• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Book and Movie Quotes.

Dr. Loomis (Halloween 1978): " I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... "six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil."

T.E Lawrence (Seven Pillars of Wisdom): "All men dream but not equally, those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. This I did."

Chief Brody (Jaws): "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Just don't freeze when you see her."
"What are you talking about? I never freeze." - Okoye and T'Challa from Black Panther

"Did he freeze?"
"Like an antelope in headlights." - Shuri and Okoye

Shawshank Redemption (movie)

Red:
Sometimes it makes me sad, though... Andy being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Done properly, parenting is a heroic act... done properly!" Edna Mode - The Incredibles 2

"Combustion imminent! What does that mean?"
"It means fire, Robert." - Edna and Robert

My Blueberry Nights

Jeremy:
A few years ago, I had a dream. It began in the summer and was over by the following spring. In between, there were as many unhappy nights as there were happy days. Most of them took place in this café. And then one night, a door slammed and the dream was over

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"You can do it, You can do anything. You're the world's greatest grandma." (to Scott) - Cassie from The Antman and the Wasp.

Sonny Burch: "Okay, hold on, hold on. I like a good story as much as the next person, but what in the hell does this have to do with where Scott Lang is?"
Luis: "I'm getting there. I'm getting there."
Dave: "You put a dime in him, and you gotta let the whole song play out."
Kurt: "He like human jukebox."
Luis: "Oh, my abuelita had a jukebox in the restaurant! Yeah, only played Morrissey. And if anybody ever complained, she'd be like "Oh, ¿no te gusta Moz". You know, Chicanos we call him "Moz". "Then, ¡adiós!". What can I say? You know, we relate to this melancholy ballads. You know?"

Miracle On 34th Street

Kris Kringle:
I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Nervous flyer?"
"Would you ride a thousand pound horse with big wheels on the sides?"
"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with a pack of raptors."
"We're not compatible." - Owen and Franklin from Jurassic World 2

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
"Uh, Mr. Scamander?"
"Oh, call me Newt."
"Newt. I don't think I'm dreaming."
"What gave it away?"
"I ain't got the brains to make this up." - Jacob and Newt from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

"I need to get going. Find everyone who's escaped, before they get hurt."
"Before they get hurt?"
"Yes, Mr. Kowalski. For they're currently in alien terrain surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet... Humans." - Newt and Jacob

Hank: "So are you Chinese or Japanese?"
Khan: "I live in California last twenty years, but, ah...First come from Laos."
Hank: "Huh?"
Khan: "Laos, we Laotian."
Bill: "The ocean? What ocean?"
Khan: "We are Laotian - from Laos, stupid! It's a landlocked country in southeast Asia. It's between Vietnam and Thailand, okay? Population 4.7 million."
Hank: "So are you Chinese or Japanese?"

from King of the hill, season 1 episode 7

Don Draper: Well, technology is a glittering lure. But there's the rare occasion when the public can be engaged on a level beyond flash, if they have a sentimental bond with the product. My first job, I was in-house at a fur company, with this old pro copywriter. Greek, named Teddy. And Teddy told me the most important idea in advertising is "new". Creates an itch. You simply put your product in there as a kind of... calamine lotion. But he also talked about a deeper bond with the product: nostalgia. It's delicate... but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means, "the pain from an old wound". It's a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship. It's a time machine. It goes backwards, forwards. It takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the Wheel. It's called a Carousel. It lets us travel the way a child travels. Around and around, and back home again... to a place where we know we are loved.

Mad Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom