• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Breath of the Wild Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
During the night there was a nasty thunderstorm so everyone is Kakariko Village made sure to bring all of their metallic object indoors. Other than that there were some shadows sneaking around, but in the morning when everyone gathered outside they were happy to see that no one had died during the night.

The living (12):
@PancakeSamurai
@A Link In Time
@Sadia
@funnier6
@YIGAhim
@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Kirino
@All Might
@Flora
@Rubik
@Minish_Link
@kokirion

The dead (1):
Tristan - Daruk, the Bodyguard (lynched day 1)

Day 2 Begins!

With 12 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, July 29th 2018 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180729T19&p0=43&msg=End+of+Day+2&font=slab&csz=1

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Quite the shocking night, how fortunate that we didn't lose another member of the town. With that being said however...

Vote: All Might

I believe I'll take up my stance from the previous day with a more determined state of mind.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I think it is safe to assume we have a doctor and that they guessed correctly.
\
I doubt the mafia would not go for a NK, and the flavor makes it seem like they tried to go for a kill.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
However, the mafia may know that there is a doctor, and decided to not NK to make it seem like the doctor saved someone, therefore eliminating that person as a threat while they are in fact mafia, and all of this was planned beuase one of the mafia has an ability to see whom someone targeted

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Neat.

However, the mafia may know that there is a doctor, and decided to not NK to make it seem like the doctor saved someone, therefore eliminating that person as a threat while they are in fact mafia, and all of this was planned beuase one of the mafia has an ability to see whom someone targeted

The simplest answer is usually the most likely one.

It's unlikely mafia would have a way to benefit from not NKing anyone.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Neat.

It's unlikely mafia would have a way to benefit from not NKing anyone.
I agree the simplest way is the most likely, but I am asking us to beware that we can't jump to the very first conclusion. Mafia benefits in the way I stated, but it is unlikely

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Mafia could not realistically know who the PR is targeting until after they've already selected their targets. If the doctor chose their target 10 minutes before the end of the 24 hour night phase, that wouldn't give mafia enough time to decide to do a no kill, realistically.

The odds are that not NKing would be more likely to accidentally clear a townie than accidentally clear a scum player. Those kinds of gambits only really happen late game, not N1.

If this were a game with a multi-phase night phase, that'd be one thing, but that's not the case.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
\
I doubt the mafia would not go for a NK, and the flavor makes it seem like they tried to go for a kill.

That's a possibility. I personally think that the emphasis on "shadows" and "everyone in kakariko village" hints the flavor towards multiple people being blocked. A nasty storm could cause many people, or sometimes even an entire town to take shelter in reality, but it is just flavor after all.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Quite the shocking night, how fortunate that we didn't lose another member of the town. With that being said however...

Vote: All Might

I believe I'll take up my stance from the previous day with a more determined state of mind.

Can you elaborate? Your gut instinct is fine on Day 1, but can you say why you find All Might suspicious specifically? I still find have my concerns about him as well, but I want to hear your reasoning.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Vote: kirino

I want to start here for today. All of his posts are relatively low on content. He makes a case for people voting for Tristan early on because of wanting some fun with their votes, and he says that it's not because Tristan was a safe lynch as he claimed on Day 1. But beyond that, there isn't really much else there.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
@YIGAhim
@Rubik

I'd like to know where the two of you stand right now.

YIGA, did anyone catch your eye with their voting yesterday?

Rubik, do you still find me scummy? What are your other reads?
I feel like everyone turned to tristan quickly, but dismissed it because we all knew we just wanted the show on the road and there was enough discussion done

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It just came to my attention that maybe the mafia didn't NK because they knew we weren't at all close in our votes from day 1, and they just wanted to info starve us as we chase false leads...

funnier6

Courage~
During the night there was a nasty thunderstorm so everyone is Kakariko Village made sure to bring all of their metallic object indoors. Other than that there were some shadows sneaking around, but in the morning when everyone gathered outside they were happy to see that no one had died during the night.
This to me heavily conveys that there was a lightning rod. To me it is very unlikely that both the mafia and a probable SKs kills would both go awry and this flavor seems to give the reason why. If you happen to know that your action definitely went through and that this theory isn’t true it’d be helpful if you could subtly mention it.
Isn’t a doctor pretty unlikely since we know there was a bodyguard? Though it seems there must be a protective role around if lightning rod theory is correct.

Also you never answered when I asked what exactly was so unusual about my behavior yesterday?
What do you think about my answer? Matter of fact what are your thoughts on anything?
It had to be a Doctor, not sure if a roleblock would really work to prevent a Mafia faction kill?
I’ve yet to come across a roleblocker that could not block the mafia kill so it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s a possibility.

I’m wanting to know what exactly you found suspicious about all might yesterday since he was the only person you found suspicious but the only reason I saw you give was that he was stirring things up about RVS votes. Considering he got discussion started and drew loads of attention to himself I don’t understand how you could possibly seen that mafia behavior. Aside from he was getting all hung up over word choice for nothing but that’s very typical of him. I’m also wanting to know how you feel about Sadia and if you’re going to vote all might again.

Vote: SMS

Your only meaningful post yesterday was mentioning you were suspicious of all might and then not even voting him until I said something which gives me the impression you were trying to be present without being present and only had a suspicion because you felt pressured to have one while trying to avoid being associated with the Mez wagon.
Vote: kirino

I want to start here for today. All of his posts are relatively low on content. He makes a case for people voting for Tristan early on because of wanting some fun with their votes, and he says that it's not because Tristan was a safe lynch as he claimed on Day 1. But beyond that, there isn't really much else there.
Could you quote exactly what bothers you about his posts? I didn’t notice anything particularly unusual.

I’m positive I had more thoughts but I’ve already forgotten them. In case you guys didn’t know, I’ve got a “job” thing now so I can’t be quite as omnipresent as I usually am. Especially for most of tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom