• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Mido's lack of activity is really bugging me to be honest. He seemed to be doing a bit of scum hunting yesterday and now he has just vanished with no real reason. It's not just his lack of activity, persay, but the fact that I know he can scum hunt and he isn't.

Storm is also concerning me, he's been posting a bit, but at the end of the day hasn't said much except for a few suspicions without any real reasoning. He's not really helping out the town much and he seems to have just been ignored for the most part. Being ignored seems like a better thing go scum than a townie.

it could

i didn't even realize he had softclaimed until someone pointed it out

if i can pick up on it, mafia is going to pick up on it as well.

I'm a little salty from TF2's softclaims, so I'll refrain from doing so, but you'd just be broadcasting your role to the Mafia, because lets be honest, at ZD we're pretty bad ignoring soft claims. The moment we see a softclaim someone will call attention to it.

I see what you guys are saying and I do think we broadcast way too much about softclaims. The point of softclaim is too secretively/discreetly hint at your role. I've tried doing that in the past, but it was I guess so vague that everyone was confused by it and decided to discuss it instead of keeping it to themselves. That situation, TF2 Mafia, was a little different but I understand the frustration.

Mido's lack of activity is really bugging me to be honest. He seemed to be doing a bit of scum hunting yesterday and now he has just vanished with no real reason. It's not just his lack of activity, persay, but the fact that I know he can scum hunt and he isn't.

I see what you saying, but Mido has done that in the past. Ever since my first game he has done that. He ziplined in to try and save the day after a few days of inactivity. Because of that, I'm not particularly suspicios of him.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Storm is also concerning me, he's been posting a bit, but at the end of the day hasn't said much except for a few suspicions without any real reasoning. He's not really helping out the town much and he seems to have just been ignored for the most part. Being ignored seems like a better thing go scum than a townie.
Sorry ive had work meddling with my life. And frankly i have nothing to add, except i want to know Viral's night Action before i vote

I don't think I trust 5 players at this point since there doesn't even seem to be 5 players who don't want my lynch. The only person I trust right now is you because I know you are town.

I don't think I've played a game with Jamie before. Then again, I don't think I've played mafia in months.

I would expect scum to name off popular assumed townies with perhaps a single mafia member thrown in there. Not naming anyone whatsoever but your accuser sticks out.

Honestly, my top 3 lynch candidates are Me, Jamie, and Patcat. We would all probably provide the most information. of the 3, Jamie is least on my list. I don't particularly think he is scummy but I feel he should be watched as contradictions are not good signs to me. Finding one in Korra 2 is what led town to victory(Even though I was this SK and I believe @Sadia and I offed each other the last night of the game) as I found scum off a contradiction. Obviously my interactions with the patcat wagon and Jamie would reveal info, but Patcat would also be good as well. Mostly for the reasons vergo had stated. Though if patcat flips town, maybe I should be offed the next day or vigged tonight. Assuming I'm not our lynch today. If it does come down to it, I will vote myself, like I stated yesterday. While I think I could do some good for us, I will go with what we want as town for right now as I try to get more reads on people.

I'm used to far more aggressive defenses from ZD mafia, both in past games and what we've seen thus far in this one from players like Jamie.

@Eduarda, I also believe you to be town as well but for my own reasons related to the night. If I'm right about you, then I feel responsible for a death last night.

This is the second claim we've received that people know Eduarda to be town (PatCat and now Linkdude). I've yet to see any convincing fake claiming from a game here, so I'm just starting to kind of default to leaning more towards believing it than not.

Ugh, Linkdude and PatCat both have town leans to me at the moment because of the above, which confirms a worry I've had about ZD mafia for some time now - scum lying low and being borderline inactive has proven to be the most effective strategy in so many games we have here. I've seen in long ago during the beginning stages of ZD mafia, during the not so distant past with the slaughter that almost was Mods vs Members two years ago, and here recently with TF2. We seem to always have two or three mafia members that fly under the radar the entire game due to barely posting and who are only caught during endgame because of process of elimination (if the town is lucky). It's what makes me almost paranoid when it comes to players like Mido, Doc, kokirion, and Kirino; I expect a bit more activity, with Doc making me especially worried due to this being the exact same game he played in TF2.

Has Doc posted at all today? Skimming through, I don't think he has.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally 2.2

The Hero of Legend (1) - Jamie
PatCat (2) - Frozen Chosen, Eduarda

Not Voting: Doc, The Hero of Legend, DekuNut, Kokirion, Viral Maze, Eduarda, Sadia, LittleGumball, DekuNut, Ver-go-a-go-go, Kirino, Mido, Linkdude74, Storm, PatCat

With 17 alive, 9 votes are majority. Day 2 will end Monday, June 6th, 10pm PST (GMT-7).

@HeroOfTime
still needs to make two posts this game day. @The Hero of Legend still has to make one, but since the mentor program just started, he will not be modkilled today.

Also, @Pendio is now mentoring Hero. Thanks for the great idea @Eduarda! :)

Note: @A Link In Time will be replacing Doc. He is exempt from the posting rule for today.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give Linkdude the benefit of the doubt for now. As Vergo said, people on ZD don't usually fake claim, and in my experience, when they do, it's done later in the game, like what kokirion tried in Lineages. The one thing that has me a bit worried about Linkdude is how he tried to deflect suspicion onto Jamie on Day 1, but it could have been an honest effort at townie self-preservation.

I'm okay with a PatCat lynch now that Johnny has flipped town, and I'm getting a slight town read from Jamie. I think a PatCat lynch would elucidate some information about Mido's alignment as Pat has gone after him for almost the entire game.

Two people who haven't been mentioned much that I'm also slightly wary of are kokirion and Kirino.

I do not like that kokirion said a no lynch would have been better than a Malon lynch on Day 1 (#361). I agree that it was pretty clear Malon was town from the lack of a counterwagon, but we gained some valuable information from the order and reasons people voted for Malon, nonetheless.

Kirino is someone that stands out to me for being the last vote on Malon, and saying that he found the Patcat bandwagon "dubious and baseless from the start" (#342). I like his reasoning for calling out Linkdude, but in light of LD's softclaim and Kirino casting doubt on what was a very legitimate wagon, at least for the sake of gaining evidence at the time, he remains an unease at the back of my mind.

Anyhow, I think Patcat is our best option right now, so I'll

Vote: PatCat

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I really don't like my chances here and if my chances aren't good than so aren't the town's. I guess I have to vote someone for there to be even a chance that a mistake won't happen.

Vote: Mido

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Crap! I thought I had already posted twice! Anywho, I currently don't have particularly strong leads on anybody just yet. As for the current candidates, Mido, HoL, and PatCat, I don't think Pat, the top voted, is scum just yet, so I'm not willing to vote him. I also don't wish to add another candidate, so I currently don't wish to vote anyone today. I'll read through the previous posts again, and reconsider if I'll vote.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Tristan, how far can someone go in their soft claim without it being considered a claim? Are they allowed to indirectly confirm or deny people's guesses?
Oh sorry lol, didn't see this before (I had like 10 alerts from this thread alone so it's easy to miss questions haha). I'm gonna be fairly lenient for softclaims so long as they don't get excessive. People should be able to recognize for themselves what kind of softclaims would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom