• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Champions Ballad Reveal and Discussion

Best dungeon in the whole game (the music was fantastic) and the final fight was awesome too! I liked the memories as well because they made me care more for the champions.
All in all a great DLC and worth the money.

So far I've only done one leg of the DLC, but I have to say so far I'm profoundly disappointed in it. If I'd known this was what I was getting I likely wouldn't have paid for it. This was what I was afraid they would do with it, the culmination of all my worst fears for the content made manifest. Pathetic. Utterly. ****ing. Pathetic.

That's exactly what it is. Length depends on your skill level I guess but you have to take out 4 enemy camps and complete 4 new shrines all with 1/4 of a heart. I did it in just under an hour.

Be careful there's a Major strength shrine with more than one Guardian. Save your one-hit weapon.
Damn that's disappointing. These one hit death sections need to die in a fire.

Damn that's disappointing. These one hit death sections need to die in a fire.

It isnt very hard since you still have all your weapons. I juat used bomb arrows and elemental combos like ice arrow followed by fire arrow.

The worst part is a forced stealth section where even with full health you'll still get one shotted and mipha's grace wont help.

I loved all of it.

I don't usually like instant death sections of games, but found it made the first section a lot more fun than I was expecting, and I actually forgot about the obliterator for the majority of it, only using it as a reflex if an enemy got too close. It also had the most hilarious deaths I've had in the game so far... my favourite being when I accidentally bombed a tree and it fell on me.

Searching out the shrines in the second section was a welcome break after the first section... I liked the fact that they gave the clues kind of cryptically and left you to work out where you had to go from the aerial images... the new shrines as well were great, and finishing the section with the restricted rematches made the old fights a lot more interesting (I actually found that it reversed the difficulty for me... the ones I'd found hardest before were now easiest and vice-versa).

The final dungeon I was a little disappointed by, as I was hoping for more of a challenge (the hardest part was probably tracking down all of the chests), but still found it a lot of fun, and the final fight was a pleasant surprise.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm in the middle of the Final dungeon right now, but my Mom is hogging the Wii U...

So far the dungeon is a little disappointing because I was hoping it'd be traditional, but I still like it

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I'm in the middle of the Final dungeon right now, but my Mom is hogging the Wii U...

So far the dungeon is a little disappointing because I was hoping it'd be traditional, but I still like it
It's actually as close to a traditional dungeon as you're going to get. You HAVE to solve the puzzles a certain way since you cannot use your overpowered Champion abilities to brute force your way through them. It's by far the best-designed dungeon in BotW.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm stuck at the final boss fight of it. It' difficult,and I'm in master mode to top it off. Need tips for him.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It's actually as close to a traditional dungeon as you're going to get. You HAVE to solve the puzzles a certain way since you cannot use your overpowered Champion abilities to brute force your way through them. It's by far the best-designed dungeon in BotW.
While that may be true, it's still not traditional.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm stuck at the final boss fight of it. It' difficult,and I'm in master mode to top it off. Need tips for him.
Triple attack boosts are helpful in getting his hp down quickly to get to the next phases. Also, Urbosa’s Fury is useful to stun him in a pinch. It only works once, but when he’s got all those clones out, setting down some mighty bananas will distract him and reveal the real one (which is really goddamn funny).

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
While that may be true, it's still not traditional.
Elaborate. Did you want locked doors? Minibosses? A boss key? A key item you need to find to progress and kill the boss?
If so, then yeah, I would agree that this isn't quite a completely traditional dungeon. It's still a dungeon that's a bit more linear than the other dungeons, though: an aspect found in traditional Zelda dungeons.

What phase are you stuck on?
I've only done it on normal difficulty but found it fairly easy, as it's just a mix of combat styles we've seen before... just use the same sort of tactics you'd usually use against each type of attack and you should be fine.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I finished all songs and am now at the final Titan. So far I loved the challenges. I loved the memories and Urbosa is my new fav champion. I found the one-hit kill challenge far from difficult and it was tons of fun. The Big challenge (with multiple guardians) was very easy. It was all about timing. I wish we could have kept that weapon :P I also liked the challenges you had to take to get access to the titans. Probably the racing ones were the most fun to me.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Triple attack boosts are helpful in getting his hp down quickly to get to the next phases. Also, Urbosa’s Fury is useful to stun him in a pinch. It only works once, but when he’s got all those clones out, setting down some mighty bananas will distract him and reveal the real one (which is really goddamn funny).
CLONES?!?! Dammit I didn't do much of anything. I'l remember that then.

What phase are you stuck on?
I've only done it on normal difficulty but found it fairly easy, as it's just a mix of combat styles we've seen before... just use the same sort of tactics you'd usually use against each type of attack and you should be fine.

Well I guess I was stuck in the beginning phase of the fight. When he does the thing where the wind comes after you out of the ground and the rocks hit you at the end of it. Can't escape it and he was doing fireblight stuff immediately afterwards and just hitting me into the wind pillar. That's what killed me

I liked the Shrines a lot, and that boss, so much fun! My only issue is that it didn't take place after the main game like we were once told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom