• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
So if everyone remembers, I was put into the game starting this day because I was taking over for an inactive. I can tell you all that I am a townie, and yell it from the rooftops, but if you are all set on saying I am scum, it would be pretty hard to diffuse you of this thought (considering you have not interacted with me enough to see how I play mafia).

So I still stand behind my vote, but I have a funny feeling I am going to get lynched tonight.
I work until 10PM Mountain time, so if I come back on and am not lynched, cool. If I am, that is alright. At least the moves I made made people begin to talk and think and work outloud instead of just sitting back and not doing ANYTHING!

Rachel

be vigitant
Timeless and Mido, you guys have both provided good defenses. Maybe I'm being noobish, but I can't really see much that makes them scum. Rishian was accused because of his bandwagoning, too. However, I think it was more that Rishian didn't really mention the possibility that RegalBryant was a townie, and did not mention that it wouldn't be productive to lynch a really inactive townie. As if he knew RegalBryant was a townie already, if that makes sense.

More likely that he's Mafia and is pulling at straws to shift suspicion away from him.

Looking back, from my understanding Atticus has been pretty aggressive actively scumhunting the whole game. I doubt it needs to be repeated, but she was originally suspicious of Rainy and led the lynch against her. JJ's comment above caught my eye in that regard.

Vote: Rishian

[video=youtube;piVnArp9ZE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0[/video]

And I dunno, the profile link thing seems pretty legitimate.

EBWODP: Ah, Rishian ninja'd me. Anyway, lying is a part of Mafia; we can all say we're townie. Rainy tried to convince us that she was a townie with that list of hers and jumped on TMS's mistake to lynch a townie (the cop, no less!) The evidence against you is more compelling to me than the evidence against Mido and Timeless. Maybe you really are a townie, which I'm doubting, in which case we can reevaluate what we did today. The day ends today, and every vote counts.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Hmmm. I think this would be important to post before the night period.

Unvote: Rishian

Raindrop14 said:
And I'd like to share my suspicions on all of the people of this game:

Darknut_Hunter: Seems to have made a large slip up in his previous post, and wheather he be town or mafia I cannot tell. But from what I've seen I deem him as %90 mafia.
Dr3W21: Not seen much of him, could be mafia laying low. %50 chance for either.
Furie: I've seen lots of helpfulness for townies with him, but as he reasoned before with me, he could try to be doing that to avert our eyes elsewhere. But as his tactics seem not to be useless, I'd say %80 town.
GirlWithAFairy: Not seen much of her, looks the same as a new player would act in a mafia game. So I can't say much. %50 chance of either.
Heroine of Time: She was one of my suspicions earlier, her doing the RV thing along with others. But I haven't seen enough to say much. %50 chance of either.

JuicieJ: He only posted at the beginning and hasn't said anything. So I'm leaning towards mafia laying low, because perhaps he and DH are both mafia, and he doesn't want to help lynch his mafia buddy. %65 mafia.
Keeseman: He's been giving sound evidence for his suspicions, but that could also mean that he's an active mafia member to appear town. I haven't seen enough of him to say much, so %50 chance for either.
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.
New Link: Not seen much of him, except when he voted for me after I voted for him. This is very suspicious and I think he's a laying low mafia. So %70 mafia.
PokaLink: Haven't seen anything from him at all, could be not knowing what to do here, could be mafia not wanting to slip up after all this has happened. So I'd say %60 mafia.
Rachel: She said something about univpark's "laying low" and that was it. Could be she thinks there's nothing much to say, could be she's mafia "laying low" herself. I'd say %60 mafia.
RegalBryant: Say one post from him, with a vote due to senseless reasoning. I think he's %80 mafia, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.

Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.
univpark: She is very suspicious. Saying something about random votes at the beginning, and then she say she'll "lay low" until suspicious action happens. Well, here you go univpark. This whole matter is suspicious, and most of us are catching on to that. From what I see is she is in the same position as most people whom I think are mafia members here, she's not wanting to accuse a fellow mafia. Which leads me to believe that she herself is mafia. %80 mafia.
Violet: I've seen very suspicious things coming from her, first she wont RVS because it's silly. Then after it's explained, she does. Why? Well she doesn't want to seen not town is all. She "went with the flow" to appear town. %80 mafia.

And with that I'd say the mafia members are:

Violet
TheMasterSword
univpark
Darknut_Hunter
RegalBryant

I think Rainy's gonna help us out a little bit. ;) Before I begin, the one's with strikes through their names are the one's who have passed on. The one's with bold I will address later.

The people she listed as mafia, I'll tell you right now that they're ALL townies.
RB was a Townie.
DH was a Townie.
Odd (replaced Violet) was a Townie.
TMS was the Townie Cop.
Meaning ALIT (who replaced univpark) must be a Townie as well.

Although there's something here that made me question my previous vote; Rainy, the scum we lynched, said New Link was 70% mafia. Who replaced New Link? Rishian. Meaning there's a high probability that he's town. My main concern is with the one's Rainy listed as 50%. I'm NOT saying Mido and JJ are in the clear, but it's possible that they're townies (I'll mention them further down). PokaLink, aka the one I replaced, was listed as 60%. Rachel was also listed at 60%. Axle stated that we're allowed to role claim, and I'm going to do it.

I, Atticus, am a Vanilla Townie. I'm not copying Axle's PM word for word, but I can easily say that he forwarded me the PM he originally sent to PokaLink. Since Rainy listed Poka as 60%, and she listed Rachel as 60%, I'm going to assume Rachel is a Townie. That being said, JJ was listed at 65%, that was higher than myself, and I'm confirmed Town. I will also assume that JuicieJ is a Townie. Now to address you 50/50 people.

First and foremost, I have no opinion on Mido, but I think he might be Town. He was listed as 55%. Although that's a mere 5% above 50%, it means he has as higher chance of being town than the rest of the people who were listed as 50%. That, or Rainy just decided to mix the numbers up a little bit. Dr3w, one of the 50%'s, has had conflict with Rainy in the past. If I recall correctly, Rainy even voted for Dr3w. I honestly doubt he's scum, but you can never be too sure.

GirlWithAFairy, Jenn, I find it flattering that you agree with me, but you need to stop using me as your shield. Just because I'm confirmed Town, doesn't mean you are too by following my every move. I've noticed you bandwagon with me on multiple occasions, and that you severely want JJ lynched. I'll admit it that I've tried to nail JJ myself, but now that I look at these statistics, I'm letting it go (unless some solid evidence tells me I shouldn't). I remember you stated somewhere that you said I was "speaking your language", and then you voted for Rishian. Speaking your language because I was voting for a Townie? Yeah, you're looking pretty scummy to me right now.

Heroine of Time, you're an extremely cautious player. Actually, you're being a bit too cautious. Hell, you haven't even committed a vote yet (unless you have, in which I totally missed it). Cautiousness, to me, means you're hiding something.

Keeseman, going back through previous posts, you've agreed with Rainy on multiple occasions. I don't have much evidence to hold against you, but I'm sure someone else does. There's one thing, though. Iirc, you and Rainy both agreed with each other and voted Dr3w (way back to the 2nd day, I think). I have this gut feeling that Dr3w is town, and that you and Rainy were trying to lynch him. But, as soon as TMS role claimed, you immediately shifted votes and began a bandwagon against our now dead cop. I think it's highly probable you're scum.

Timeless, your counter-arguments are very poor. I doubt your fight with Mido is a Townie vs Townie argument. One of you is scum, and I think it's you. I, personally, don't have much evidence against you, but looking at what Rainy listed you as, I think you may be scum.

These are my current thoughts, especially with 4 scum on the loose.

Townies:
A Link In Time
Atticus (hey, that's me!)
JuicieJ
Rachel
Rishian

Not Sure:
Dr3W21 (I have a good feeling he might be Town)
Mido (I'm honestly not too sure about)

Most -likely Scum:
GirlWithAFairy
Heroine of Time
Keeseman
Timeless

Hmmm. I think this would be important to post before the night period.

I think Rainy's gonna help us out a little bit. ;) Before I begin, the one's with strikes through their names are the one's who have passed on. The one's with bold I will address later.

The people she listed as mafia, I'll tell you right now that they're ALL townies.
RB was a Townie.
DH was a Townie.
Odd (replaced Violet) was a Townie.
TMS was the Townie Cop.
Meaning ALIT (who replaced univpark) must be a Townie as well.

Although there's something here that made me question my previous vote; Rainy, the scum we lynched, said New Link was 70% mafia. Who replaced New Link? Rishian. Meaning there's a high probability that he's town. My main concern is with the one's Rainy listed as 50%. I'm NOT saying Mido and JJ are in the clear, but it's possible that they're townies (I'll mention them further down). PokaLink, aka the one I replaced, was listed as 60%. Rachel was also listed at 60%. Axle stated that we're allowed to role claim, and I'm going to do it.

I, Atticus, am a Vanilla Townie. I'm not copying Axle's PM word for word, but I can easily say that he forwarded me the PM he originally sent to PokaLink. Since Rainy listed Poka as 60%, and she listed Rachel as 60%, I'm going to assume Rachel is a Townie. That being said, JJ was listed at 65%, that was higher than myself, and I'm confirmed Town. I will also assume that JuicieJ is a Townie. Now to address you 50/50 people.

First and foremost, I have no opinion on Mido, but I think he might be Town. He was listed as 55%. Although that's a mere 5% above 50%, it means he has as higher chance of being town than the rest of the people who were listed as 50%. That, or Rainy just decided to mix the numbers up a little bit. Dr3w, one of the 50%'s, has had conflict with Rainy in the past. If I recall correctly, Rainy even voted for Dr3w. I honestly doubt he's scum, but you can never be too sure.

GirlWithAFairy, Jenn, I find it flattering that you agree with me, but you need to stop using me as your shield. Just because I'm confirmed Town, doesn't mean you are too by following my every move. I've noticed you bandwagon with me on multiple occasions, and that you severely want JJ lynched. I'll admit it that I've tried to nail JJ myself, but now that I look at these statistics, I'm letting it go (unless some solid evidence tells me I shouldn't). I remember you stated somewhere that you said I was "speaking your language", and then you voted for Rishian. Speaking your language because I was voting for a Townie? Yeah, you're looking pretty scummy to me right now.

Heroine of Time, you're an extremely cautious player. Actually, you're being a bit too cautious. Hell, you haven't even committed a vote yet (unless you have, in which I totally missed it). Cautiousness, to me, means you're hiding something.

Keeseman, going back through previous posts, you've agreed with Rainy on multiple occasions. I don't have much evidence to hold against you, but I'm sure someone else does. There's one thing, though. Iirc, you and Rainy both agreed with each other and voted Dr3w (way back to the 2nd day, I think). I have this gut feeling that Dr3w is town, and that you and Rainy were trying to lynch him. But, as soon as TMS role claimed, you immediately shifted votes and began a bandwagon against our now dead cop. I think it's highly probable you're scum.

Timeless, your counter-arguments are very poor. I doubt your fight with Mido is a Townie vs Townie argument. One of you is scum, and I think it's you. I, personally, don't have much evidence against you, but looking at what Rainy listed you as, I think you may be scum.

These are my current thoughts, especially with 4 scum on the loose.

Townies:
A Link In Time
Atticus (hey, that's me!)
JuicieJ
Rachel
Rishian

Not Sure:
Dr3W21 (I have a good feeling he might be Town)
Mido (I'm honestly not too sure about)

Most -likely Scum:
GirlWithAFairy
Heroine of Time
Keeseman
Timeless

In my defense though, I was inactive due to Finals, if you look back I posted about it. And if you don't have much evidence against me, why am I likely to be scum. and this is RAINY'S list, you know, the CONFIRMED mafia? If you're going of a scum's list for suspicions, I have no choice:

VOTE: ATTICUS

EBWODP: Also may I add, that Mido has been defending himself in much the same way I have? AND bandwagoning like I did. Might you be defending a fellow scum?

EBWODP: Again, sorry. I know it saws "Last edited" but I accidentally hit the Edit button. feel free to modkill me for it, but I'm sorry. Nothing was changed, I swear.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Vote: Timeless

I don't know the confirmed mafia. I was going off of Rainy's list, WHO'S CONFIRMED MAFIA. Taking a look at her percentages, the one's listed the lowest are more likely to be scum so know one would suspect them. The one's listed the highest are most likely to be town, so people would become more suspicious of them. DH was 90%, Vio was 80%, and RB was 80%, all of which are townies.

I'm not defending Mido, as I clearly put him in the section titled "Not Sure".

EBWODP: *no, not know

GRAMMAR4LYFE GUIS
GRMMAR4LYFE

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Whoa. Uh... That is... really hard to argue with, Atticus. You really did your homework with this. Shame on me for not going as in-depth as you did.

I'm with you on not knowing which side Mido is on -- he could easily be either/or (I have no thoughts on Dr3W21 -- but as for GirlWithAFairy, my suspicions of her have now been confirmed. If she's not scum, I'll be severely shocked. I wasn't quite sure about Timeless at first, but after his latest post, I'm gonna guess he's trying to eliminate you because you've shed a HUGE amount of light on the situation (come on, there's no way you're Mafia). I won't vote for him just yet, but I will be extreeeeemely suspicious of him. As for the other two, I'm not gonna jump on them, as I can't quite say they have damning evidence against them, but I'll keep a sharp eye out.

I see no reason to suspect A Link in Time, as he's defended me on multiple occasions, and I have no idea why scum would defend me of all people (unless he's playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse, which I doubt). Rachel hasn't done anything noteworthy of suspicion, plus she was effectively targeted by confirmed scum. And that leaves us with Rishian. The man I thought was breaking under pressure of being caught. Well, the circumstances seem to suggest otherwise with what you've pointed out. So all that's left to do is...

Vote: GirlWithAFairy

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Holy Jeeze! Is this a last minute repreve? That was really comprehensive..

And because Rainy was scum that must mean that..
Everyone she said was clean really is dirty!

I'm going to leave my vote for now.. but wow.. :S This really makes the game crazy no?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Holy Jeeze! Is this a last minute repreve? That was really comprehensive..

And because Rainy was scum that must mean that..
Everyone she said was clean really is dirty!

I'm going to leave my vote for now.. but wow.. :S This really makes the game crazy no?

I'm really sorry that this was so last minute. I didn't realize any of this until now, and I had to say it before night came, just in case mafia would night kill me. I really hope that this will be beneficial to the town. :)

The part I bolded is true with one exception: Furie. Furie is the only one Rainy listed as 80% Town, and truly was town.

Rachel

be vigitant
Woah. I'm not really sure who to vote for, but after all that evidence I'd look scummy if I kept my vote on Rishian, especially since there's a high chance that he's not scum.

Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.

Rainy's comment on Timeless seems kinda confusing and contradictory, like Rainy's not really sure what she should say about him. She also listed him as 50%, as if she were trying to confuse us. Plus, if Timeless is lynched and flips townie, there is a chance that Mido is scum. (Although it could be a townie townie fight) Regarding GWaF, I don't think we could get as much information if we lynch her today except that JJ is townie, which Rainy's list already indicated, listing him as 65% Mafia.

EBWODP:

My bad, I'm sorry!

It's clear I'm going to die now, I just realized how stupid of a statement I tried to make (after Atticus's post I realized that possibility). I've nothing else to say but that I'm a townie, so do what you guys wish, but know that if you lynch me you will be one man worse off.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's clear I'm going to die now, I just realized how stupid of a statement I tried to make (after Atticus's post I realized that possibility). I've nothing else to say but that I'm a townie, so do what you guys wish, but know that if you lynch me you will be one man worse off.

Think before you vote. You have no proof by merely stating you're a Townie, people will obviously think you're lying. I will say, however, that if you're lynched and you magically end up Town, Mido will be Priority #1. As I previously stated, I doubt your argument is a Townie Vs Townie argument.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???

***Atty, I havent been using you as a shield at all. I do not want JJ lynched, nor have I called for his lynch. I have not bandwagoned with you "multiple times". The only other time that I have agreed with you other than voteing for Rish was voting for an extension. The majority voted for Rain so you cant say I wagoned with you there. I also gave you the list of why I felt you and I were on the same page.

But we are going to step off the page, then I will retract my vote. Because if you are wrong about me and I have a feeling about Keese, hes agressive but I dont think hes scum at all, then you could be wrong on your initial feelings of Rish.

Unvote

Think before you vote. You have no proof by merely stating you're a Townie, people will obviously think you're lying. I will say, however, that if you're lynched and you magically end up Town, Mido will be Priority #1. As I previously stated, I doubt your argument is a Townie Vs Townie argument.
I know. Simply roleclaiming is my last ditch effort to stay in the game. Look? All I ask, is that my end is nigh. Take my suspicions to heart.

I'm on a mobile device making quoting posts cumbersome but I don't think Heroine's caution should be regarded as hiding something. She was the first to point out Jenn was using Atticus as a shield, if you recall. Heroine's a player who doesn't want to commit unless she's 100% certain which is always a sound tactic in mafia.

Rainy's list is definitely a detriment to the scum. Atticus's reasoning is correct-those with low percentages of being scum are likely to be mafia whereas those with high percentages of being scum are likely to be pro-town. Yay for reverse psychology.

If you didn't protect Atticus last night, doctor, please do so tonight. If you did, you unfortunately can't protect the same target consecutively. In that case, protect JuicieJ, Rishian, or I.

GirlWithAFairy, Mido, Timeless, Dr3W21 and Keeseman are my primary suspects for mafia. Keeseman gave up the Internet for Lent so it's not in our best interest to pursue him until a replacement is found.

For now,

Unvote
Vote: GirlWithAFairy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom