• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I also am not a fan of this. Saying that because others who are "more experienced" are gunning for PatCat is not a good reason for you to personally vote against him if he comes up. Maybe it's just saying you'd get behind a policy lynch, but I don't like the wording. It doesnot feel right.

I don't think I explained myself well. I was mostly saying that I wouldn't disagree with a PatCat lynch because I can understand why people are suspicious of him. I can definitely see how his posts have an "under the radar" quality about them, but that didn't necessarily strike me as scum. I'm not saying it's impossible that that was the intention of his posts; he may have been trying to avoid attention. So, if the tides turn towards him, I'll definitely lend my vote to help us reach majority. That's all I meant, I hope I explained myself a bit better.

At this point, though, I'm most suspicious of Mido. Due to his "buddying" early in the day and his lack of activity, I'm still leaning towards a Mido lynch.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I skimmed your posts and couldn't see why Mido over anyone else. Mind pointing me to that post, or stating your opinion if you haven't posted it.

But you do. LD mentioned you as scummiest on the Pat wagon. Not scummiest in the game, but just on a day 1 wagon and your response was 3 lightning quick posts with an appeal to emotion.
Your last few posts here too seem desperate. LD was the only vote on you and you're trying super hard to defend yourself.
Are direct votes the only way someone can throw down suspicion? I'm not appealing to sympathy lol, I just seriously don't understand the lynch or why you think as scum I'd play like this? It wasn't about the vote it was about multiple people putting me on their scum list.

Of course I'm going to respond as quick as I can with as much defense as I can. I want to stay alive so I can win the game. I trust my scumhunting and me dying = 1. Less scumhunting and 2. No fun for me because I'm yknow, dead. I always defend myself strongly. Perhaps it's not working especially swimmingly this time but this is pretty standard from me.

Jamie

@Jamie
Why was my post weird? What about my behavior this game is standing out to you that you keep your vote on me?
At this point, not much. I'm open to changing my vote but not open to a no lynch. Not voting at all makes that last scenario that much more likely.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Vote Tally 1.4

PatCat (2) - Mido, Jamie
Storm (1) - Malon
Malon (1) - LittleGumball
Frozen Chosen (1) - Pendio
Pendio (1) - Eduarda
Jamie (2) - Linkdude74, Viral Maze

Not Voting: Sadia, Ver-go-a-go-go, Heroine of Time, Doc, The Hero of Legend, Johnny Sooshi, DekuNut, Kokirion, PatCat, Storm, HeroOfTime, Frozen Chosen

With 20 alive, 11 votes are majority; at least 6 votes are required for a lynch during this day only.

Day 1 will end Thursday, June 2nd, 10pm PST (GMT-7).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I skimmed your posts and couldn't see why Mido over anyone else. Mind pointing me to that post, or stating your opinion if you haven't posted it.

He's been inactive as of late, especially at this critical point. Couple that with him truly starting the wagon on PatCat and the Buddying notion.

I don't think I explained myself well. I was mostly saying that I wouldn't disagree with a PatCat lynch because I can understand why people are suspicious of him. I can definitely see how his posts have an "under the radar" quality about them, but that didn't necessarily strike me as scum. I'm not saying it's impossible that that was the intention of his posts; he may have been trying to avoid attention. So, if the tides turn towards him, I'll definitely lend my vote to help us reach majority. That's all I meant, I hope I explained myself a bit better.

At this point, though, I'm most suspicious of Mido. Due to his "buddying" early in the day and his lack of activity, I'm still leaning towards a Mido lynch.

Agree to your second half, still kind of disagree to the first. You seem too apathetic to the idea of lynching him. I get that you are fine with lynching him if nobody else comes out, but what throws me off is that you don't have any suspicions I can remember you sharing. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I'm getting here. Mind sharing suspicions with me?

Are direct votes the only way someone can throw down suspicion? I'm not appealing to sympathy lol, I just seriously don't understand the lynch or why you think as scum I'd play like this? It wasn't about the vote it was about multiple people putting me on their scum list.

Of course I'm going to respond as quick as I can with as much defense as I can. I want to stay alive so I can win the game. I trust my scumhunting and me dying = 1. Less scumhunting and 2. No fun for me because I'm yknow, dead. I always defend myself strongly. Perhaps it's not working especially swimmingly this time but this is pretty standard from me.

@Viral Maze this is what I meant by Jamie's meta. Even when he's scum, he's more conservative than this. I'm willing to trust him for now.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
[...] I just seriously don't understand the lynch or why you think as scum I'd play like this? It wasn't about the vote it was about multiple people putting me on their scum list.

It only takes one slip. If this was later Day 5 or something, you'd say the same thing Im sure. It's not an exonerating reason. As for it not being about the vote, but rather people being suspicious, I think that is true. Its part of pressure, thus my vote adds more pressure. There was a reason most of us voted you for MU's championship game. I don't think you'd make a mistake openly, but how you act under pressure is more telling.

Of course I'm going to respond as quick as I can with as much defense as I can.
We didn't play any games together in 2015, except maybe Lucid Dream if you were there, so I've just been able to look back at Revival (where you were scum), and in there you had a similar style of posting against Soul. I think you're good enough to keep your meta consistent, especially when that meta is "Be brash, vote people for pressure". It's not like you did much scumhunting after Pat's wagon today.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Right now id go after Mido or Jamie. They are being how they were i. revival, and if theyre not going to contribute then its best to just lynch and move on. Alternatively i believe we should give Kirino some time to catch up then ask for her opinion

Jamie

It only takes one slip. If this was later Day 5 or something, you'd say the same thing Im sure. It's not an exonerating reason. As for it not being about the vote, but rather people being suspicious, I think that is true. Its part of pressure, thus my vote adds more pressure. There was a reason most of us voted you for MU's championship game. I don't think you'd make a mistake openly, but how you act under pressure is more telling.

We didn't play any games together in 2015, except maybe Lucid Dream if you were there, so I've just been able to look back at Revival (where you were scum), and in there you had a similar style of posting against Soul. I think you're good enough to keep your meta consistent, especially when that meta is "Be brash, vote people for pressure". It's not like you did much scumhunting after Pat's wagon today.
Hmm but how much different am I in any other game?

I'll admit I haven't done much scumhunting. I don't think there's much to be done ss all of the discussion has been about a 30 second bandwagon on day 1. Knowing pats alignment would be telling, but at the same time it's hard to get a good enough read to justify a lynch (other than one just so we have /some/ info after day 1.. and a lynch requires 6 votes) because I don't think he's said very much other than "I'm not scum" something something.

LD is playing very true to his meta, he always confuses me lol but I don't see anything weird about him. Legends is new so I can't really get a read. Seems like she is just trying to scumhunt as a newbie. Johnny has done nothing suspicious. Mido was only the 2nd person on the wagon. I don't see why there necessarily has to be some on a wagon that didn't even end in a lynch.

I do hope I am not a vig target. If you want to investigate me whoever the cop is that's fine but as one of the top posters in the game thus far in terms of quantity I would really appreciate me not being a n1 vig target lol. At least allow me to scum hunt for a day or two.

Mido

Version 1
XD awkward. I didn't get the hint it was you >.>
Ignore my post...

Anyway. I'm still most suspicious right now of Mido. Mostly because it felt as if he was trying to buddy people within the first few pages. I'll do my research on him.
Also because he keeps posting in dollhouse mafia that he was so preoccupied with Avengers. Now I know that's "unfair" reasoning, but I can't help but wonder about his role here in Avengers, then. Always think about your overall mafia meta, it might hurt you at other places. It's not so much that I really think he's scum, but he catches my interest

I only posted that once. I admit that I haven't been posting here as often as I would have liked, though. It's been more of a conceptual occupation in that regard.

Mido posting like once and then not posting ever again

Let's be real here: you and I both know that is not weird in the slightest, which is obviously not a good thing. :sweat:

I would like to see another post from @Mido, he kind of up and disappeared a few pages back. I don't know whether he has just not been online or not, but it could be seen as suspicious. So @Mido, what are your thoughts on recent developments? Is there anybody you now consider suspicious other than myself?

@Mido
Who do you think seems suspicious?

I appreciate the tags, guys. Thank you.

Unfortunately, my current reads are more unkempt this time around. The main thing I find intriguing is the small backlash towards Jamie, and I think some of the arguments are intriguing, especially the ones coming from Viral and Johnny. Both have me thinking, since the only thing I can grasp from Jamie is that a solid amount of his defense is meta-based. Still, beyond that, Jamie seems to be rolling along in his usual song and dance. Doc somewhat stands out to me as well, but not necessarily because he went after me. In fact, I think his pursuit on my doesn't seem all too scummy, unless PatCat turns up scum. I'm more intrigued by the notion that he, despite my move towards PatCat, is willing to potentially go along with it even if he did not like the way I presented my early reasoning. (In reference to one of Johnny's points) Not sure what to make of him in the long run, but I feel it depends more on PatCat's alignment. I, I need to manage my time better regarding the development of newer reads.

Pen

The game is on!
You not having opinions
Libk's weird voting about Pat
I haven't immediately counted Jamie as town
Malon
The fact that people would even begin to consider no lynching or using a randomizer
The fact that we even have to talk about using a randomizer
Mido posting like once and then not posting ever again
Malon

plenty of things

I pretty much never have very much to say about the players on day 1.

In your list I guess I can agree with you about the whole randomizer thing, however, that was resolved pretty much right as it was brought up, so I do not think much of it.

Also, Mido is known to have a pretty irregular activity sometimes. :finn:

I think the biggest problem right now is that a lot of us seem to want to lynch somebody today, but we cannot seem to decide on who to lynch. If it comes down to it, I am probably going to help out one of the lynches later on if need be, if only to secure a lynch for the day.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Agree to your second half, still kind of disagree to the first. You seem too apathetic to the idea of lynching him. I get that you are fine with lynching him if nobody else comes out, but what throws me off is that you don't have any suspicions I can remember you sharing. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I'm getting here. Mind sharing suspicions with me?

I posted my suspicions earlier when I first mentioned how I was okay with a PatCat lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom