• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 'Game Theory' Timeline Theory

Well, the video wasn't obviously and demonstrably wrong, so that's a plus... but no one ever brushes on my view on these timeline theories anyway.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Game Theory is so resounding wrong in anything they post in zelda it'd have to be a miracle for them to be remotely right
A agree only two of their Zelda videos have made any sense, this being one of them. And even here they said some things that were stupid, for example when they were talking about Hyrules' Geography they showed a map of Termina along with maps of Hyrule.o_O:gno:

A agree only two of their Zelda videos have made any sense, this being one of them. And even here they said some things that were stupid, for example when they were talking about Hyrules' Geography they showed a map of Termina along with maps of Hyrule.o_O:gno:
In your opinion, which is the other video that made sense?

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
In your opinion, which is the other video that made sense?
The other video I was talking about when I wrote that comment was this one about which Link is the strongest, there may be things to disagree with in the video but I agreed with Mat Pat's conclusion and he made some interesting arguments.

As I was reviewing the previous video I came across their video about how real physics would make the hook-shot too dangerous to use. So that makes three game theory Zelda videos that I think made sense.

The other video I was talking about when I wrote that comment was this one about which Link is the strongest, there may be things to disagree with in the video but I agreed with Mat Pat's conclusion and he made some interesting arguments.

As I was reviewing the previous video I came across their video about how real physics would make the hook-shot too dangerous to use. So that makes three game theory Zelda videos that I think made sense.

Yeah, about the hookshot. I'm no math wiz, so maybe he already figured this into his equation, but he may have made an error. He figures the weight of the hook and chain, and how much force it takes to launch that much weight that far, but if you think about it, with each link there should be a diminishing need because not every link has to travel the full distance. The last ones barely have to leave the barrel. So that might throw the math off quite a bit.

The one thing that bugs me about all timeline theories: why is Ocarina the only one that has an "Downfall" offshoot? Technically, every single game should have a branch where Link is killed.

Reactions: Pen

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
why is Ocarina the only one that has an "Downfall" offshoot? Technically, every single game should have a branch where Link is killed.
There could be infinite timelines for every action Link does or does not take. one where he fails as a knight in SS, or one where The Hero of Time never has a kid and maybe TP Link as we know him wouldn't exist as a result. There's a timeline for everything, it's just these three are the the main focus for one reason or another.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
There could be infinite timelines for every action Link does or does not take. one where he fails as a knight in SS, or one where The Hero of Time never has a kid and maybe TP Link as we know him wouldn't exist as a result. There's a timeline for everything, it's just these three are the the main focus for one reason or another.
That is probably the best answer.
Another possibility, although this is purely speculative is that maybe all of link's travailing through time during the events of the game cause the time-space to be unstable allowing for other timeline splits to occur during OoT, a la Link being killed by Ganon. This is of course, besides the obvious split created directly by Link being sent back to his childhood.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly i'd say the best point for a Downfall offshoot would be Wind Waker, if ganondorf succeeds in gaining the full power of the triforce and wishing for the oceans to clear from hyrule it'd go a long way to explain the topography of BOTW hyrule as well as why no physical manifestion of the triforce is seen, only a spiritual manifestation Or why the master sword no longer functions as it once did (being an evil slayer ALL the time, whereas it needs recharging now)

Heck even the forests we see all over hyrule in BOTW could've been planted by koroks in WW and finally spread, this could include the Deku Tree dying and his sprout being replanted somewhere safer.

Also, it's important to note that in Breath of the Wild, Ganon does not have the Triforce of Power. I say this with confidence because as has been shown time and again, the pieces "resonate" with each other when they or their bearers come within close proximity, and we never see any sort of reaction. That's always been a sticking point, right? I mean if he takes it from Link by killing him in OoT then why doesn't he have it later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom