• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Zelda Sidekick?

Best Zelda Companion?

• Navi - Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatll - Majora's Mask

• Dimitri the Dodongo - Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• Ricky the Kangaroo - Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• Moosh the Bear - Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• King of Red Lions - Wind Waker

• Ezlo - Minish Cap

• Ciela - Phantom Hourglass

• Linebeck - Phantom Hourglass

• Midna - Twilight Princess

• Zelda - Spirit Tracks

• Fi - Skyward Sword

• Crimson Loftwing - Skyward Sword

• Epona - Many

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fi is THE BEST sidekick the series has. She is always at the ready with necessary and relevant information. She can be stowed away and called at any time. She is mapped to a button that is not used for any other function. And she is a freaking robot fairy. A ROBOT FAIRY! How cool is that? Sure, we may have had a regular fairy (OoT, MM among others) and even a ghost girl (Spirit Tracks), but I think a robot fairy just beats them all. :fi:

MW7

Linebeck by himself made Phantom Hourglass worth playing besides the fact that it's a solid game. Ezlo made me laugh as well, but Linebeck was on a whole different level. IMO he added a ton of value to the game.

Big Octo

=^)
Definitely Zelda from Spirit Tracks. Not only did I not find to be irritating or bothersome, but she was also helpful beyond simply giving information. I'm referring to, of course, her ability to possess Phantoms in the Tower of Spirits. I found this to be an interesting concept that was well implemented in this case. Truth be told, it was one of the things that got me to buy the game. Not only do I have the ability to control a Phantom, a powerful enemy that gave me a hard time in Phantom Hourglass, but I get to do so as Zelda, who is accompanying Link in his adventure. Although Zelda has expanded outside the trope of Damsel in Distress in previous titles, I feel that this one deviates from the norm the most in a good way.

I'd be happy to see concepts like this in future games. The companion doesn't necessarily have to be Zelda, and his/her ability doesn't have to be possessing Phantoms, but something along those lines that expands upon how it was done in Spirit Tracks would more than likely be a selling feature of a new Zelda title.

Midna! I really like her development through the game. Her ability to warp giant objects is also quite impressive! :midna:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Tatl from Majora's Mask. She was really the only companion that developed as the story progressed. At first she was annoying little jerk that you felt no sympathy for, but then she apologizes and the friendship between her and Link starts to grow. She was the only companion that I grew an attachment to because how she developed as a character as the story progressed. I know she didn't do much for the gameplay. She was like Navi because she gave hints on how to defeat enemies. Her and Navi were like an in-game manual. The only difference that I see between Tatl and other companions from games I've played is that Tatl was an important part of the story. The other companions were just there. Minda didn't even contribute a lot to the story. You could take Midna out of Twilight Princess and I don't think much would change, but if Tatl wasn't in Majora's Mask the story would be completely different. Tatl just felt more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom