• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Best Zelda Endings

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
What was your favorite zelda ending and why was it a good ending

mine was majoras mask for some unknown reason I think as a 7 year old I thought it was happy or something I don't know :mellow:

but what was yours :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Majora's Mask's, Twilight Princess' and Ocarina of Time's endings were the best i my opinion. For me, they just spoke "a new beginning", as if things weren't yet finished. I love that, really, and the supporting characters lying around in each installment? They only lent themselves to the endings. Keep those kinda endings coming, Nintendo! :yes:

octorok74

TETTAC
My favorite was OoT. I really liked the party at Lon Lon Ranch and how the Sages watched over them. And it was nice to see King Zora get out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Either Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword.

For MM, the ending was amazing. I love how the ending credits showed that everyone Link helped was at peace and resuming their normal lives. For example, it showed Anju and Kafe's wedding, as well as Romani showing her sister how well she can use a bow. I also love how Romani whips her hair back after that. xD That was priceless. After the credits at the end, when Link finds the stump with Skull Kid's drawing, I was really moved. It was like a documentation of their friendship.

For SS, my eyes teared up. It was definitely one of the most beautiful ending ever. Link saying farewell to Fi, as well as saying goodbye to Impa, made me come very close to crying. Aslo, at the end of the credits, when Zelda was finally reunited with her father, and Groose's friends came down to see him, it was really touching. And how Link stayed behind on the surface with Zelda, too. All of it was so touching. It's definitely among my favorite endings in the series.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
..... How has no one said TWW yet...

Seriously? Ganondorf turned to stone? KoRL staying behind while Hyrule Floods and you have to say goodbye after he gives you hope and tells you to create your own land?! Floating to the surface to be reunited with your sister only to return her to outset and heartbreakingly leave again but it's okay because you're setting out on your own adventure to explore and make something of your life as tremendous hopeful music plays?!?! Come on!

Other notable endings are TP and SS. SS gave an awesome sense of things to come if uk what I mean (after the heartbreaking farewells), and TPs ending was the familiar farewell+ leaving home like WW did, just not as epic as WW in my opinion

Edit: forgot ALttP. Awesome ending Regaining the triforce and restoring peace to Hyrule and solving multiple problems. Plus the master sword resting... FOREVER

Last edited:

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
My favorite ending is The Wind Waker's. It was truly poignant to observe the King of Hyrule sink with his homeland after offering Link and Zelda a return to "normalcy". Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule sank with his pride as a true ship captain wood, a fitting analogy to his earlier role as the King of Red Lions. The concluding scene alone shows that no matter how "kiddie" a game may look on the outside it's just as or even more so capable of delivering emotion as its grittier counterparts.

Another great ending was Skyward Sword's. Everything revolved 360 degrees to create a finale which tied right into the inception. Just as Fi had emerged from the Goddess Sword so she departed from the world of humans into eternal slumber in the Master Sword. Impa's steadfast notion that she could not return with Link, Zelda, and Groose either further compounded the melancholy of the scene. That said the fantastic juxtaposition of the post Demise darkness and the ensuing return of peace to Hyrule was stellar as Link perched on top of the Goddess Statue with Zelda, Hylia's mortal incarnation.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Spirit Tracks or Skyward Sword....or Twilight Princess

Spirit Tracks was adorable X3

And Skyward Sword.....dawwww!!! I nearly cried when we had to say "see ya" to Fi

Same goes for Twilight Princess and saying "Bye" to Midna. She's my favorite "Link sidekick" out of all of them....next to Zelda in Spirit Tracks haha

I have to say Wind Waker for the emotional value of it all.

After a wonderful portrayal and fight with Ganondorf we are rewarded with a melancholic ending in where King Daphnes chooses to stay behind with the Hyrule he, and so many of us used to know, he gives Link and Zelda a future but knows his place is in the past. Its so heartbreaking me for me. It might be because like many others i grew up with Zelda and the idea of that land being completely lost stings like hell and Daphnes was a good metaphor for trying to say goodbye to it all. Yet when Tetra drops the sails on her ship and Link and the pirates set off it does feel uplifting as if a whole future was ready to present itself to not only Link and Tetra but for us too.

Second fave would be TP =]

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
..... How has no one said TWW yet...

Seriously? Ganondorf turned to stone? KoRL staying behind while Hyrule Floods and you have to say goodbye after he gives you hope and tells you to create your own land?! Floating to the surface to be reunited with your sister only to return her to outset and heartbreakingly leave again but it's okay because you're setting out on your own adventure to explore and make something of your life as tremendous hopeful music plays?!?! Come on!

Other notable endings are TP and SS. SS gave an awesome sense of things to come if uk what I mean (after the heartbreaking farewells), and TPs ending was the familiar farewell+ leaving home like WW did, just not as epic as WW in my opinion

Edit: forgot ALttP. Awesome ending Regaining the triforce and restoring peace to Hyrule and solving multiple problems. Plus the master sword resting... FOREVER
Not saying wind waker, because that was the stupidiest wish possible ever.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Majora's Mask. Skull kid becomes friends with Link and Anju & Kafei get married. Happy all around after such a dark game.

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
The Wind Waker was a really sad ending, with how KoRL stayed back in Hyrule as Link and Tetra went back to their ocean. It was really sad. Link's Awakening was really sad too, how Kolohint disappeared and the Wind Fish left. It's a tie between these two.

My favorite two are Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. If you look up "epic final scene" in the dictionary, you'll see Twilight Princess' ending listed as an example, with Ganondorf dying standing up and all the events that ensue. Midna breaking the mirror of twilight complicated things and it was also kinda sad. Skyward Sword's ending was just so happy and so sad at the same time I cried a little due to each aspect.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Not saying wind waker, because that was the stupidiest wish possible ever.

Hufffuffufuffuffahaauffaauuh?!?!

Don't you doubt Daphnes's wish, the man knows what he wants.
Who knows, maybe if he hadn't wished that, Tetra and Link wouldn't have discovered New Hyrule.... :right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom