• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm still a bit suspicious of Mido, because of the way he presented his reasoning against PatCat. I'm not sold that he wasn't trying to buddy with Deku, Storm, and Eduarda.

And as many other said, Linkdude's position on the PatCat bandwagon is scummy. Of the people on that bandwagon, I would be comfortable with his lynch, but that is entirely based on the possibility of PatCat being innocent. So I would rather lynch someone else than Linkdude. I have no suspicion against Legend, btw. This is his first game, and going along with the popular vote is just how new people play. Not to mention we are still on D1, so most "evidence" so far is based on wording, which can be hard to pick up on (I certainly didn't get a scummy vibe from PatCat's post but a lot of yall experienced players seem to think otherwise).

I could also get behind a PatCat lynch, simply because experienced players have expressed concern about his posts thus far. I can understand suspicions about them. PatCat's lynch could also be useful in gaining information as well.

@Storm What are your thoughts on the matter? You've been fairly active in the game, but haven't really shared your opinions of the current situation.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Well Doc, im not entirely sold on a PatCat lynch. I would need to see more evidence. Most times i dont like to vote D1

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
As for the question, almost everyone reads very close to neutral to me. Honestly, you're still the highest (though you've brought that down a bit), and next is PatCat. The only reason being, is that he seems very caught up in the whole quick bandwagon, and the only other thing he has commented on is the Mido buddying theory. He seems intent to not stray away from the idea that one of the people on the bandwagon are Mafia, while also trying to seem neutral about it. This could very likely be the case, but since there is not enough evidence to pick point which one, it would be better to keep the wagon in mind and turn your attention to something else, like Vergo suggested. PatCat could be a Mafia member trying to casually point out to the town that one of those three should be lynched.

I see that as a possibility more so now because he has continued on about his personal vote train. He's carried it farther than I think most have thought it should go.

Patcat's semi-wagon. Mido's reasoning stands out a bit but it seems like fair reasoning for a vote. I'm not doing an isolated read on Mido currently. The other 3, Jamie, LD, and Hero of Legend stood out more.

It's 1am here, and I'm working on a post addressing said wagon. I was going to post my suspicions with this, but seeing as I need to be awake early tomorrow, I'm going to save it for tomorrow afternoon, before work.

I'll just wait for this then.

I think that the players are really separated as to who we should vote for, and there's no uniformity. So getting to 6 players doesn't seem too easy tbh. We could let the most trusted player Random.org a number and everyone vote for that person, if need be. But even if that was a good idea, I don't think there's a consensus as to who is most trustworthy, either. I wouldn't mind a Johnny or PatCat lynch, but also wouldn't be surprised if any of them flips town.

I guess we can start off by everyone giving a list of who they don't want to see lynched just yet. And we can narrow it down from there.

See this doesn't give me good vibes. Random dot org and basically what Vergo said, a popularity contest, aren't good objective measurements, especially at this stage suggesting it doesn't sit well with me.

I'm still a bit suspicious of Mido, because of the way he presented his reasoning against PatCat. I'm not sold that he wasn't trying to buddy with Deku, Storm, and Eduarda.

And as many other said, Linkdude's position on the PatCat bandwagon is scummy. Of the people on that bandwagon, I would be comfortable with his lynch, but that is entirely based on the possibility of PatCat being innocent. So I would rather lynch someone else than Linkdude. I have no suspicion against Legend, btw. This is his first game, and going along with the popular vote is just how new people play. Not to mention we are still on D1, so most "evidence" so far is based on wording, which can be hard to pick up on (I certainly didn't get a scummy vibe from PatCat's post but a lot of yall experienced players seem to think otherwise).

I could also get behind a PatCat lynch, simply because experienced players have expressed concern about his posts thus far. I can understand suspicions about them. PatCat's lynch could also be useful in gaining information as well

I also am not a fan of this. Saying that because others who are "more experienced" are gunning for PatCat is not a good reason for you to personally vote against him if he comes up. Maybe it's just saying you'd get behind a policy lynch, but I don't like the wording. It doesnot feel right.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Have you caught up?

Still working on it, I will never cease to be amazed by the crazy amount of posts that can be generated within a day or two. :eek:

Well Doc, im not entirely sold on a PatCat lynch. I would need to see more evidence. Most times i dont like to vote D1

Voting someone off is very important day one. Really any day, but day one is possibly most important because it starts us off.

Since it's day one, I don't have a strong lead on anyone... or a lead at all on anyone... of course, I could stick to tradition and vote Storm on day one. ;)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Any preference when it comes to Linkdude, Hero of Legend, or Johnny? Obviously you would prefer PatCat, but I'd like to know either way.
I think you forgot to answer this, @Jamie , I'm curious too :)

I'll admit, I've not paid much attention to Malon..... in TF2 mafia he was the ultimate follower - he rarely posted his own opinions, and always went with what was popular/the largest bandwagon at the time. Whereas in that game he was granted 100% town status for the entirety of the game due to an unfortunate day one claim, I doubt he'll find such an advantage in this one. He hasn't struck me as someone who could be an asset to the town later in the game thus far either, and could in fact be detrimental if a mafia member finds their way into a town-leader-like position (which isn't unlikely, seeing as this game is packed to the brim with good players). In a way, I would prefer his lynch over any of the candidates we've discussed thus far, now that I'm thinking about it.
This actually seems like a really good idea, now. I haven't followed TF2 didn't know his play style. The only thing I'm hesitant with is that we haven't seen many interactions with Malon and other players, so I don't know how much his death would help us the next day. He might be a safe target for vig if there is any.

if she meant town or mafia, i dont really understand that. of course they could be either town or mafia, thats the most wishy washy post ever.
Yeah, like Gumball assumed, it meant null read. His actions indicated noobiness, but without knowing PatCat's role, not really alignment imo.

Btw
Unvote
Eddie baby, youre cool for now. But im starting to suspect a few people.
FoS: Malon, Deku-Sama(sorry), Pendio, Doc
I had to back to see who you voted for. Oh my gosh you called me Eddie.

Mind elaborating on your current suspicions?

I think my suspicions on Jamie and Hero of Legend are just about cleared, at least for now. Jamie seems to just have a quickdraw play style and this is Legend's first game. I still don't have enough evidence to lynch Linkdude74, though.
Does anyone else stand out to you, PatCat?

There isnt much evidence for like anyone, but we need a day 1 lynch or we end up where we are right now. Since 6 players are needed or we get a no lynch, I request you do vote for someone this game day.

See this doesn't give me good vibes. Random dot org and basically what Vergo said, a popularity contest, aren't good objective measurements, especially at this stage suggesting it doesn't sit well with me.

The random.org suggestion was me thinking aloud. I wrote that that was a bad idea because of the chance of the most trustworthy player being Mafia, and I tried to find another one.

And for the whole people you'd rather keep, I meant it to be keeping people you think might be town, or have a more town read on. I didn't mean for it to be a popularity contest.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Still working on it, I will never cease to be amazed by the crazy amount of posts that can be generated within a day or two. :eek:

Aight, dats cool. Mind sharing your opinions once you do?

This actually seems like a really good idea, now. I haven't followed TF2 didn't know his play style. The only thing I'm hesitant with is that we haven't seen many interactions with Malon and other players, so I don't know how much his death would help us the next day. He might be a safe target for vig if there is any.

I'm guessing Vergo meant that as away policy lynch, but I could be wrong.

Mind elaborating on your current suspicions

@Storm I'm interested as well. Went back to read some more and this post got me interested.

The random.org suggestion was me thinking aloud. I wrote that that was a bad idea because of the chance of the most trustworthy player being Mafia, and I tried to find another one.

Agreed. It's too, for lack of a better word, random. Mafia is the one place that needs subjectiveness.

And for the whole people you'd rather keep, I meant it to be keeping people you think might be town, or have a more town read on. I didn't mean for it to be a popularity contest.

My statement on this is that at this stage, levels of scum suspicions and reads are so small that ultimately you would be playing favorites. I can see where it could help though. Mafia will ultimately keep their own towards the middle or bottom so we could pick a couple off that way. That's just my whole opinion on that statement.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Malon i always consider scum though thats never the case

Deku-Sama is acting about as normal as youd assume, and thats suspicious

Pendio is Pendio. Im trying to learn everyones play style, and this game is Pendio

And if i dont Suspect Doc, i fear we might not hear from him

I think my suspicions on Jamie and Hero of Legend are just about cleared, at least for now. Jamie seems to just have a quickdraw play style and this is Legend's first game. I still don't have enough evidence to lynch Linkdude74, though.

We really don't have enough evidence to lynch anybody because it's day 1. But it's better to lynch someone day 1 like everyone has been saying.
random.org suggestion was me thinking aloud. I wrote that that was a bad idea because of the chance of the most trustworthy player being Mafia, and I tried to find another one.

I see what your saying. The random.org, in my opinion, seems lazy. Maybe I'm old fashion, but I like to think it over even if we have little to go off of.

Agreed. It's too, for lack of a better word, random. Mafia is the one place that needs subjectivene

Randomness is random. Haha

I'm OK with the suspicion. I wasn't wanting a spotless analysis but more substance in PatCat's posts. Which for the most part we've gotten since the wagon started. One liners are not good in a game where we've started off pretty serious. And with only 3 days to hunt, we need all the substance we can get

I agree that we need substance but it was just one post. Your vote did what you wanted and PatCat has provided better stuff, but that wasn't your reasoning for voting third on him (At least I think you were third...) in the beginning.

Adressing the patcat post, it seems like he's just trying to slide in and make a post but not contribute much himself. so I'm going to go and
Vote: Patcat

You thought he was just trying to slide in after only one post?

This makes me suspicious of Linkdude74 at the moment.

Unvote

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I'm guessing Vergo meant that as away policy lynch, but I could be wrong.
I've only heard the term policy lynch in this game and what I've skimmed through of Puppet Mafia, but I'm not sure what it means. Can you please explain? :)

My statement on this is that at this stage, levels of scum suspicions and reads are so small that ultimately you would be playing favorites. I can see where it could help though. Mafia will ultimately keep their own towards the middle or bottom so we could pick a couple off that way. That's just my whole opinion on that statement.
Yeah I thought it was a good idea because in future days this would be a great reference, but Vergo made me realize in practice it wouldn't work out so well.

I do have to admit now, Johnny has done a good job in lowering my suspicion. I'm not too sure if I would be as willing to back a Johnny lynch anymore.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Eduarda policy lynch means lynching someone as a form of punishment for a mistake or bad playable.

Pendio is Pendio. Im trying to learn everyones play style, and this game is Pendio

So let me get this straight
You are suspicious of Malon because always suspicious of Malon
You're suspicious of me because I'm normal

Youre suspicious of Pen because you're still learning his play style

And you're suspicious of Doc because you think that he'll go inactive if no one does?
FoS: Storm
I'll be honest, there's no good reason for suspecting anyone in that post, and if those are the suspicions you're bringing to the table this late into the day, then you may not even be trying to find scum.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Randomness is random. Haha

3random5me

We really don't have enough evidence to lynch anybody because it's day 1. But it's better to lynch someone day 1 like everyone has been saying.

Who are you suspicious of or willing to lynch?

This makes me suspicious of Linkdude74 at the moment.

Unvote

This confuses me. Why state suspicion and then unvote?

I've only heard the term policy lynch in this game and what I've skimmed through of Puppet Mafia, but I'm not sure what it means. Can you please explain? :)
@Eduarda policy lynch means lynching someone as a form of punishment for a mistake or bad playable.

It's more than punishment. Yes it can be (ie. Lynch all liars, inactives, etc.) but sometimes times it can be done for certain roles (millers, vengeful, etc.)

It's a lynch that aims to remove generally town detrimental play that isn't necessarily scum.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Forgot to reply to Storm

Malon has usually been less helpful to town.

Deku has such a null read for me in games. You got a weird af meta dude.

Pendio is subtle. Need to see more posts from him in this game.

Same with Doc

Pen

The game is on!

What do you mean by "Pendio is Pendio", and by "this game is Pendio"? I would like some further reasoning to your explanation in order to understand.

I unvoted and left the RVS earlier today because I thought the game had moved onto a more serious stage, but day 1 will always just be day 1. At least that is how I see it. I realize now that no matter how serious we try to make this day, there is only so much to base things on. All I really see is straw grasping at this point. Personally I think that resorting to the good old RVS is the best we can do. This is just the first day of a pretty big game after all. Feel free to disagree with me if you want.

Vote: Frozen Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom