highly doubt we'll be seeing some classic areas anyways. Maybe we'll get one for a small portion of the game (like the Temple of Time in TP - it was great to have in the game but you only really went there once, unlike OoT where you were going there constantly), but I think that'll be it).

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I think Lake Hylia and the BIG ones should be there but they can certainly be innovative but not TOO innovative. Like don't get carried away and take away everything that IS Zelda.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I'd actually rather like to see new areas as opposed to classic areas. Experimentation with areas will keep the series fresh after all, and I think Nintendo can afford to take this risk. Of course, I'm open to classic areas being in the game as long as they don't make the game feel recycled or stale. I'd especially like to see Death Mountain, the Lost Woods, Zora's Domain, and a Graveyard come back.

I would like to see a nice mixture of both. Maybe less old, more new. But the game has been confirmed to be a bit smaller like Majora's Mask, and it does have me a bit concerned. I've always preffered longer games, especially in this economy. I'd like to get a bunch of good hours for $50.00. And for everyone who doesn't know the release date has been set for April 11th, 2011!!! : D

13foxes

I'd like both. If all the areas are new, it'd be... strange. It'd not feel like Zelda anymore without at least a forest or a mountain. But, I also get bored with all the old areas being used over and over. So yeah, a mixture of both would be nice. Maybe more new areas then old the ones.

But if I have to choose, I'll go with the new areas. Exploring completely new places and new environment is definitely better and more interesting than going through the same places again.

S

Sakuravision

I would love to see both old areas and new areas. The old areas are part of what make Zelda, Zelda, but new areas mixed in will add new depth and spice to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom