• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canon so terrible you pretended it never happened

Djinn

and Tonic
Basically when you love a series but then something is added, retconned, or a sequel is made that is so horrible that you just mentally block it out and act like it was never made at all. In either movies, shows or games.

I would start with all things Terminator that came after T2. I just like to act like the series ended there with Arnold's thumbs up.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The final five episodes of Chuck. The eighth episode of season 5 wrapped all of the show's remaining plotlines, left nothing unresolved, had everything nice and happy. It works perfectly as a series finale and had it ended there it'd have been praised as an amazingly well done series finale. Then the last 5 episodes randomly introduced a new villian that was "behind the scenes" pulling strings the whole time in a way that made no sense at all, the story was terrible, there were plot holes all over the place, characters behaved completely wrong from how they've been established, and it destroyed everything the rest of the show was about. And ended the series on an unresolved, very negative, cliffhanger that unraveled everything established in the eighth episode. On repeat viewings, I stop watching the show there. The rest of it is amazing. The last five episodes are horrible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I try to block out TFH and FSA from the Zelda series. Unfortunately no matter how hard I hit my head against the wall and however many times the knowledge of their existence never truly goes.

D

Deleted member 81859

ALL OF ****ING NARUTO, the last 100 chps or so

TFH because why is this canon?!, both Sailor Moon anime adaptations (WHY CAN'T THEY JUST FOLLOW THE MANGA), various bits of KH bull****, emo Cloud in everything except Advent Children because in that movie his behavoir had context, other stuff I can't think of.

Edit: L0ve Never Dies, because suuuure Christine totally ****ed her abuser and had a kid w/him

SS, FSA, and ST aren't real
I pretend nothing happened after Saw III
I want to pretend nothing happened after Pokemon B/W
I have completely convinced myself that Hellraiser 3 and 4 didn't happen
PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR NEVER HAPPENED
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts? never heard of it
Man I'm sure glad Texas Chainsaw Massacre stopped at the second one, anything beyond that would have sucked

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
SS, FSA, and ST aren't real
I pretend nothing happened after Saw III
I want to pretend nothing happened after Pokemon B/W
I have completely convinced myself that Hellraiser 3 and 4 didn't happen
PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR NEVER HAPPENED
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts? never heard of it
Man I'm sure glad Texas Chainsaw Massacre stopped at the second one, anything beyond that would have sucked
Actually I'd like SS not to be real as well.
As for Nuts and Bolts. The actual worlds and characters I found were good. I would have much preferred not to have the vehicular based gameplay though.

Battlestar Galactica, pretty much beyond season 2. Season 3 has a few good episodes, like the one with the Chief becoming a union leader, but the whole thing unravels. Also, the prequel trilogy.

**** the Zelda Canon.
tumblr_ncw5k0SPuH1qcivrbo1_r1_500.gif

All of it.

Misty

Ronin
  • Star Wars prequels and newest sequel. You don't get to undermine decades of canon or create Jar Jar Binks and have me think you are stable enough to own your own canon.
  • Serenity: Almost everyone dies is not the way to get a television show, you idiots.
  • Gilmore Girls: The last episode. I do not accept that Rory doesn't agree to become engaged to Logan. It doesn't make sense with her character so much as the theme the writer wanted.
  • True Blood: Everything after Season 4, but especially after seasoon 5.
  • House of Cards: Everything after Season 2.
  • True Detective: Series 2
  • The X-Files: Everything after season 3
  • Lost - Everything after Season 4
  • Arrested Development: Everything after Season 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom