• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

ExLight

why
Staff member
You're defending her an awful lot based on your own interpretations of her messages, I'd rather have her explain what she meant herself but if she's scum now you gave her excuses all chewed up so now my whole attempt to prod her is useless
:^)

ExLight

why
Staff member
She said accusations against Hapi without meta were unfounded, a statement she reiterated when she stated Hapi was the most likely to be scum out of the for cross-voters.
And she didn't call KoD scum, just less townie than me beteween our crossvote. She made it clear she wouldn't be happy with either lynch.
saying hapi is being voted unfairly because people aren't considering her meta and following it with saying hapi is one of the scummiest in a group she's analyzing is a blatant contradiction

if she truly thinks hapi has any reasons to be scumread then she would not dismiss other players' votes purely as lack of meta

You're defending her an awful lot based on your own interpretations of her messages, I'd rather have her explain what she meant herself but if she's scum now you gave her excuses all chewed up so now my whole attempt to prod her is useless
:^)
Aside from the crossvote thing there's not much that comes from personal interpretation? Most of what I pointed out was actually in the text.
re KoD I think he is less likely to be town compared to DawningWinds but hasn't actually done anything worth lynching IMO
She literally just says she's townreading me more than KoD. That's not a scumread in anyway considering she's pretty consistently townread me so far, especially since she also states that he's not worth lynching in her mind.

Hmm there are like two cross votes going on right now and none of those four are *actually* scummy I think out of them the most likely to be scum is actually Neon even though I think attempting to read her without context of meta is going to backfire

saying hapi is being voted unfairly because people aren't considering her meta and following it with saying hapi is one of the scummiest in a group she's analyzing is a blatant contradiction

if she truly thinks hapi has any reasons to be scumread then she would not dismiss other players' votes purely as lack of meta
She doesn't think Hapi's scummy though. She just puts her as the most likely scum of four people who aren't scummy to her. Nothing a'lana's said about Abi's meta suggests she thinks Abi's play is town-indicative with meta, just that it's not scum-indicative and she doesn't think pushing her without considering meta is smart-- that lines up reasonably with "Abi's not as townie as these three other people". Again, she explicitly says that none of the four players in the crossvotes are scummy to her, which means Neon is by that statement obviously not considered seriously scummy to her.

ExLight

why
Staff member
idek where you coming from because i can't tell whether you're white knighting her or just taking her text at too much of a face value

if she really was townreading you that much she'd be trying to get steam off you asap by help identify other viable options for a wagon, from where I stand it feels like you were pocketed pretty badly

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Aside from the crossvote thing there's not much that comes from personal interpretation? Most of what I pointed out was actually in the text.

She literally just says she's townreading me more than KoD. That's not a scumread in anyway considering she's pretty consistently townread me so far, especially since she also states that he's not worth lynching in her mind.

Alana is also right by the way. Voting me without meta knowledge generally ends poorly 98.5% of the time and Alana knows this because even though we only played one game together I was ran up day 1 but ended up helping win the game in lylo and admittedly I played poorly until lylo 2 electric boogaloo but I was indeed town despite the incessant pressure early.

And indeed this is my problem. My most usefulness is in lylo. It was lylo 2 where I reread sparkles and won the game. In champs with kod it was near lylo where I reread kod admittedly way to late in the phase and inevitably caused his night kill and in lylo where I actively attempted to pressure his correct mafia read although we lost.

But in general I'm an enigma early because of numerous factors which include me wanting to have fun in a game rather than push psychological reads of some words on a page early that mean nothing without context and my absolute inability to trust my reads ever, something I've been working on. And indeed day 2 I often do become more useful unless I see something really off-putting to me early like voting without context which is a big hell to the naw to me.

ExLight

why
Staff member
She doesn't think Hapi's scummy though. She just puts her as the most likely scum of four people who aren't scummy to her. Nothing a'lana's said about Abi's meta suggests she thinks Abi's play is town-indicative with meta, just that it's not scum-indicative and she doesn't think pushing her without considering meta is smart-- that lines up reasonably with "Abi's not as townie as these three other people". Again, she explicitly says that none of the four players in the crossvotes are scummy to her, which means Neon is by that statement obviously not considered seriously scummy to her.
Just because she isn't spelling it out doesn't mean she isn't throwing shade at Hapi by singling her out with her "most likely to be scum out of those"

throwing shade at Hapi and KoD saying they're less likely to be town than the people she already put in a mini readlist as town contributes literally nothing since it was already implied and if anything just gives her an excuse for her to potentially swap her vote into later on, as well as giving it fuel for potential people to sheep the opinions

...Can you explain the term "white knighting" in a Mafia context? I have never seen it before this game and this is the second time I've been accused of.

You do have a bit of a point about a town player most likely being inclined to defend their townreads. Skimming through her posts she hasn't done much in the way of actually trying to get others to where she's at with any of her reads.

Princess Abigail

In a game where day 1 lynches are necessary such as mafia I find that attempting to read people ends just as often in town getting lynched day 1 as just kinda shooting a fish at random in a barrel and while I will vote for the person I find scummiest day 1 it will generally be more for something like being non existent or refusing to post context or getting super defensive over little unnecessary things than anything else. But in the case of Dawning they've been growing on me and admittedly the defensiveness while largely unnecessary was directed at the right things which is important in this context.

Princess Abigail

...Can you explain the term "white knighting" in a Mafia context? I have never seen it before this game and this is the second time I've been accused of.

You do have a bit of a point about a town player most likely being inclined to defend their townreads. Skimming through her posts she hasn't done much in the way of actually trying to get others to where she's at with any of her reads.

I believe it's essentially being overly protective of someone and not letting them defend themself but defending them unwaveringly but I could be wrong lol

Just because she isn't spelling it out doesn't mean she isn't throwing shade at Hapi by singling her out with her "most likely to be scum out of those"

throwing shade at Hapi and KoD saying they're less likely to be town than the people she already put in a mini readlist as town contributes literally nothing since it was already implied and if anything just gives her an excuse for her to potentially swap her vote into later on, as well as giving it fuel for potential people to sheep the opinions
I don't think she'd put Seanzie as town? Previously anyway. On that note I am a little confused at Neon being more scum than Seanzie since neither of them are marked as being considered anything more townie than "not scum indicative in their meta". Though yeah putting KoD as less town than me really doesn't do very much when she's alread said she thinks I'm townie and not done so for KoD.

But I don't feel it'd really be effective as an excuse to vote them, given she states multiple times she doesn't view either of them as scummy. That'd be kind of obvious backtracking unless something later could naturally be sold as something she'd see as scummy from them.

ExLight

why
Staff member
What I'm saying is that:
- She publicly posted having a town read on me, you, and Raven.
- If she's scumleaning Hapi and KoD, she's suddenly throwing shade at Hapi who she had just defended
- If she's neutralreading Hapi and KoD, all of those posts are CWAC, because it adds nothing to what we couldn't figure out from her previous readlist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom