• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Canon so terrible you pretended it never happened

Because I've read 79 star wars novels that take place after episode 6...and let me assure you they're nothing like episode 7. Beyond that, while there isn't anything absolutely wrong with seven, there isn't much right about it either. It's an unimaginative rehash of new hope with too much political correctness and not enough ability to stand on its own merit.

Well the thing.

- EU isn't canon, it's better that way.

- NOTHING will be better than New Hope.

- Even if you could get all the talent, and people involved with New Hope, it won't best it.

- Prequels and 6 are the stinkers of the franchise.

Boom

Misty

Ronin
- EU isn't canon, it's better that way.

It was canon and I disagree that it is better that way. Not that the universe isn't full of holes, but it also was way richer than this new direction.

- NOTHING will be better than New Hope.

It could be. But not with that attitude floating around.

- Even if you could get all the talent, and people involved with New Hope, it won't best it.

Yeah, you could get better than that team.

- Prequels and 6 are the stinkers of the franchise.
Three isn't that bad and six is absolutely above reproach.

It was canon and I disagree that it is better that way. Not that the universe isn't full of holes, but it also was way richer than this new direction.

It could be. But not with that attitude floating around.

Yeah, you could get better than that team.

Three isn't that bad and six is absolutely above reproach.

- The EU had Boba Fett die to the same Sarlak pit 3 times. .-.

- The attitude is well placed when vvv

- Then why hasn't any other film been as good. In your opinion. Because if I recall in 7 we didn't have George Lucas making another Prequels.

- 3: sad story that drags on forever to climax anticlimacticly.
6: Ewoks. I rest my case.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I refuse to believe that Anya died in the season finale of Buffy. It never happened. She and Xander are living happily ever after. Spike also did die, he never came back in a spin-off series. He died in Buffy and that was the end of him.
Uhm.... you almost have to have this view of any finale of anything Whedon does. Best explained by my rant about it in the Series Conclusions thread:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer. The last season was by far its weakest since season one. Its plot was all over the place and a lot didn't make sense. And the finale was just not that great. It had the trademark Joss Whedon pointless main character death that the other main characters barely noticed and didn't seem concerned about. That's not really a spoiler if you are a fan of Whedon shows.
He always does a pointless main character death that the plot absolutely didn't require, that was unexpected, and that the other main characters barely even acknowledge or react to in every single series finale he does. When he has enough time to do a series finale. In Firefly he had to do it in the movie. There's a right way and a wrong way to do a main character death. Which Whedon has shown he is capable of like in the brilliant Buffy episode, The Body. But not in his finales. Those deaths have to be as quick, as meaningless, and as unacknowledged as possible. Every time.

Angel. The last season was obviously trying to go somewhere different, but it couldn't figure itself out and it got canceled. The finale made no sense, was completely in conflict with the rest of the story in the season and ended on an unresolved cliffhanger. Oh, and another trademark Pointless-Main-Character-Death-That-Other-Characters-Merely-Shrug-At by Joss Whedon again like he does in every single series finale he does.

Kind of not really exactly the answer you might be looking for, but I refuse to see Alien 5 because it's ignoring canon story, or is becoming canon and making the previous titles NOT cannon.

Nothing slays me more than them bringing back 3 dead characters. People argue that Alien 3 killing off Newt and Hicks like that was a terrible choice, but personally I thought that it was absolutely brilliant. Movies always try and give people a fitting or meaningful end, but not everyone in real life gets such an ending to their life. Finally a movie that isn't afraid to kill off loved characters, and it's now sh1t all over on by this new movie. At least Game of Thrones gets this right.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
FFX 2.5 and FFX ~Will~

What the **** was that ****

Aku

Prometheus -Said to be set in the Aliens universe. It utterly destroys the alienness of the Aliens by making them connected to humans. And guess what, the Jockeys created humans too! Does EVERYTHING have to be connected to humans to make us care whether or not it does anything? Couldn't the aliens be, ya know, an ALIEN creature that space cooks up somewhere showing that nature can be cruel? Plus it ruins the Jockeys by make them look like ex-spies from a Blue Man group. Couldn't they be the alien elephant-men from the Dark Horse comics? At least that's original.

Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky- Chucky's cool and at his best when he's by himself. He's not cool when he has a girlfriend and makes a kid with her, even though they are both DOLLS. Eewy ew ew.

D

Deleted member 81859

An update to my list: bits and pieces of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Some of it was good, some of it was bad, some of it was attrocious.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
An update to my list: bits and pieces of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Some of it was good, some of it was bad, some of it was attrocious.
Agreed 100%
Cursed Child completely ignored the fidelious charm.
Albus should have never even been able to see Lily's, James, and Harry because of the fidelious charm. Not to mention. How the hell did Albus get Harry's blanket? Like.... Really?

Also. How the hell did everyone not notice that Belatrix was pregnant with Delphi? You would have thought that one of the Malfoy's would have noticed that Belatrix would have gotten quite a bit larger. Plus, I severely doubt Voldemort would have wanted to bang someone as thirsty as Belatrix.

Feverish

Source of stink
I'm ignoring the cursed child for a VERY large variety of reasons, one being that Dumbledore said multiple times that Voldemort couldn't love. If Voldemort couldn't love, why'd he bang Bellatrix and have a kid with her? Maybe he just wanted to continue his lineage, but it would require him to make love with Bellatrix which he's incapable of. Then there's Cedric. He became a murderer because.... He was embarrassed. Really? REALLY?

Dan

I'm surprised I haven't heard a peep about the new Harry Potter book from the media or friends...

I consider the 2016 presidential election some pretty bad writing, what on earth were the creators thinking!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom