• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 'Game Theory' Timeline Theory

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Also, it's important to note that in Breath of the Wild, Ganon does not have the Triforce of Power. I say this with confidence because as has been shown time and again, the pieces "resonate" with each other when they or their bearers come within close proximity, and we never see any sort of reaction. That's always been a sticking point, right? I mean if he takes it from Link by killing him in OoT then why doesn't he have it later?
But if BotW is at the end of the downfall time line then it doesn't matter weather or not he got the Triforce at the end of OoT but whether or not he had it at the end of the next latest game in the time line. So the question becomes "Did Ganon have the Triforce at the end of AoL?".

But if BotW is at the end of the downfall time line then it doesn't matter weather or not he got the Triforce at the end of OoT but whether or not he had it at the end of the next latest game in the time line. So the question becomes "Did Ganon have the Triforce at the end of AoL?".
But he has to have had all three pieces to become ganon, right? Even if he loses them later, he needed them at some point. But in LoZ he doesn't have any of it, because Power was broken and hidden from him. He also doesn't have it in AoL because he's not even alive, and also it's a direct sequel to the first game.

I agree that BotW is at the end of the DT, but he ignored some strong evidence(Ruto and Nabooru being remembered as sages, Aonuma mentioning that BotW takes place in a timeline that has seen many battles with Ganon, Hyrule being in decline again, the only timeline with evidence of re emergence of Hylia worship (as possibly seen in the Goddess Statue in AoL, etc). Atleast he went a bit into Ganon's state, and I do think the evidence he used is mostly valid, albeit minor. It's alot better than usual for Game Theory atleast, although there's still alot of room for improvement.

But he has to have had all three pieces to become ganon, right? Even if he loses them later, he needed them at some point. But in LoZ he doesn't have any of it, because Power was broken and hidden from him. He also doesn't have it in AoL because he's not even alive, and also it's a direct sequel to the first game.
He doesn't need all three pieces of the Triforce to become Ganon... this has been shown all the way back in OoT where he became Ganon using only the Triforce of Power during the final fight... and he's been in possession of the ToP at some point in all three timelines.

As for the timeline theory... the fact that he just dismisses evidence that contradicts his theory is where it loses it's credibility, as you can basically do this when arguing any of the three timelines in order to make them seem better than they are.
As it is, all three are deadlocked with evidence both for and against them, so it's futile to attempt to argue in favour of any of them until we get any additional evidence that explains away the current contradictions.
Until then, the only theory that holds up without any contradictions is that of a potential fourth timeline... this is currently the only way that all of the references found within BotW can coexist.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

What? Ganondorf has only ever required the Triforce of Power to turn into Ganon. in ALTTP he had all three parts but you can see that as him gaining all parts and the sacred realm after slaying link in Beast mode. Ditto in TP.

Hell ALBW actually shows us that Ganondorf is able to become Ganon with only the Triforce of Power in his possession.

Also the Triforce of Power historically speaking hasn't ever been fragmented like wisdom and Courage.

I do think that the next logical Downfall point would be Adventure of Link because it's shown if link dies Ganon's reborn.

Which is why i pointed out that technically any game can have a "Link Fails" offshoot.
It doesn't need to be a "Link falls" offshoot... the split doesn't even need to occur within a game.
I'm personally in favour of a pre-Great Flood timeline split, with Wind Waker already being the "Link falls" outcome, placing BotW in the "Link wins" offshoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom