• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Looking back at the set-up, that Mind Controller role was actually really cool. It's too bad Johnny didn't get to use it.

I did though :bubsy:

So Jamie and I were a Mason team which really made my early death suck cause we'd have been nailing scum like we did in Downton Abbey.

I used my powers on Jamie night 1 and he got a 50% survival rating added to his bodyguard role.

I did though :bubsy:

So Jamie and I were a Mason team which really made my early death suck cause we'd have been nailing scum like we did in Downton Abbey.

I used my powers on Jamie night 1 and he got a 50% survival rating added to his bodyguard role.

True, but it would have been nice to have more use of the ability. I like how Tristan took inspiration from Lineages for your role, and it was probably the biggest game changer along with Storm's inventor role. Still, it definitely helped Jamie be effective for as long as he was in this game. Hopefully you get to play longer next time because you died so early in this game and Dollhouse lol.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Pirates 1 was bad. Team Fortress 2 was horrible, and the time of the game's completion, I considered that to be my worst performance in Mafia; but now that I've seen my 'work' in Avengers, this one takes the cake: my absolute worst Mafia play of all time. All my reads were dead wrong, I f***ed up the nightkill, and my lunch wasn't even catered properly! What a joke! Major changes are needed in this here camp if I do say so myself.

In a more serious tone, this game was a major wake up call for me, as my complete lack of confidence completely eroded any chance of being a productive member of the town, which is something I need to try and fix if at all possible. I completely shut down after the NK, which was not good to do. On this note, I would like to thank Jamie and Viral namely, and others for throwing in some vig pro-tips in the game for future reference, even if I am better off not assuming such a dangerous mantle! XD Adding onto this, I'd like to thank every member who gave me some good advice about the game over the last few weeks. It means a ton, and I hope that the next trajectory of this guy's play is upward from here on out!

Quite the coincidence, this unfortunate trend served as the icing on the cake for my two worst performances. For this, I am sorry. :oops:

It's ok, man. Literally everyone makes mistakes in mafia at some point. Don't let it bring you down so much.

GG! Wanted to give a personal congrats to Srishti; so much emotional investment amounted to victory in the end, gj!

Kirino

Tatakae
This was a fun game, and Tristan did a great job modding. I especially appreciate how strict he was as a mod in comparison to a lot of others, as well as the setup and the interesting new roles he tried.

I'd also like to appreciate @Eduarda. She was by far the most active and devoted player, and in a lot of ways kept the game alive. I remember seeing her say a while back that LG and Johnny were much better players than her, but trust me, you're at least as good, lol. And of course, there was @Ver-go-a-go-go, who together with Eduarda pretty much carried the town and was definitely the MVP for this game in general.

I can't help but feel the result was a bit unfair, though. There were copious amounts of softclaims throughout the entire game, and they were often so explicit to the point that they might as well have been roleclaims. Add that to the revealing and detailed day and night scenes, and the town managed to coordinate themselves and figure things out pretty easily. It's really a bit of a shame, as I felt the Mafia team did a pretty good job but for the fact that they were some of the only ones without a confirmed softclaim, in addition to some poor or unlucky night decisions.

It was a nice and surprisingly active game regardless, though, and I'm glad I decided to join as a replacement, especially since I don't get to be scum very often. GG fams.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well guys, that was fun. Between this and Dollhouse, I now know that I'm not being as good a player as I thought - I'm simply barely being a player.
I need to put more time into these games.
Of course, it was still lots of fun. Thanks to @Tristan for setting up and modding a fantastic game, my awesome scumbuds @Viral Maze @Frozen Chosen and @Kirino , and of course my survivor creation @LittleGumball (I'm not sorry)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I can't help but feel the result was a bit unfair, though. There were copious amounts of softclaims throughout the entire game, and they were often so explicit to the point that they might as well have been roleclaims. Add that to the revealing and detailed day and night scenes, and the town managed to coordinate themselves and figure things out pretty easily. It's really a bit of a shame, as I felt the Mafia team did a pretty good job but for the fact that they were some of the only ones without a confirmed softclaim, in addition to some poor or unlucky night decisions.
Yeah I agree. Claim culture is making everything too easy for the town. before you (jamie) yell at me, i realize there's strategy involved, but it's really unfair for the mafia, especially when they don't get viable softclaims. There's a difference between having fun and winning, and to me having fun is more important than winning.

And Tristan's night scenes were hella detailed, literally every single action was revealed in the night scene. That's way too much.

(final note - i was mark ruffalo :uwu: i was many happy)

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yeah I agree. Claim culture is making everything too easy for the town. before you (jamie) yell at me, i realize there's strategy involved, but it's really unfair for the mafia, especially when they don't get viable softclaims. There's a difference between having fun and winning, and to me having fun is more important than winning.

And Tristan's night scenes were hella detailed, literally every single action was revealed in the night scene. That's way too much.

(final note - i was mark ruffalo :uwu: i was many happy)
with less details in the scenes and the mafia playing better in future games we can erase claims being so overly important. tons of mafia sites seem to be handling it fine without literally restricting claims.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
with less details in the scenes and the mafia playing better in future games we can erase claims being so overly important. tons of mafia sites seem to be handling it fine without literally restricting claims.
While that's true, there comes a point in a claim game where scum have to fakeclaim or else suspicion will eventually fall onto them, and, as a whole, ZDers suck at that.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@kokirion how was bodyguarding Eduarda foolish? I'm seriously confused. It was successful...
Well, true, but she was never in danger. You see, I lied about me only having 3 abilities. If I were to claim it would be best if my oppontents would think I no longer have any useful ability, but in truth I kept my final ability (protection) for somewhere endgame. I calculated that Eduarda was probably gonna die that night so I used it on her.

And then you jumped in front of her with the cost of your own life :P :P I was laughing so hard when I read the night scene. Like NO WAY, he didn't right???
But I also didn't understand it. You too had a pretty solid position, why trade your life with Eduarda's? In my view that was equally bad, it seemed a bit suicidal. And really a pity that it wasn't even necessary :P

I didn't answer to your question about this yesterday, Eduarda, because I suddenly realised I could still bluff that I in fact did not waste this ability and come up with a way to keep both of us safe in case Kirino was not scum (I considered claiming that I still had 2 abilities: bulletproof and protect. That I would flip a coin whether I would protect myself or Eduarda, and so make the mafia think that hitting one of us might fail). But I got lazy and simply forgot posting this xD until I suddenly woke up and saw the game was already over. hahaha, oh well.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Well, true, but she was never in danger. You see, I lied about me only having 3 abilities. If I were to claim it would be best if my oppontents would think I no longer have any useful ability, but in truth I kept my final ability (protection) for somewhere endgame. I calculated that Eduarda was probably gonna die that night so I used it on her.

And then you jumped in front of her with the cost of your own life :P :P I was laughing so hard when I read the night scene. Like NO WAY, he didn't right???
But I also didn't understand it. You too had a pretty solid position, why trade your life with Eduarda's? In my view that was equally bad, it seemed a bit suicidal. And really a pity that it wasn't even necessary :P

I didn't answer to your question about this yesterday, Eduarda, because I suddenly realised I could still bluff that I in fact did not waste this ability and come up with a way to keep both of us safe in case Kirino was not scum (I considered claiming that I still had 2 abilities: bulletproof and protect. That I would flip a coin whether I would protect myself or Eduarda, and so make the mafia think that hitting one of us might fail). But I got lazy and simply forgot posting this xD until I suddenly woke up and saw the game was already over. hahaha, oh well.
Because Eduarda's role was infinitely better than mine, I decided to use my role to protect hers (thought she was a shoe in for the kill)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
True, but it would have been nice to have more use of the ability. I like how Tristan took inspiration from Lineages for your role, and it was probably the biggest game changer along with Storm's inventor role. Still, it definitely helped Jamie be effective for as long as he was in this game. Hopefully you get to play longer next time because you died so early in this game and Dollhouse lol.

Honestly it still wasn't too bad. We analyzed stuff a bit even after I died so it was all good.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think Viral will have PTSD after two games of scum like that.

giphy.gif

**** being scum, I have more fun as town anyway >.>

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
GOOD GAME EVERYONE! EVERY PLAYER DID GREAT! :D

The powers you may use are as follows:
- Protection
- Investigation
- Roleblock
- Night Kill
@kokirion ahh you sneaky scum XD

Pirates 1 was bad. Team Fortress 2 was horrible, and the time of the game's completion, I considered that to be my worst performance in Mafia; but now that I've seen my 'work' in Avengers, this one takes the cake: my absolute worst Mafia play of all time. All my reads were dead wrong, I f***ed up the nightkill, and my lunch wasn't even catered properly! What a joke! Major changes are needed in this here camp if I do say so myself.

In a more serious tone, this game was a major wake up call for me, as my complete lack of confidence completely eroded any chance of being a productive member of the town, which is something I need to try and fix if at all possible. I completely shut down after the NK, which was not good to do. On this note, I would like to thank Jamie and Viral namely, and others for throwing in some vig pro-tips in the game for future reference, even if I am better off not assuming such a dangerous mantle! XD Adding onto this, I'd like to thank every member who gave me some good advice about the game over the last few weeks. It means a ton, and I hope that the next trajectory of this guy's play is upward from here on out!

Quite the coincidence, this unfortunate trend served as the icing on the cake for my two worst performances. For this, I am sorry. :oops:
Mido Mido! You're a fantastic player! You really are! I agreed with your decision to nightkill Pendio. If you hadn't. I would have tunneled him the next game day. You did well with what you had, please don't put yourself down! You're the charm of the CCC and and the smiles of Mafia. Keep your head up :D

I'd also like to appreciate @Eduarda. She was by far the most active and devoted player, and in a lot of ways kept the game alive. I remember seeing her say a while back that LG and Johnny were much better players than her, but trust me, you're at least as good, lol. And of course, there was @Ver-go-a-go-go, who together with Eduarda pretty much carried the town and was definitely the MVP for this game in general.
I... thank you. That really means a lot ^^

I do agree with this. It was a pretty clear cut town win, and for reasons which weren't even the Mafia's fault. I'll read the Mafia QT right after, but I think you guys did a terrific job! ^^ Kirino, I wasn't even expecting you to be Mafia. You seemed very town to me. It was basically a coin flip between you and ALIT because both of you seemed town :P

And on that note, @Viral Maze, wow you're a fantastic player. I remember a discussion I had with Sadia like 2 days back. She pointed out how she didn't think you were scum at all. As soon as Koki lied about him investigating Frozen Chosen, you voted Frozen Chosen right there and then. Not even waiting for someone to post their opinion. I was surprised when Sadia pointed that out because wow that's amazing scum play. I think it's actually impossible to pin point you as scum from just your posts XD

But if we follow Linkdude's suggestion about setting up the game to discourage role claiming (I really like his suggestion of fake claims given to Mafia. If the town knows of this it would make every claim suspicious), I think Tristan's scene when Jamie died was too little info. With no information from soft claims or death scenes, the game would be way too hard I think. Town relies on the night scenes especially during the beginning of the game. I think somewhere in between Tristan's previous scenes and his scene with Jamie would be a good medium if roleclaims are countered that game.

And then you jumped in front of her with the cost of your own life :P :P I was laughing so hard when I read the night scene. Like NO WAY, he didn't right??
Tbh, Jamie had no way of knowing you protected me. So saying his night action was useless is pretty mean, imo. I would have done the same thing in his shoes.

Gosh you're too good at manipulation >.> I literally did only one bluff the whole game. And probably my whole Mafia life :P

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
But if we follow Linkdude's suggestion about setting up the game to discourage role claiming (I really like his suggestion of fake claims given to Mafia. If the town knows of this it would make every claim suspicious), I think Tristan's scene when Jamie died was too little info. With no information from soft claims or death scenes, the game would be way too hard I think. Town relies on the night scenes especially during the beginning of the game. I think somewhere in between Tristan's previous scenes and his scene with Jamie would be a good medium if roleclaims are countered that game.
How was that too little info???? There was literally one thing to say and he said it. That was actually a perfect night scene. Idk what info you want...? Did you want the original target to be identified or something? Because that's literally cheating, that's the mod swinging the game in town's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom