• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Nice. I like it a lot. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Thanks, I'm trying my best. XD

Yay! I am caught up now! I've been so busy recently...

I know Saga has wings and a mask, but does Magatha have wings and a mask as well?
At least you caught up, it doesn't matter when you do, better late than never as they say. And uh, I know I still haven't posted a pic of her, but I will draw her and post her up, but here is some info on her:

Magatha has no wings, but like Saga does, she can summon a pair of magical ones at will. And no, she wears no mask but carries necklaces and rings, etc, oh, and a beautiful tiara. For more on her visit the Group, I may post info on her later and the drawing. I'll guide myself from other sign ups you've submitted when drawing her.

Just caught up. I'm excited for more.
Thank you, I appreciate that you read this. And now, here is a tiny chapter.

c7.png

Tartakus

For some strange reason his mother had denied him permission to take a large force to Tartakus' main entrance. Queen Hel had told Saga that the realm was perfectly protected from threats and that there was no reason to worry nor to send a large force to reinforce the forces already guarding the entrance. Even when Magatha, who was the only one present in the throne room, (Ailyth had been nowhere to be found) had begged her mother to allow Saga to go, Hel had shook her head immediately saying they both were better off staying with her for the time being. And so Saga'd had to adapt to a new plan, one which he knew he had to perform that same day.

The demon prince, of course, had not known that Ailyth had spoken to queen Hel in private about his plans, about all she had heard. Queen Hel already knew of Saga's plans but was keeping a low profile, wanting him to carry on with his plans.

Oblivious to that fact, Saga reunited with his two friends in a secluded area outside the palace and explained to them that his initial plan had failed, that his mother would not be sending him out to the main entrance.

"But our plan to leave is still on," he had assured them. "You two be careful and head out to Taarkata, I will conclude my business here and will catch up to you later today."

Sammy had nodded and so had Repiv, the two demons had even been carrying their essentials for the road, although Saga had read fear and doubt in their faces.

"All will be alright," he patted them both on the shoulder. "I will get you to that portal no matter what! Go!"

The demons had left, but they had done it in a normal way and using stealth when they needed to, after all, queen Hel's domain was heavily guarded.

They traversed through barren land, mighty caverns, and even through an area where there rose an eerie grayish mist from holes littered on the ground.

Mountain Taarkata and a series of barren mounds were in sight for the demons several hours later, and that made them smile happily.

"We've made it, Sammy," Repiv cried and hurried his run. "We managed to get here! Come on, lets find a good hiding place!"

"Aye," Sammy had run after him as well, the she-demon very content that they had made it this far. "Now we just have to wait for master Saga!"

"He'll find us! Come!" Repiv shouted, but then he gulped at the sight before him.

From the shadows burst a group of heavily armed demons, with Ailyth materializing in to view in front of them.

"For two traitors you two covered lots of ground in a short time," Ailyth simply said, smiling at the two demons, who had detained their march after having taken notice of their ex-comrades. "I'm impressed!"

"Lady Aily--" Sammy nervously begin, but Ailyth shut her up by raising her hand up and shouting. "Be quiet!"

At a signal from Ailyth, her forces surrounded them soon after, and Repiv and Sammy dropped their essentials to the ground, cursed, and sadly rose their arms up. The high hopes they'd had in getting to visit Midgard died from their thoughts immediately.

*End of Chapter*

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, poor Sammy and Repiv:( I'm starting to hate Ailyth more and more:P lol Keep it up.

Btw, do you still have the picture of Damera I drew? If not, I can email it again.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
oooooh, Sammy and Repiv are busted! i hope their punishment won't be too hard!
Busted! Lolz. No, I hope that their punishment isn't too severe either. :P

Aw, poor Sammy and Repiv:( I'm starting to hate Ailyth more and more:P lol Keep it up.

Btw, do you still have the picture of Damera I drew? If not, I can email it again.

I think I do, but we already spoke about this, you'll post it in the art thread. :) As to Ailyth...yeah, what a meanie. :P

NOTE: I've decided to give the Asgard Legends Art Thread some more use. It died a while ago but I will post art there from this moment on, that only because there might be readers who cannot see it in the AL Group. If you have any art you wish to submit, post it there. ~Ats

c8.png

Tartakus

Saga remained well hidden thanks to a spell of invisibility that his dear sister Magatha had taught him long ago. Still, despite the advantage and security that came with being invisible and having cast a steel skin spell upon himself for protection, Saga remained playing it calm and kissing the stone wall with his back. From where he stood, he noticed everything seemed normal in the main room of the sacred temple, the usual ten guards were there guarding Tartakus' most sacred and valuable piece: the Demon Sword Levantine. Torches set consecutively along the walls lit the room, and a powerful magical dweomer kept the sword protected at an altar in the shape of two winged goddesses with either of them holding an end of the blade.

The guards were not demon like in appearance, rather they appeared to be large, round eyes with five wicked serpents on top. Hel Servant's they were called, but there were other minor ones known as Evil Eyes. They had been created long ago when three of Niflheim's most powerful deities (Hel, Beliza and Medusa) had united forces. With their magic combined they had turned regular angelus prisoners into hideous things such as these. The Hel Servants could physically attack anyone by using the serpents on top, but they could also cast an assortment of spells, heck, Medusa had even given them a minor portion of her petrifying abilities. Because of that the servants could cast a stone spell that if it hit successfully it could turn any being to stone. And so knowing that, Saga had to be careful.

Any other being who knew well about the power of those monsters would have not dared enter the sacred temple, but Saga, who needed to get his hands on the sword, a sword he knew he would need if he was to succeed out there on his own, was not afraid to confront them, not when he had come prepared. The sword he wanted was powerful, so powerful indeed that it even stored Niflheim's stability within.

Niflheim, Saga thought as his hands grabbed two wicked twelve-inch daggers from his waist belt where there hung many more, in fact, the whole belt housed about twelve daggers total. I do wonder what that realm was like.

His thoughts evaporated and he shook his head, he was wasting time with idle thoughts. It was time to claim the sword and be out of there, his demon friends were probably already in the spot where he had told them to be at, or they at least were getting close to arriving there.

Saga picked his first targets, two of the largest eyes who were kind of busy communicating with each other using telepathy. They floated in space just at the other side of the room near a long stone pillar. Those two monsters were probably the ones in charge of overlooking the security within the temple. Saga was not too worried, his daggers, wickedly sharp and magically enhanced to explode upon contact, would do the job.

Saga felt saddened at the fact that in order to get his hands on the blade he'd have to hurt fellow Tartakuns, a thing he had not done in the past, but he had no other choice before him, the servants would never allow him to have the sword without a fight.

With a sigh he resigned himself and came out from the shadows, dismissing his invisible state. "I'm sorry, comrades, but I have to do this!" he shouted, and as he finished his words he sent two daggers spinning towards his chosen victims, who were barely beginning to register his appearance. The daggers hit the two monsters right in the center of their eyes and the creatures exploded into tiny chunks of flesh and blood. The other eight guards motioned to action right away, the serpents hissing wildly. Saga motioned as well, quickly bringing out two more daggers as he ran up to a small ramp that led to the sword. He sent the daggers spinning towards his next targets, the result was the same, two more Hel Servants exploded into nothingness leaving a mess of blood and flesh on the walls and floor. Two servants managed to cast stone spells at Saga, but he rolled out of the way having anticipated such attacks. Saga rose to his feet immediately, for the servants were beginning to surround him. He was fast and very agile though, and two more daggers already were headed towards two new victims.

The daggers Saga sent spinning were thrown with such velocity that they arrived their intended targets in less time than what it usually took someone to say Tartakus, therefore, he rarely missed. Two more servants exploded into a mess, one closest to Saga even bathed him with grime and blood. But Saga did not care, he was already bringing two more daggers out.

Prince, why are you doing this? one of the creatures, using the cover of a pillar well, communicated with him via telepathy.

"Because I need the sword," Saga shouted back, "it's nothing personal."

And again, after heading on over to another point within the room, he sent out two daggers spinning towards two more of them. One evil eye exploded grossly, but the other one was barely able to hide behind another pillar, and Saga, who had just missed, became upset. The dagger clanked against the wall and made it explode, sending large stone blocks and other minor debris flying everywhere, though Saga took the shower of stones easily.

My Prince! Are you mad! one of the remaining servants telepathied, still unable to fathom what was happening. Stop! We cannot allow you to take the sword! We will kill you!

Saga chuckled at that and his magical wings began to appear at his back as he again grabbed two more daggers. "Fool! Then fight! Seven of your comrades are dead already, you think I am playing?"

One Hel Servant suddenly came out of hiding and flew rapidly towards Saga, serpents hissing in anger. Knowing it had to put up a fight, even if it was queen Hel's son who they were fighting, the Hel Servant lurched at Saga, the snakes biting at his arm, which Saga had brought up defensively. They bit him hard and injected him with deadly poison, however, the poisonous substance died in their bites and just oozed down his forearm, never going in to Saga's bodily system.

Saga laughed the bite away and grabbed the servant by one of its serpents, he then tossed the thing against the nearby wall, where it hit full force and burst apart like a pimple, the blood and chunks of flesh again showering Saga, who didn't mind it at all.

Another servant came out and glared at Saga, and in that instant it sent an electric wave his way and caught him completely, however, Saga was invulnerable to it thanks to the steel skin spell he had allocated on himself before the fight. The electric wave died shortly, and the Servant became confused at the fact that Saga had endured the electrical surge without harm.

A thrown dagger made that servant explode into a mess. One more to go, and Saga dove aside, dagger in hand and willing to finish the job.

The last monster did well by keeping safe behind the pillars as it tried to make its way to Saga. Saga evaded several spells sent his way and eventually killed the last guardian by sending a dagger its way.

Soon all was silence, and Saga took the time to check his surroundings. He had made a total mess and knew that perhaps the whole battle had been heard by other nearby guardians. He couldn't waste any more time, so he hurried on over and reached the altar in a few heartbeats, the prince's eyes on the beautiful sword at all times.

Saga summoned a spell aimed to defeat the barrier and reached for the sword, however, his mother's voice coming from behind froze him still.

"I'm very disappointed, Saga." is what she had said.

*End of Chapter*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thanks girls, and HoT, haha. :P

c9.png

Tartakus

Shocked at the turn of events, Saga withdrew his hand from within the barrier and instantly turned around. There, at the main entrance of the room stood his mother with a large number of demon vallans at her side, elite dark-skinned demons who served none other than queen Hel herself. Magatha came rushing through the group, bumping several demons aside, who grumbled threateningly at her. She ignored them and laid her eyes on her mother as she asked, "What is going on here, mother?" Then she became shocked and confused when she saw a blood-covered Saga standing calmly but also warily at the other end of the room. "Saga?!" she cried as soon as she saw him. "Oh my god, Saga, are you alright? What has happened to you--" and she tried to go to him, however, queen Hel rose her hand and detained her with a simple halting spell.

"How did you find out?" Saga simply asked, still unable to understand he had been caught, that his plans were so fast coming to an end.

"Ailyth," Hel simply responded as she brought Magatha back to her side. Saga winced, and his hatred for Ailyth multiplied some more.

"You didn't have to do this, Saga," Hel went on. "you went too far."

"And you did not go too far by forcing me to kneel before a lunatic?" Saga countered, and he spat aside, very disgusted as he remembered having to kneel before Loki.

"I had to do it for our own survival," Hel replied, always keeping herself calm. "Loki would have killed you!"

"Rubbish! I could have defended myself and...if it came to falling to him I would have fallen proudly...but...to have had to endure humiliation, that is something I do not take very well, thus my actions here."

For a brief moment Hel considered her son's words, she knew he had been hurt deeply from the moment he had been forced to kneel to Loki. Hel was very upset and angry at what he had done in the temple, but she kept her composure calm, as she always did.

"I cannot allow you to have our most precious weapon," she said, and Saga, where he stood, clenched his fists in anger, believing a confrontation with his mother was coming.

"Then I will break out of here with it!" he shouted. "You'll have to kill me if you wish to stop me, mother."

"Son!" Hel extended her right hand towards him in a pacifying way. "Wait! You don't have to do anything like that, nor would I ever lay a finger on you or Magatha here, you two are my most valuable treasures! You want to obtain power? You want to go on your own from now on?"

Saga just remained staring back at her, his fists clenched, though he was calming down by the second. Saga nodded at her, barely, but his mother caught it.

"Then there is another way, Saga," she immediately said. "I wont lie to you, my son, it is very dangerous but not impossible, though no one has ever dared to try."

Saga breathed easier just then. What did his mother have in mind? He wasn't afraid of danger, never had feared anything, and so that made him say.

"Tell me about it. But come, mother, dismiss your servants, they seem as if they want to tear me apart!"

Indeed, the demon vallans held angry expressions and seemed like chained rabid dogs, and they surely would have wanted for Hel to give the order for them to kill Saga.

"They have a reason to be upset and angry," Hel explained. "Those who trespass this temple and try to steal our most sacred treasure deserve a slow and painful death at their hands. You, however, are my son, and I am the ruler of Tartakus, I grant you my pardon."

"Then dismiss them quickly or I will not be able to take their stares much more and will engage."

The demon vallans laughed and chuckled graciously, as if Saga was a mere boy compared to them. Saga's eyes glistened with the promise of death, and he even took several long strides forward, his hands bringing out more daggers.

"Enough!" Hel shouted, the demons behind her growled angrily.

"Dismiss these idiots and let us talk this out like one harmonious family we are, or else there will be another blood bath here and now. I'd never harm you, nor Magatha, but I swear I'll leave your guardians in pieces."

Again, many demons growled at the insult and Saga kept going towards them.

Hel granted her son his wish, only because she did not doubt his words, he was pissed and if he had already defeated ten of her Servants, he would defeat more if let.

She dismissed her elite demons, although some complained, but they left the room along with the others, but not before giving Saga stares that promised death.

"Yes, you all go on and get the heck out of here, be glad my mother dismissed you, otherwise I'd be having my fun with you fools!"

A few demons turned around, willing to go engage Saga, however, Hel's eyes glistened dangerously at them and they cowered immediately, turned back around and continuing filing out through the entrance.

Saga made it to where his mother and a very nervous Magatha stood.

"Heh, fools." Saga still had his eyes on the departing demons. "They act all high and mighty because they are ranked as elite vallans."

"Enough, my son, they have left."

"Good," Saga said, putting his daggers back in their respective holsters. "Tell me of this other option you spoke about, mother. Oh, and are my two friends..."

"They live, Ailyth has them in her power and will bring them shortly, I can't assure you that I will be letting them live, though--"

"Why not?" Saga was quick to ask. "I lured them into my plan, forced them, really, they have nothing to pay for. You will let them go."

Hel knew Saga would have it no other way, not after today's event. "We will talk about this once we are within my chamber," Hel looked around the room. "Not here, it is a mess. I will have someone come clean this mess up, you two head back to the palace and wait for me there."

Saga nodded and then grabbed his sister's arm. "Come, Magatha, you heard mother."

Magatha nodded and followed, and during the return trip to the palace she not only cleansed Saga of the blood and grime using her magic, but she also asked him about what had driven him to take the sacred sword and defy his mother. Of course Saga recounted every motive he'd had, and Magatha nodded, understandingly.

"Ah, brother, I'm just glad you are well," she said when they made it to the inner hall of the palace. "You did bad trying to take the sword, you could have died, you know? Can you imagine how I would have felt if you had died?"

"I'm fine, Magatha, and all is well, mother has another way for me to acquire all that I want. I wish to hear what it is."

Together they waited within the confines of their mother's private quarters, with Saga having to scare away the two brutish demons keeping guard at the door, for they wouldn't let them enter, but once Saga started bringing his daggers out they left running and shouting for help.

*End of Chapter*

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Now, if my parents ground me for two weeks from computer........I wonder how long an immortal godly mother would ground him.....XD

EDIT: You posted a new chapter right after I commented. Nice job on the new one.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Yay! New chapter! You seem to just be loading them out Ats. Wow. Great chapter by the way, it seems like Saga isn't as dead as we thought he would be. I wonder what the other option is...

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
SOOOOOO good!!!! I was really confused for a few chapters because I thought that Sammy was my character but then I realized Sammy was gerudogirl's character..... haha rofl Great chapters Ats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom