• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can Sheik See the Future??

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I was watching a video on YouTube about oot and it was when Link first pulls the Master Sword out of the pedestal. Sheik appears before Link and they meet for the first time. Then Sheik proceeds to tell Link that he will need to find the other Sages. One in a deep forest, one on a high mountain, one under a vast lake, one within the house of the dead, and one inside a goddess of sand. How does Sheik know these Sages will go into the temples for the reasons that they do, before hand?
Because all of the Sages do not all at once go into the temples at the same time..do they?

Chris

It has been awhile...
Actually, I think that they were already in the temples, but I am not sure. I am going to replay OoT to really find out.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
It was... probably destined or something...

She actually never mentioned exactly who each of the sages were, but just that they'd be there in some form.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I don't think she can tell the future. I think she more of spys on, or stalks, link everywhere he goes, and then when Shiek knows it's the right time she reveals herself. Although she is Zelda in disguise, Zelda's magic is not that powerful. Edit: I had to go to bed when I made this post, and there was more I wanted to say, I'll add more on now. Zelda doesn't know the future, I think she has studied the temples and seen which order that link must go in. Maybe Shiek can see the future, but it probably is just something shigeru miyamoto, had thought of. We'll never know, well not neccecarily never...

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Yes I believe Sheik can somehow see the future. Not in the most clear way but like some cloudy pictures of something. Sheik was an important part of OoT and the game would not have been the masterpiece it is without her.

Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Sheik is Zelda, so we can assume Sheik has the capability of using the Triforce as well. Now, Wisdom would allow the bearer to know many things, correct? So it either allows Sheik to see somewhat into the future, or it's something that is already known to her.

Several of the sages were already in the temples. Maybe not all of them, but several. Events were also taking place that would definitely cause the sages to enter the temples.

Also, keep in mind, Sheik was referring to the locations of the temples. He/she could very well have just been assuming the sages would be there.

A

Alexander

The only real reason that Sheik did know all of this, I mean being honest of course, is because Sheik was really Zelda. The whole part about her knowing who all the sages were, well let's think about it. Zelda is basically the "kingpin" when we talk about the sages in OoT, meaning that she would obviously know who is who and where they are to be found.

As far as predicting about Ganondorf...well maybe we could just say that was the powers of the Triforce. Even back then, she still had her part of the Triforce I believe, so the Triforce could have very well been a factor in Zelda's "outrageous" prediction that Ganondorf was after the Triforce and to claim Hyrule for himself.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Well, since we know Sheik is Zelda, and Zelda has been known to have visions of the future, so its very possible based on her visions, she knew where to direct Link.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I like blackice and Axle's points. They make a lot of sense.

Notice how Sheik always seems to be at least two steps ahead of you throughout the game. It's not too far fetched to believe that she has a bit of knowledge and "wisdom" (get it?) about the temples Link needs to traverse and the sages who are there.

Also, notice that:
- Saria has gone to the Forest Temple with Mido (but Mido stays in the Lost Woods)
- Darunia is in the Fire Temple trying to free his brothers
- Ruto is in the Water Temple trying to find a way to help Zora Domain
- You see Nabooru become trapped in the Spirit Temple by Twinrova and she stays there for the seven years until you come back and defeat/free her
- Impa goes back to the Shadow Temple to lock Bongo Bongo back up after it mysteriously escapes

Well if Zelda does have the power to see the future,then it only seems to work when the games creations want it to.
Sheik appears to teach Link songs so he can warp to a Temple's entrance.That is there for gameplay purposes I believe,and not a hidden power that Zelda possess.

You know, Sheik might just know all of this because she actually helped the yet-to-be sages get where they are. Most of them are just trying to help their people (Darunia trying to save the Gorons, Ruto trying to defeat Morpha, Impa trying to keep Bongo Bongo back, and Nabooru looking for the Silver Gauntlets to attack Ganondorf). The on;y exception is Saria; no-one knows how she got into the Forest Temple. I guess Phantom Ganon probably just grabbed her on his way in or something.

Anyways, I know Sheik had to have helped Ruto, as when you meet her that once in the Water Temple, she tells you Sheik saved her from under the ice. Beyond that, well, she probably helped Impa, and might have influenced darunia to do something in the guise of someone else (if she could turn into Sheik, why couldn't she change into say, a goron?). She could also have told Nabooru about the Silver Gauntlets in the first place. All of these plans failed of course, but then Link appeared and set everything straight.

Claire

The Geekette
You have to take into consideration that there is traveling within time.

With this knowledge, I'd assume that she could have already lived these events - and informs Link in the past so then he would understand what he faces in the future. While there is no definite proof that this is what happened, or how it happened, but it did. Perhaps Sheik informed others besides Link, but I do not think this is a bad theory as to how or why Link was informed. While Zelda/Sheik does have the triforce of wisdom, I do not believe this includes divination, but rather good judgment. I do think the ability to travel through time could also count as knowledge, since you'd know the trail of events in the future when you traveled back in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom