• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
In fact, I find it rather strange that EMIYA would question it like that.
I was thinking the same thing too. Thar finding Storm to be even more suspicious after his role claim doesn't make sense at all. And it makes me all the more curious as to what your role is, Mex. Because Thar's post can be seen as defending you.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Unvote because I can't remember if I removed my RVS vote or not

I was thinking the same thing too. Thar finding Storm to be even more suspicious after his role claim doesn't make sense at all. And it makes me all the more curious as to what your role is, Mex. Because Thar's post can be seen as defending you.
I don't quite understand how that makes you more curious about my role though. I could full claim, but I don't see the point, I thought I made it fairly obvious what role I was alluding to earlier on.

If anything, I see EMIYA's post as defending someone he knows to be town, to gain some town cred if I get lynched. But then, at the same time, I'm confused as to why he would then go after Storm, a claimed townie. It really doesn't make sense to me, as a town move or a scum move.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Minish_Link if you had to vote someone now, who would it be?

I don't really have a strong case for anyone. When I first saw this question, I probably would have said A Link in Time, but Mezlo did make an interesting point about EMIYA's post. What I previously pointed out as being odd about ALIT and that makes them the two that stand out the most to me. Though both are pretty weak reasoning.

I will say, I do trust Mezlo's softclaim. He's playing similar to how he does when he is town, and if he is a vengeful role then it would kinda be bad to lynch him this early because it could take two townies out of the game.

I also think that Storm isn't looking too scummy right now, and seems to be playing rather town-like. I've heard about him fake claiming in previous games that I wasn't apart of, but this one would be pretty risky since it would be easy to counterclaim.

I did also just realize that Deku has been laying kinda low this game when he is usually pretty active. That seems a little in line with his scum play, so I'm going to keep that in mind. However, since he hasn't been saying much it's hard to have any type of read on him.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Storm - 1 (Storm)
Mellow Ezlo - 3 (kokirion, A Link In Time, Eduarda)
Miss Cucco - 1 (DekuNut)
A Link In Time - 1 (Bok of the Wild)

Not voting - Libk, Minish_Link, Domozilla777, Miss Cucco, funnier6, EMIYA Shirou, Mellow Ezlo

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, July 24th 2017 at 11:00 PM CEST.

D

Deleted member 14134

Unvote

Storm: I really have no idea what to think of him. His behavior seems really self destructive and I'm not really sure what to make of it. You guys say he's normally like this though. As for his roleclaim, if he really is like this always I can see him taking the chance of there being no town roleblocker if he is scum. Based on his sporadic style I wouldn't write it off as a risk he isn't willing to take. Not saying it's a scumtell but I think we have to view what he says with some skepticism either way.

Eduarda: Seems to be encouraging discussion and throwing in her(?) own reads as well. Right now I think she looks alright

Funnier: Like last game he seems to be active but alot of his posts seem to be quite brief. I was rubbed the wrong way by him last game since he seemed to be encouraging discussion but wasn't adding as much input as I would of wanted him to. This game I have a slightly better feeling of him right now but I'd still like to see him post more of his own reads and opinions.

Mellow: His roleclaim does leave us in a precarious position cuz if it's true and he's town we could lose two townies today. Granted there were three votes on him at the time and he very well could be scum fake claiming to try to save himself for another day or so.

Dekunuts: Posted a fair amount but alot of the non joke posts have been about storm. I'd like to hear his thoughts on Storm and Tristans roleclaims right now. Not too sure how I feel about him right now.

Cucco: Hard to say since shes new. Though I don't like the post above this one saying she's going to sit out. Being new isn't really an excuse for not participating, I'd rather see you learn by playing the game.

Bok: I feel like I'm flying under the radar right now and no one seems to have anything to say to me or about me. Been busy the last few days so I'm trying to catch up but it's hard to collect all my thoughts when I come back to 10 pages of discussion lol.

Minish: Seems to be doing what she normally does. Not the most active but typically her posts seem to have substance to them. Seems to be her usual town play, though I don't think I've ever played a game where she's scum.

ALIT: Not too sure how I feel about him. I already pointed out the problem I had with his analysis post how he didn't really give his opinion on the matter. Also he left out some players in his list and immediately voted for storm after even though there were other people who had also avoided the issue. He did leave funnier off the list, even though he gave his opinion so maybe he just made a mistake and missed some people by accident. And he did take his vote off storm pretty quickly anyways. I'd like to hear more from him.

Emiya: Hasn't posted much but I don't see anything wrong with him.

Kokirion: I think if Mez flipped scum I would feel pretty safe saying Kokirion is town. I feel like analysis on Mez's IGMEOY was abit of a stretch since I've seen mez do that before.

Domo: Played scum last game and made mistakes which led him to get lynched. I feel like if he is scum he could be lying low with all the activity to try to avoid making similar mistakes again. I know there's been alot happening but I'd really like to see something from you before the day ends.

Libk: Very quiet. Said he was busy which I understand and the activity doesn't help trying to get a solid post in. I'd really like to see at least something from him as well before the day ends.

Sorry if my thoughts seem incomplete, there's been alot of reading to do and it's hard to keep track of 12 people when I've been left behind in the discussion.

Hmm, okay, funnier, you voiced your opinion between Libk and Deku. I can give you credit for stating it so early.

Also, for the record, Bok, I am of the opinion that Eduarda's post is scummier than not. She's been known for strong early game starts so to suggest such an easy way out definitely pings me. But I will catch up on the thread now and see what's changed.

The best way to get a solid taste of peoples playstyles is to put in the effort and read through older games, not asking people outright in an ongoing game. Anyway, this argument is going really off topic. Let's get back to the game~~

This suspicion seems to be based mostly on the assumption that Eduarda is mafia, unless I'm reading it wrong?

You're interpreting my statement about mafia wanting to gain potential town cred as scum wanting to bus Eduarda. While that may be the case, I think it's fine for mafia to sheep their suspicion on a townie if it is extremely consensus and try to blend in. So no, I'm not sure Eduarda is mafia, and the actual mafia may still have hopped on the suspicion bandwagon if she were town.

I'm moving kokirion up from a scum lean to a town lean for his reaction to Mezlo's claim. I think there was no need for Mezlo to threaten kill pressure on the people who were on his lynch wagon so early into the game. It's either a risky bluff or just pure desperation. As Storm mentioned, the only town role that fits the bill is vengeful, which is certainly possible, but it feels like the impact of his role is now severely blunted if he is town. The mafia would then know to stay off his wagon if he is lynched some time this game.

For now I'll stay parked on Mezlo. I'm not sold on the EMIYA case that has cropped up recently. As Eduarda mentioned, claiming roleblocker now is suicide as the town very likely have a roleblocker of their own who can counterclaim. EMIYA laid off Storm after the claim, though it sounded like he wanted Storm to channel his aggression into getting scum to vote him before he ultimately claimed later on in the game. Even though EMIYA was awkward in his wording, I don't find him scummy for his stance on the Storm claim.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Okay somebody please tell me, does storm normally role claim like a maniac or does he fake claim? Because if you seriously thought claiming a role right now was a good idea you really are self destructive.
This is far from the first time he's claimed Day One. Sadly.

This is getting intense, think I'll stay out of this discussion for now. There's a lot of stuff in here I don't quite understand.
Why stay out? Why not learn? What do you need explained to you? This type of discussion will happen all game, so if you skip out on anything techinical like this, you may as well skip out on the whole game.

Dekunuts: Posted a fair amount but alot of the non joke posts have been about storm. I'd like to hear his thoughts on Storm and Tristans roleclaims right now. Not too sure how I feel about him right now.
hi friend
My thoughts on them? Tristan's makes sense. It's a safe claim if he's scum, and an important claim in yourf he's town. I'd be down for lynching him tbh, at least if we have no better leads. I don't want to have this WIFOM in front of us all game. Plus, if we eventually decide to take the chance with him, I'd rather take that chance when we're close to the start of the game, because that could be game-ending down the line. For now though, I feel like we could find better. There's no actual reasons to think he's scum. Just a painful WIFOM.
As for Storm... as mentioned above and before, he does it a lot. idk why exactly he did this time, especially since not a ton of people are in line to lynch him for now. I need to go back and look at the circumstances around his roleclaims in the past. I don't remember him fakeclaiming in the past before.
But like i've said (which you've scumread me for before :P) focusing on Storm D1 is a waste of time. A D1 lynch wagon on him won't tell us much about anyone else, and he tends to distract people for long periods of time with his antics. Kill him later, when we have more info. But not D1.
Both of those are easy claims and tbh should die eventually, but maybe not now. When we're basing a read of a D1 lynch based just off peoples actions over the day, I feel like killing based on RCs this early is a bad idea.

Bok: I feel like I'm flying under the radar right now and no one seems to have anything to say to me or about me. Been busy the last few days so I'm trying to catch up but it's hard to collect all my thoughts when I come back to 10 pages of discussion lol.
kill it with fire

[QUOTE="Minish_Link, post: 1099669, member: 83696"
I did also just realize that Deku has been laying kinda low this game when he is usually pretty active. That seems a little in line with his scum play, so I'm going to keep that in mind. However, since he hasn't been saying much it's hard to have any type of read on him.[/QUOTE]
I've had visitors over this weekend, and that tends to keep me from reading. I'll come up with a good post tonight. And also... how is this like my scum play? Don't forget that most of the games you've seen me in I've been scum. I was top poster in Slothia and second in Ordinal Scale, while also being middling in both Anime Girls and Space Balls.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'd rather take that chance when we're close to the start of the game, because that could be game-ending down the line.
I agree with this, I just don't like the fact that he very well could be town and we could possibly lose 2 people today.
But like i've said (which you've scumread me for before :P)
Did I? I'm not denying you I just don't remember, I don't usually think about past games too often.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I'll see if I can come up with anyone else in the morning
If you find anything, please tell us

I don't quite understand how that makes you more curious about my role though. I could full claim, but I don't see the point, I thought I made it fairly obvious what role I was alluding to earlier on.
We know it's going to hurt somebody on your wagon. That's all we need to know. But I think you have the highest chance out of all of us of being scum and this being a bluff. If town has a more safer person to go after, I'll join them. But for now, I don't see anyone better. We're stuck between believing you or having a no lynch/random lynch and not moving forward.

If anything, I see EMIYA's post as defending someone he knows to be town, to gain some town cred if I get lynched. But then, at the same time, I'm confused as to why he would then go after Storm, a claimed townie. It really doesn't make sense to me, as a town move or a scum move.
That's if you're townie, Mex.

If you're town and Thar Mafia, sure, Thar could very well be getting town credit by defending the person who's likely to be lynched and then saying "I told you so".
If Thar is town, regardless of your alignment, it could be Thar showing slight suspicion towards the claim which is completely ok, and wording it too strongly? I'm also not counting Storm as 100% townie. But I think with the claim, he's about 95%. And Thar never cleared anything up after that.
But if you're Mafia, and Thar is too, he could be trying to throw in a last ditch effort to turn attention to Storm and away from you.

A strong variable to decipher his actions is your alignment, Mex. That's what I'm trying to say.

[...] What I previously pointed out as being odd about ALIT and that makes them the two that stand out the most to me. Though both are pretty weak reasoning.

I will say, I do trust Mezlo's softclaim. He's playing similar to how he does when he is town, and if he is a vengeful role then it would kinda be bad to lynch him this early because it could take two townies out of the game.
Do you think we should turn our attention away from Mex, and maybe lynch Thar or ALIT instead as a safer alternative?

I did also just realize that Deku has been laying kinda low this game when he is usually pretty active. That seems a little in line with his scum play, so I'm going to keep that in mind. However, since he hasn't been saying much it's hard to have any type of read on him.
That's an interesting observation. I don't remember DekuNut's playstyle, so I'll definitely keep this in mind through the game~

This is getting intense, think I'll stay out of this discussion for now. There's a lot of stuff in here I don't quite understand.
No no, just tell me if you have any questions :^^: I'd much rather prefer your opinions, even if it's confused or unsure, than your silence.

Anime Girls
Oh my gosh who hosted Anime Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom