• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Backstabbing Midna

C

cfdj

Just something I've noticed in twilight princess why would ganondorf remove midnas cursed mask and not kill her? Does this show a deal?

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! but maybe that's because she's the Princess of Twilight. maybe he CAN'T kill her. I don't know

I would have guessed that he never saw Midna as a serious threat, so he didn't really have a reason to kill her. After all, Midna's plan relies on collecting an the fragments of an ancient mask to take on Zant, whom is much weaker than Ganondorf as we know. Once he broke it her plan was stopped and she was reduced to being of little threat to Ganondorf while she was in her current form.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! but maybe that's because she's the Princess of Twilight. maybe he CAN'T kill her. I don't know

I think it would have been quite easy for Ganondorf to kill Midna if he wanted to. Zant nearly does so when he uses the Spirit of Lanayru to weaken her, and he has a fraction of the power that Ganondorf does.

So I would personally say that there isn't a chance for Midna to be backstabbing Link, particularly since she's never actually achieves anything in that works in favour of Ganondorf, she only actually helps to remove the parts of his kingdom that he has used Zant to take over.

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, maybe it just wants to show Link to make him think that Midna is actually dead. Not backstabbing, but this is just my opinion.

I have never seen that Midna actually backstabbing Link and Zelda because she actually got them to safety from the castle to the field in order for her to "kill" Ganondorf.

Last edited:
C

cfdj

Thanks I thought she might have been let live cause of the theory off gerudo and twill being the same

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I figure that in Midna's last attempt to kill Ganondorf, the mask was destroyed and she was "killed" or at least extremely weakened, then revived by the light spirits. They surely can't have shown then spirits for no reason, and they wanted the pieces of the mask to be there so as to give the impression that she was killed in her last stand against him.

I'm pretty sure he did kill her, then the Light Spirits revived her. The symbolism of him breaking the Fused Shadows is that he did indeed kill Midna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom