• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best and Worst smelling Zelda characters.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
'I shower once a month' The swordsmaster of MM snaps at link, defending his rigorous cleansing routine and dedication to hygiene when confronted with the mask of scents.

The thing is, what many people don't probably consider is how badly many of the characters in the Zelda games stink. The series generally has a medieval setting but with elements of steampunk, and we know how little hygiene played a part in most medieval families lives. Even the royalty were unclean, some bathing once a year and making use of perfumes for the rest of the time to try and mask their stench. The common folk didn't even have that luxury.

So let's have a discussion about who we think are the worst smelling Zelda characters and also who smells the best.

I think Gorons probably don't have an odour besides a rocky earthy smell. But best smelling I think I will award to Gaepora who can be seen bathing on a nightly basis in SS.

Worst smelling. Link probably reeks most of the time in OOT. He goes inside a giant fish, and is probably drenched in sweat after braving the fire temple and desert regions. However the worst I think will have to go to David Jr and Ankle who turn Tingle Tower 24 hours a day. Not only are they drenched in sweat but they never get a chance to even go for a toilet break. They have to go in their suits so basically they would smell of sweat, urine and faeces.

Who do you think smells the best and worst in the series?

Reactions: Dan

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this reminds me of that one caddicarus video

the first guy who came to mind for me was maggie's dad...then i remembered the hand dude who straight out lives in a toilet; as for the best, daphnes hyrule maybe? it's probably cheating since he's a spirit but i doubt whatever odor he had stayed with him in the afterlife

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
mfw this thread
k0I5QnZ.png

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Tingle. Tingle smells, because he never takes off his unitard. He never showers because he thinks he's a fairy. In every iteration he's either in prison or running around in a skin-tight unitard, never showering or in a house with a shower or a bath tub. He's also older, and still acting that way, so you know he doesn't have his priorities in order. He probably has scabies and a nasty rash in that unitard somewhere.

Zelda, probably, smells the best. She smells of flowers and sunshine, because she's a princess. Royalty have access to showers and tubs, and so she is able to bathe. They also have access to oils and perfumes, so she is able to hide the smell of travel, even when she's on the run. I'm sure Impa packed her smell-good oils when they escaped the castle on that one rainy night.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I think Gorons must smell like sulfur. They are rock/mineral people and have a sulfur-hue to their skin. i also remember a line in Minnish Cap where a Goron pounding down a wall with other Gorons for you said something about "Phew! It smells like ripe Goron in here!" Yes, they like their hot springs in Twilight Princess, but it probably doesn't get rid of the low-level hang of rotten eggs in the air around them.

Zoras probably smell like fish - but not like nasty fish, but like fresh fish slime, like a rock bass I pull out of the creek. It's not a traditionally "nice" smell, but I happen to enjoy it - an "outdoorsy" smell.

Link... his smell depends upon what he's been doing. If he's been cutting through monsters, he no doubt reeks of guts and evil fluids. If he's been running or riding all day, he stinks of man-sweat. If he's been resting at a fairy spring, he probably smells freshly washes and nice because he'd probably bathe when he'd get the chance to get the smell of monster guts and sweat off of him - of for no other reason than to keep living monsters from sniffing out his location when he's out and about. Of course, in wolf form in TP, he has fine canine-reek, especially when wet.

Malon... if she's been mucking stalls, she reeks of manure. If she's had a chance to clean up in a bath or trough, he probably smells very nice, of sweet hay and grass.

Zelda probably smells very nice due to either royal access to the baths, or, if she forgoes bathing for the same reasons that European royalty did... perfumes. She can afford all the fancy ones.

People in Skyloft in general probably smell normal to nice, given how much importance they put on having a bath right in the Academy and wanting their bathing-times.

Robyn_Hoo

Eren's Princess
I think the worst smelling would be Ganondorf and the best smelling would either be Zelda, Link, or Midna. I assume one or all of those three smells absolutely delicious.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I'd imagine Tingle covers himself with some kind of sweet scent to go with the Fairy look. The Dead Hand's chamber would be putrid.

Dan

Probably Ganondorf as his cape scrapes around on the floor all the time making it ultra smelly.
Link would be pretty smelly too since he fights smelly beasts in high temperature locations. Zelda games would be far better and more immersive if NPCs addressed Links stench more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Probably Ganondorf as his cape scrapes around on the floor all the time making it ultra smelly.
Link would be pretty smelly too since he fights smelly beasts in high temperature locations. Zelda games would be far better and more immersive if NPCs addressed Links stench more.
In OOT he wears the same skin tight bodysuit and never removes it. So that's for at least a 7 year period.

On another note this new link is the most hygienic yet. He even changes his clothes regularly and emerges from a bath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom