• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Byrne's Arm

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Did you notice that, during the cutscene before the final battle, Byrne's metal arm is gone? And then, when he saves Zelda, It's back? What do you make of that?

Diablo

King of Redeads
It was probably just a glitch in the game. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Aelic is right. In the train his metallic arm is gone but when he saves Zelda by enable her to return to her own body his metallic arm is back. Maybe it was just removed temporarely to heal his real arm below it?

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is either an oversight of the developers or an intentional removal. The Arm was probably removed so that Byrne could recover from the massive blow he endured during the confrontation with Cole and Malladus posessed Zelda. The Arm was probably at his feet while he was on the train.

~For those who have not noticed this, here is a video. Pause at the beginning and you will see Byrne with both regular arms~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTYJ8QjK9M

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Oh wow, I hadn't spotted this! Gosh, I'm blind at times.

Hmm... I thought it was actually a part of him... but I guess that just means it kind of fits over his arm? I suppose that makes it like a majory-overpowered-clawshot-of-sorts. Cool. And considering he fashioned the Compass of Light, I'm guessing he had a hand in making it too (excuse the pun XD).
But yeah, I'm with Ark and Bige- they probably took it off while he was healing, the way you'd take someone's armor and helmet off after they'd been injured in battle.

Nintendo might have forgotten or maybe it is not a part of him. I always thought it was part of him, but maybe not. Anyways Cool post I never noticed this before :)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It's probably an intentional removal. After all, the developers would actually have to program in the graphics for two normal arms. If the metal arm was meant to be permanently connected or an actual part of him, then there shouldn't be data for two normal arms at all in the game. I'd imagine that arm is just a device Byrne crafted for himself or obtained in order to increase his strength, since he's always going on about wanting to be as powerful as the spirits. So like people have already said, it was probably taken off for him to heal better.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Wow._. Just wow. I can not believe I've never noticed that before. I half expected it was able to come off, but I wasn't sure. I'm glad. Something about cyborgs in Zelda doesn't sit right with me, so I'm glad it was just a gauntlet thing. The other locomos can come out of their "wheelchairs", so it makes sense that the gauntlet wasn't part of him either.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I've never seen that, I can't believe it. I don't know what it was. My vote goes to a screw up by Nintendo. It couldn't have been intentional, because that's part of him.... isn't it?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
It could also be kind of a respect thing. Byrne had the arm to make himself more powerful, and, by taking it off, he was admitting that he had given up on his quest for power.

Beeker

Wild Card
Wow, another thing I never noticed in a Zelda game! I really should pay attention to detail.
I'm gonna go with Xinn, Ark and NorthApple, and say that the arm was taken off in the way armor is taken off when a soldier is injured in battle, to heal his injured arm. I think that idea makes the most sense.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I've noticed that before. Maybe Byrne decided that since he wasn't fighting, he would just take it off. He might have also taken it off to heal his arm underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom