• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Link of Them All

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Ok, so i made this post to know wich Link you consider the best according to his various abilities, like strength(also counting max strength with power bracelets), agility, battle skills and variety of items and originality. Also rate him in each category from 1 to 10, take my answer as an example:

I chose Wind Waker Link as my answer, i think he is the strongest Link because he can lift gigantic stuff with the power bracelets, things much more bigger and heavier than him, has awesome battle skills like the tornado spin, agility that can compete with TP Link's agility and a somewhat wide variety of items, including that he can grab enemy weapons and use them against his foes.

Strength: 9/10
Agility:8/10
Battle Skills:10/10
Item Variety and originality:7/10(he was saved by the Deku Leaf)

All around score(note:This is not an average):9/10

15829636.jpg

For a 2D Link(includes PH and ST) the categories would be somewhat different: Battle skills, item variety, quality of upgrades, tansportation quality(how much it helped you to travel and navigate through the overworld) and use of abilites or surroundings(like MC Link shrinking, or LA Link using Bowow).

I wouldn't have a 2D favorite, since i haven't finished every 2D Zelda game around and can't choose correctly.

I hope you are Ok with these categories and if you have any sugestion or problem tell me.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Does Brawl Link count? :D

I pick TP Link. He is probably the strongest (as in muscular strength) Link of them all to date, also I think he is the most mature and ferocious. His arsenal of items isn't exactly original, but they definitely are varied! And his voice...gosh, his voice is awesome. :3

Strength: 10/10
Agility:7/10
Battle Skills:10/10
Item Variety and originality:9/10

For 2D Link, I pick the Oracle series Link. Really, he isn't that much different from ALttP, Zelda II, LoZ, LA, MC, or FS(A) Links though I found the items he uses to be much more thrilling, especialyl the Magnetic Gloves and Magic Boomerang :xd:

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
TP Link, just because of his diversity of his attacks. He knew 7 other skills than the regular spin attack, slice, and jump attack. He knew how to ride the Spinner like a pro. He can defeat Bo in a sumo match, which shows how strong he is. Agility wise, he knew the back slice(or the move when he spins around the opponent). Overall, he's gotta be the best Link ever!

For 2D games, so far the best one would have to be MC Link, just because he had the tiger scrolls. He had a cool arsenal of weapons as well.

I vote for Zelda 2's Link. He sees a locked door and says "Screw that crap, I'mma turn into a fairy and fly through the keyhole!" No other Link has done that.

I think is Link from TP or Link from Oot(Adult link) because all the other Link are Kids or Teens

Last edited:
MM mask link

firstly hes been through two full adventures, has the aresonal of a crazy shapsifter.

if he kept his items from OoT(unlikely tho) he would have the gold braclts but if not hed still have the goron mask which means he can crush rocks liek there nothing.

we also see him do flips instad of simply jumping like the other 3d links

oh and lets not forget the diety mask :P

MM link:
strength 9/10
agility 10/10
battle skills 10/10
item origanality 8/10

and for 2d id say tMC link as well he can copy himself 3 times, he has the tiger scrolls, he fires more sword beams than any other character and if he is loosing a battlwe e can shrink to minish size and hide(yes you can do that in the game on several occasions:P).

MM mask link

firstly hes been through two full adventures, has the aresonal of a crazy shapsifter.

if he kept his items from OoT(unlikely tho) he would have the gold braclts but if not hed still have the goron mask which means he can crush rocks liek there nothing.

we also see him do flips instad of simply jumping like the other 3d links

oh and lets not forget the diety mask :P

MM link:
strength 9/10
agility 10/10
battle skills 10/10
item origanality 8/10

and for 2d id say tMC link as well he can copy himself 3 times, he has the tiger scrolls, he fires more sword beams than any other character and if he is loosing a battlwe e can shrink to minish size and hide(yes you can do that in the game on several occasions:P).

I personaly think you over rated him, but I still think he is the 2nd best.

My #1 is TP link, hes faster than OOT and MM link (Moving and rolling around the world) and knows crazy jump attacks and rolls. Also combat is faceroll in TP so hes either good with swords and shields, or enemys are fail.

Link vs 4 darknuts=link wins.........

I like Link from Wind Waker most.
One reason being the differebt expressions he makes.

In this game more than any other Zelda game you really can tell how he feels bu his expressions.
My favourite is the way he jumps around when he beats a boss.

I also love how he is cel shaded something i was unsure of but when i played it i loved it a real strike if genius by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Twilight Princess Link is my favorite. Nintendo went all-out on preparing him with numerous new abilities, such as turning into a wolf at will and his Hidden Skills. He also showed tremendous Courage by merely nodding each time Midna "used" him. But this is all due to his bravery in facing enemies, no matter how large or tough, and freeing Hyrule from the pall of shadow cast by the fellowship of Zant and Ganondorf.

I say OoT Adult Link.

Strength: 8/10
Agility: 9/10
Battle Skills: 7/10
Item Variety: 10/10

I think that Link has good strength in OoT especially because of the silver/golden gauntlets.
I think that Link has good agility in OoT because he can run really fast backwards and from left and right. He can also do back flips.
I think that Link has decent battle skills because he could do the basic attacks like a stab, jump attack, and a spin attack.
Link's items were really varied in OoT because the items got a huge improvement from the 2D games.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I have to say Wind Waker Link is much more impressive than the other Links, espeicially the OoT and TP Links, one because he isn't originally the hero, he had to prove that he was and find the triforce himself, he wasn't born into it. And two he wielded the master sword as child and KILLED Ganondorf, while OoT Link only sealed him away and was an adult.

You all make good points in terms of sheer Hotness I got fully with tp link he is one of my favorite's.
Wind Waker Link is up there as well he is definitely the most expressive of the links even when you are not using the controller he looks around and stare's around he may scratch his leg or just stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom