• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Breath of the Wild Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Scum:

Sadia
kokirion/ALiT (one is scum, leaning koki)
??? (have an idea, but not worth saying until one of the above flips)

Sadia is either scum wasting time, or mafia.

If Sadia flips scum, it's bad news for koki since he stalled for her until she posted, and he even hyped her up as skilled and not wanting her out. Others seem sure it's ALiT but I dont see it.

I think I know who might be a possible third trying to blend in with the lighting rod confirming crew. But I have nothing on them yet besides a guess.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Scum:

Sadia
kokirion/ALiT (one is scum, leaning koki)
??? (have an idea, but not worth saying until one of the above flips)

Sadia is either scum wasting time, or mafia.

If Sadia flips scum, it's bad news for koki since he stalled for her until she posted, and he even hyped her up as skilled and not wanting her out. Others seem sure it's ALiT but I dont see it.

I think I know who might be a possible third trying to blend in with the lighting rod confirming crew. But I have nothing on them yet besides a guess.
It could very easily be an honest attempt at trying to hear someone out to avoid a mislynch.

However, this is probably not the case and since that is decent evidence, we should focus our efforts there if the flip is scum

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Since you seem to know him well, could you give a little more details about what his town and scum games are like?

I don't remember Koko ever being town lmao, except for a game we played in together with a small group of friends..... In that game he was the first one to bring up serious discussion on Day 1, had lots of very very long analysis townie posts, and did not seem to mind making bold moves such as going after people and accusing his accusers. Eventually he got lynched because we thought he was scum, or rather expected him to have some ultra-complicated plot up his sleeves. He's hard to read as town.

Scum koko is manipulative, big on bluffing and again hard to read. I went down a very deep rabbit hole of old mafia games and found Lineages mafia. He consistently FoSd his scumbud there so if he's scum in this game it's likely he's doing the same. He also bandwagoned on every town lynch it seems.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
@Kirino since you've said that you now think AliT and Koko might both be town, after me, who would you be suspicious of?

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
A Link In Time - 3 (Rubik, funnier6, kokirion)
Sadia - 4 (Minish_Link, Kirino, Flora, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
kokirion - 1 (A Link In Time)
PancakeSamurai - 1 (All Might)
Rubik - 1 (Sadia)

Not voting - PancakeSamurai, YIGAhim

With 12 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, July 29th 2018 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180731T19&p0=43&msg=End+of+Day+2&font=slab&csz=1

Post count (players not mentioned have already made the required 3 posts):
@PancakeSamurai - 0

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I disagree with almost the entirety of kokirions argument that you’re scum though, particularly the sloppy with details bit, since if anything mafia would be hyper aware of details and be extra careful not to be sloppy unless they were being sloppy to look like derp town.

Yeah, I agree with this and it's partially why I'm town reading ALIT. Him getting so many facts about what's happened wrong is kinda concerning, but that's not something I think scum ALIT would do. I feel like he's way more calculated as scum, and in this game he's been very vocal and a bit reckless with his posts. Which is a lot easier for town to do, as you're a bit less concerned with making yourself look good and more concerned with trying to find scum.

Redundantly saying what I said to Kirino, but while I did debate to vote Tristan for information, I voted All Might because he was scummy to me at the time. And there was no suspicion on me at the time, so idk where I'd be moving it towards?

I didn't mean suspicion on you at the time, but setting the the next day to push those you said you'd be suspicious of so that you could take focus away from yourself. It would be easy for scum to be on the opposing wagon that wasn't the lynchee, then say that they were gonna focus on those who lynched the townie the next day in hopes that others would follow and not look into them yet.

I said throughout the day that if I were to vote, it'd be All Might and consistently posted my suspicions on him. So no, I wasn't playing both sides at all.

You did question All Might about the rvs stuff, but you said yourself that you said throughout the day if you were to vote it'd be All Might. You had a clear suspicion but never voted them until near eod, which feels like it could have been holding back until you knew where the other votes were going so that you could make the 'right' decision. If you had actually voted All Might earlier, when you were consistently saying you were suspicious of him then I would buy this excuse a little more. But instead you waited until close to eod, and even made a post before that concerning Tristan, All Might, and ALIT. In that post you stated why you thought Tristan wasn't scum, then also said he could be suspicious because of his lack of scum hunting and voting while saying that his lynch could give us info. Then you said you were suspicious of All Might for trying to sway suspicion towards Tristan, but then were wary of voting him because of Flora's vote on him for no reason. Plus you threw ALIT's name in there as well, having posted a bit of suspicion about him earlier, but said you wanted to see more from him.

So yeah, that sounds like playing both sides to me. Especially the fact that you said you could see Tristan being suspicious for his lack of scum hunting and voting (which you yourself hadn't voted at the time either), AND said that his lynch could give us info. But then you went on to say you'd be suspicious of everyone on his wagon if he flipped town. It's a bit hypocritical to me. I understand looking into a wagon of a flipped townie because like you said 5 out of 13 people were on his lynch. But saying that anyone on the wagon is immediately suspicious isn't good. It's better to actually look at the wagon and analyze who's votes look like they could be scummy due to timing (potentially breaking a tie, keeping rvs vote on, etc), and who's actually had scummy behavior, rather than saying anyone's suspicious just for having voted a townie.

The current information allows for the possibility that Kokirion and ALIT are both town, which I'm increasingly thinking may be the case. I think Kokirion makes a strong case both for his own innocence and for ALIT's guilt, and ALIT's posts have made me increasingly suspicious of him as well, but I can't get over the fact that he revealed such an easily countered role without prodding, and that nobody has countered him yet; every time I begin to suspect that ALIT may be scum, this fact always makes me doubt myself.

I suppose it's possible that the scum have been provided with fakeclaims (and someone let me know if this is something that Pendio has ever done before) and that ALIT would have therefore known that he wouldn't be countered, but roleblocker is a pretty likely townie role in a role madness game, so even in that case, I doubt it.

Your thoughts about ALIT are basically where I'm at. I don't think he's made himself look good at all with some of his posts, but his soft claim and the fact that I think he's a good enough scum player to know how to not make himself look this bad make me doubt that he's actually scum. Also, like funnier said, I've never seen Pendio provide fakeclaims. I've actually never seen anyone do that since I've been playing here.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yeah, I agree with this and it's partially why I'm town reading ALIT. Him getting so many facts about what's happened wrong is kinda concerning, but that's not something I think scum ALIT would do. I feel like he's way more calculated as scum, and in this game he's been very vocal and a bit reckless with his posts. Which is a lot easier for town to do, as you're a bit less concerned with making yourself look good and more concerned with trying to find scum.

I didn't mean suspicion on you at the time, but setting the the next day to push those you said you'd be suspicious of so that you could take focus away from yourself. It would be easy for scum to be on the opposing wagon that wasn't the lynchee, then say that they were gonna focus on those who lynched the townie the next day in hopes that others would follow and not look into them yet.

You did question All Might about the rvs stuff, but you said yourself that you said throughout the day if you were to vote it'd be All Might. You had a clear suspicion but never voted them until near eod, which feels like it could have been holding back until you knew where the other votes were going so that you could make the 'right' decision. If you had actually voted All Might earlier, when you were consistently saying you were suspicious of him then I would buy this excuse a little more. But instead you waited until close to eod, and even made a post before that concerning Tristan, All Might, and ALIT. In that post you stated why you thought Tristan wasn't scum, then also said he could be suspicious because of his lack of scum hunting and voting while saying that his lynch could give us info. Then you said you were suspicious of All Might for trying to sway suspicion towards Tristan, but then were wary of voting him because of Flora's vote on him for no reason. Plus you threw ALIT's name in there as well, having posted a bit of suspicion about him earlier, but said you wanted to see more from him.

So yeah, that sounds like playing both sides to me. Especially the fact that you said you could see Tristan being suspicious for his lack of scum hunting and voting (which you yourself hadn't voted at the time either), AND said that his lynch could give us info. But then you went on to say you'd be suspicious of everyone on his wagon if he flipped town. It's a bit hypocritical to me. I understand looking into a wagon of a flipped townie because like you said 5 out of 13 people were on his lynch. But saying that anyone on the wagon is immediately suspicious isn't good. It's better to actually look at the wagon and analyze who's votes look like they could be scummy due to timing (potentially breaking a tie, keeping rvs vote on, etc), and who's actually had scummy behavior, rather than saying anyone's suspicious just for having voted a townie.

Your thoughts about ALIT are basically where I'm at. I don't think he's made himself look good at all with some of his posts, but his soft claim and the fact that I think he's a good enough scum player to know how to not make himself look this bad make me doubt that he's actually scum. Also, like funnier said, I've never seen Pendio provide fakeclaims. I've actually never seen anyone do that since I've been playing here.
Thinking often extends deep and people do scummy stuff, even if it is out of their normal playstyle, just to mess with you. Counting on them being a good enough player not to be scummy is a mistake (While something to think about), but in the end, players can have an unusual or bad game, and make mistakes, or like I said, can intentionally go against the grain

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Thinking often extends deep and people do scummy stuff, even if it is out of their normal playstyle, just to mess with you. Counting on them being a good enough player not to be scummy is a mistake (While something to think about), but in the end, players can have an unusual or bad game, and make mistakes, or like I said, can intentionally go against the grain

Yeah, people can try and switch up their playstyles to go undetected. However, if you're changing up your style it's going to be something more like going from typically lurking to being really active. Not going from normally cautious, to making so many mistakes about the state of the game. Mainly because the first can be NAI, whereas the second makes you come across as scummy.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I feel confident in my kokirion vote. This will be my last post for the day, and since, it seems koki won't be lynched today, I think SMS should investigate him so people have their doubts put away. I'm finishing up last minute packing and then heading off on my flight to California tomorrow so if I live to Day 3 and beyond, I will be much less present.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Telling PRs who to target can be dangerous. If you and koki are scum together (and you're attacking each other to hedge your bets) and koki is the godfather, you'll have produced fake town pants for them.

Kirino

Tatakae
@Kirino since you've said that you now think AliT and Koko might both be town, after me, who would you be suspicious of?

If I take away my town reads and you three, then that leaves the following members:

Rubik
Minish_Link
PancakeSamurai
YIGAhim

I don't currently have a strong read on anyone on this list, so I'd have to look at their posts more carefully.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
So if players are active in the forums but not in the game, should that be identified as scum lurking or just not caring about the game? I'm talking about Pancake, this is getting a tad irritating.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
So if players are active in the forums but not in the game, should that be identified as scum lurking or just not caring about the game? I'm talking about Pancake, this is getting a tad irritating.

Or do we ignore that and just sit here? Just checking what we do in case of something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom