• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Area in Zelda?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Zelda's had lots of great areas throughout its lifetime -- some of the best in gaming, in fact. But which area is the best?

As for me, I'd say the entire Lanayru province from Skyward Sword. Prior to this, I would have said Ikana Valley from Majora's Mask, but the incredible balance between the ability to roam and the need to strategize how to properly navigate across the quicksand-infested terrain, the well-made Sand Sea boat rides and docking bays, and the intricate Thunder Dragon's humble abode all make for an incredible experience. And that's not even mentioning the Timeshift stones. Plus, it features two of the greatest dungeons in franchise history, the Lanayru Mining Facility and the Sandship. It's just an all-around superb area that will be tough to beat in the future.

But what's your best Zelda area? Let me know in the comments!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Zora's Domain specifically from Twilight Princess. There is so much atmosphere in this area. It is very beautiful and peaceful and the music, which a remix of Zora's Domain from Ocarina of Time, is made better and excellent.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd say the best area in Zelda would be Clock Town in its entirety from Majora's Mask. There's so much to do in that non-combat zone, from fishing out a number of heart pieces to completing a myriad of other subquests for the sake of doing so. Sure, I'd appreciate a little more variety and maybe some combat-centric sidequests, but as it is now I don't have any real problems with it. :yes:

I mentioned it before, but it's gotta be Ikana.

The place is so sad and desolate. A once lively kingdom now a literal ghost town. The forefront of a bloody and horrible war that is still being fought long after those who fight it have died. The area reeks of guilt and death. The atmosphere is second to none in a Zelda game and it contains one of the best dungeons (Stone Tower Temple). I just love the creepy and melancholy atmosphere there and the back story is great.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Light World
Dark World
Kakariko Village (Dark World only)
Lost Woods (Light World only)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hyrule Field
Kakariko Village
Gerudo Valley

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Clock Town
Termina Field
Great Bay Coast

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Outset Island
Windfall Island
The Great Sea

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Hyrule Town
Hyrule Castle
Hyrule Field
Castor Winds
Forest Minish

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Hyrule Field
Kakariko Village
Hyrule Castle

These are my best places in my choices of Zelda games. Mainly because of the scenery, characters, music, and hidden places.

I dearly apologize for my extreme long list>.>

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I would say Ikana for all the reasons stated above, including the "challenge dungeon", but that's already been said. Snowhead(MM). The intricacy of the puzzles and changing of the seasons really sets it at the same place as Ikana. Their may not be much to do, but it boasts one of my favorite minigames, the Goron races, from the series.

D

Dogninja78

I really like Snowpeak from Twilight Princess, the atmosphere is just amazing to me. I love the music and the desolation of the whole area.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't even need to think on this one. Skyloft from Skyward Sword took my breath away upon first glance. The shimmering waterfall, the lush grass, and the smiles on almost everyone's faces; it was wonderful. The town was so peaceful and serene. Another place that comes to mind is Ordon Village from Twilight Princess. Not sure why, but I was always fond of it. Kakariko Village from Ocarina of Time is another favorite of mine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zora's Domain specifically from Twilight Princess. There is so much atmosphere in this area. It is very beautiful and peaceful and the music, which a remix of Zora's Domain from Ocarina of Time, is made better and excellent.

I'd like to second this, with the addition of Zora's Domain from Ocarina of Time. I felt both places were just so peaceful, they captured a serenity that no other place within the Zelda gamesphere has managed to capture thus far. From the music to the very architecture of their locations, tit's amazing <3

skyward sword's skyloft the place was so peaceful and beautiful that kind of place would be a perfect world that i wish we lived in because were going to hell

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Are you seriously making me choose just one area? Sorry bud, that's not happening.

As much as I love Ocarina of Time, it being my favorite Zelda game, even if not objectively the best by some standards, Majora's Mask by and away features the best environments the series has ever seen, in my opinion. Majora's Mask was a perverse play on the traditional fields, rivers, mountains, and deserts permeating the franchise. Players were instead greeted with swamps, ice mountains, canyons, and an ominous moon looming overhead.

What are the most memorable areas from Majora's Mask?

Clock Town, Southern Swamp, and the Pirate Fortress are my picks.

Clock Town is my favorite hub in the Zelda franchise narrowly beating out Skyloft. The atmosphere is simply phenomenal. The music is top notch, there are plenty of errands to run, and unlike the majority of its counterparts the area plays a centerpiece role in the narrative. Rarely have I been so powerfully affected as during the encounter with the Skull Kid atop the Clock Tower. I desired nothing short of his head.

The Southern Swamp resonates strongly with me as a juxtaposition of poisonous fumes with a hearty landscape permeated with various foliage. Traditionally, grassy areas are associated with life but swamps stand as an important outlier. It's here that Tatl first sheds important light on the Skull Kid's past rendering this an important story element as well.

The Pirate Fortress is an epitome of the Great Bay region. It brought joy to my heart to face the Gerudo Women once more. Navigating their desert base in Ocarina of Time is one of the series' most memorable moments. The recent shift has been towards larger stealth section like Silent Realms encompassing entire regions but I personally prefer mini-dungeons dedicated to sneakiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom