• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread C H A O S M A F I A I I I

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
atmey-side(b).gif

How about you give us a reason for voting Pendio, eh? This guilty-until-proven-innocent approach isn't gonna fly here in the "great" state of Illinois.

Also, Pendio provided an explanation as to why his posts looked the way they did up to this point, and I understand where he's coming from considering this is chaos Mafia and D1 has been pretty slow, like you said. funnier6 got after Deku earlier for pointing the finger at Storm (the GM/Secretary) without a solid in-game reason, and that's what it seems like you're doing here. Explain yourself.

Ever heard of pressure voting? I'm voting him to get things going and get something outta him. I chose him at random.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Stormageden: RVS is over
Also Stormageden: Lets pressure vote Pen. I chose him randomly

VOTE: Stormageden747

Reactions: Pen

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Stormageden: RVS is over
Also Stormageden: Lets pressure vote Pen. I chose him randomly

VOTE: Stormageden747

RVS is for a random non-pressure voting stage. I needed to get things going, so I voted him to do that. In X-Men Maifa funnier did the same thing to Deku. That's where I got the idea, and in the end of that I got lynched. So I was hoping to find scum.

Libk

Pressure votes still shouldn'r be random. There should be some method behind the choice. Otherwise the pressure vote really has no meaning.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
It has a meaning, it's meant to put pressure on someone. I wanted to get things going, so I voted him. Once again in X-Men Mafia funnier did the same thing to Deku. He didn't have any motives.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Ever heard of pressure voting? I'm voting him to get things going and get something outta him. I chose him at random.
Pressure voting only works if you manage to convince people to join in on it. For example:

Unvote
Vote: Stormageden747

funnier6 tried to start a wagon on Deku today, and I tried to start a counterwagon on funnier6. Both of us had reason for our wagons, but no one seemed to take the bait since the targets didn't look too scummy and had good explanations. However, you are picking people at random just to see what they'll say. You say you wanted to get things going and apply pressure, so why not just join in on either my or funnier6's wagon? Even if you're trying to start your own wagon, you should have more reason to do it than "random.org likes this guy."

Libk

EBWOP: I also don't really care if someone else did it. " I'm going to randomly vote someone as a pressure vote" reads " idc who dies" to me. A vote can have reason behind it to apply pressure. Even if that reasoning is "Pen isnt posting much and I'd like to see more. I'l Pressure vote him." But a vote with no substance behind it does absolutely nothing to "Apply pressure"

funnier6

Courage~
It has a meaning, it's meant to put pressure on someone. I wanted to get things going, so I voted him. Once again in X-Men Mafia funnier did the same thing to Deku. He didn't have any motives.
Maybe it’s just because this is based off of something I did but this doesn’t seem like bad reasoning to me. :right: Also I chose Deku because paranoia in X-men.
I wasn't in X-Men mafia and still wouldn' have agreed with a serious random vote.
I do like that it’s something he did on his own and really wasn’t called for unless he was trying to direct attention away from the other wagons.
Pressure voting only works if you manage to convince people to join in on it. For example:

Unvote
Vote: Stormageden747

funnier6 tried to start a wagon on Deku today, and I tried to start a counterwagon on funnier6. Both of us had reason for our wagons, but no one seemed to take the bait since the targets didn't look too scummy and had good explanations. However, you are picking people at random just to see what they'll say. You say you wanted to get things going and apply pressure, so why not just join in on either my or funnier6's wagon? Even if you're trying to start your own wagon, you should have more reason to do it than "random.org likes this guy."
You say that Ryu but it’s really much easier as scum to join an existing wagon (hello his behavior last game) than to start a new one with no provocation whatever so unless he’s completely reversed his behavior for sake of not seening the same which I find unlikely so unless he was worried about one of the existing wagons it makes no sense for him to do that as scum.
Damnit this is really backfiring. If you don't lynch me today maybe I could find the buck tonight. Who knows.
Um... idk if soft claiming is allowed @Storm so maybe keep quiet.

Pen

The game is on!
Vote: Pendio

Give me a reason why you are good and I won't get you lynched. :cool:

How can anyone give a reason why they are good at this stage of the game? Sure, I could say that I'm innocent and only want what's best for the Town, but what reason would you have to trust such a statement? None of us can prove our innocense right now, so I do find your request rather peculiar. However, that doesn't make me suspicious of you - not especially anyway - since I'm aware that you're still fairly new to Mafia and you're still learning. If your vote on me is serious, I'd very much like a more solid reason for it.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
How can anyone give a reason why they are good at this stage of the game? Sure, I could say that I'm innocent and only want what's best for the Town, but what reason would you have to trust such a statement? None of us can prove our innocense right now, so I do find your request rather peculiar. However, that doesn't make me suspicious of you - not especially anyway - since I'm aware that you're still fairly new to Mafia and you're still learning. If your vote on me is serious, I'd very much like a more solid reason for it.

Eh, good enough for me. I just wanted to Start conversation. So you are not cleared. So let's scum hunt.

UNVOTE

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
VOTE COUNT
Pendio-1( Karu)
Deku-1( Funnier6)
Lonk-1 ( Keiko)
Extension-1(Dom)
Dom-1 (Pendio)
Keiko-1 (Doc)
Alfie-2( Lonk, Ryu)
Storm-1(Deku)