• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 6 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Vote: zelda_geek
As stated, djinn was godfather and she posted every once in a while, just like he is doing now!

Thats a lynch my friends

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Yeah, but Djinn's play style could be alot different then zelda_geek's. I do hope we've hit scum this time, though I sort of doubt it. My vote was kinda random and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. We didn't even give them time to state their case. Next time, at least let them get to claim or plead before somebody hammers. That was too hasty for my liking.

R

Red Waffles

I don't understand how zelda geek got 6 votes. We are only 3 pages in so I doubt most of you posted more than 3 times. Some people's playstyle is different or maybe they weren't online. Let's hope we got lucky and hit mafia.

David

But you called me here...
Just a thought about bandwagons and first days: don't just jump into it. Make sure that you're thinking through each step you make and what you are actually posting. Bandwagons are good when the day is almost over, there is no motion in the game, and they are the only good lead. There are a few other instances where bandwagons are good, but for a beginner's level game, you should develop skills necessary to get through the day without just jumping on a bandwagon.

Also, make sure that if a bunch of people are voting for someone, that you wait and let them defend themselves before "hammering" them. (Hammering is letting the last vote happen, thus killing the individual.) You haven't reached that point yet, but you should probably watch out for it.

As for some advice to help you out just a smidgeon right now and throughout the game... You can actually look at a list of those that posted, the amount of replies that they've made, and links to a page of their posts so that you can use them for evidence. To call up that list, go back to the Mafia board, and then click on the number near the "replies" in the thread information. For your convenience, here is the link for this specific thread. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=28991 . A good strategy that myself and many others use is to look over posts of individuals in isolation. Reading them in isolation can help you see a specific trend or even a particular "meta" of a player. A "meta" in Mafia is usually defined as a general behavior that they are exhibiting. It is up to you to determine if it is scummy or not. However, it is still really early in the game, so you probably won't be able to get much out of isoing individuals.

Hope I helped.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The one who started this chain is most suspicious.

Vote: MadameMajora

Hey, dude I already told you it was a random vote and I didn't want her (I think zelda_geek's a her, correct me if i'm wrong) lynched. Didn't mean for it to go that far. If I'd been on earlier today I woulda unvoted.

EBWODP: And David, thanks for your input :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Unvote: zelda_geek

I'm satisfied by David's explanation. It was half suspicion and impulse to jump aboard the bandwagon that influenced my vote. But it's more a possibility that zelda_geek wasn't aware the game had started. She doesn't really seem like the scummy type at this point, even with only one post. On the other hand...

The one who started this chain is most suspicious.

Vote: MadameMajora

ALIT, you seem to be zipping from one target to the next, either to scumhunt or generate confusion between everyone. Now, before I cast a vote I'd like to hear your side of this. Most of your votes appear spontaneous and the stated reasons behind them good but a bit hasty. How do you plea?

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Use a scummy wummy detector? LOL kay tbh I don't reaaallly have that many scum hunting techniques right now as i'm still fairly new (well we all are..):sweat: buuut there is one thing that made me stop and look and that was PK Flash's bandwagon-hopping without a clear reason, and TheMasterSword's quick hammer that didn't even let zelda_geek make a defence. That looks fairly scummy IMO but before I go voting and making a bunch of accusations I wanna hear what some others have to say.

For now: FOS: TheMasterSword and PK Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom