• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canon so terrible you pretended it never happened

• Star Wars prequels and newest sequel. You don't get to undermine decades of canon or create Jar Jar Binks and have me think you are stable enough to own your own canon.
  • Serenity: Almost everyone dies is not the way to get a television show, you idiots.
  • Gilmore Girls: The last episode. I do not accept that Rory doesn't agree to become engaged to Logan. It doesn't make sense with her character so much as the theme the writer wanted.
  • True Blood: Everything after Season 4, but especially after seasoon 5.
  • House of Cards: Everything after Season 2.
  • True Detective: Series 2
  • The X-Files: Everything after season 3
  • Lost - Everything after Season 4
  • Arrested Development: Everything after Season 3

Why Episode 7...?

Misty

Ronin
Why Episode 7...?

Because I've read 79 star wars novels that take place after episode 6...and let me assure you they're nothing like episode 7. Beyond that, while there isn't anything absolutely wrong with seven, there isn't much right about it either. It's an unimaginative rehash of new hope with too much political correctness and not enough ability to stand on its own merit.

Because I've read 79 star wars novels that take place after episode 6...and let me assure you they're nothing like episode 7. Beyond that, while there isn't anything absolutely wrong with seven, there isn't much right about it either. It's an unimaginative rehash of new hope with too much political correctness and not enough ability to stand on its own merit.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
True Blood: Everything after Season 4, but especially after seasoon 5.

Season 6 was awful. Everything up until that point was enjoyable but 6 was just a weak ending to a pretty decent series. There was no good villain and the actual conclusion was so unsatisfying.

Dan

I don't take canons seriously enough to place a mental block on them. Reboots, remakes, retellings and retcons have given me a mindset where I view a canon as its own separate entity that can be pulled apart or modified at any time. I agree many Hollywood sequels are usually terrible cash ins, but they usually do bring to the table some awesome elements that could be utilised better in another movie, comic, game.

I can't think of any canon change that has frustrated me.

Misty

Ronin
Season 6 was awful. Everything up until that point was enjoyable but 6 was just a weak ending to a pretty decent series. There was no good villain and the actual conclusion was so unsatisfying.

Yeah, I mean, I wasn't a fan of how season four ended, season five tried to rally a mess of a story and did a decent job of it, but all the stuff from Billith onwards is just a trainwreck.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
So I have only seen the first four seasons of True Blood. You're saying I'm not really missing anything by not getting the rest of it?

Misty

Ronin
what do you mean by political correctness

Unbelievable girl power scenes (looking at you almost every scene with Rei and Finn.) Having a black stormtrooper as explained by him being taken as a child when that goes against all established doctrine about how these armies are built. (Clones that are trained from infancy not childhood). Having Rei beat a trained force user because reasons which entirely undermines all the previous information about how force sensitivity works. Lots of this could be explained by ****ty writing, but it seems much more clearly explained by the fact Disney has been hell bent on being politically correct and that means diversity and feminism.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Not missing much there. Quit whilst you still have a high opinion of the series.
Ah, okay then. Do the same with Chuck if you watch that. Stop at season 5 episode 8. Do not watch episodes 9 and beyond of season five.

Misty

Ronin
So I have only seen the first four seasons of True Blood. You're saying I'm not really missing anything by not getting the rest of it?

I think that entirely depends on your reasons for watching it. If like me, you were in it for hotties and enjoying a hot mess story for all the hot messyness, then you're still missing out. If you were actually silly enough to be watching it for good acting or a story then you will miss nothing...to be fair if you'd never seen it, you'd be missing nothing in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom