• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You a Neat Freak?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
C Buttons

i don't know if this has already been made but what items do you like or have t oput in certain positions on the c stick I prefer it to be:
c left
hookshot
c down
bow and arrows
c right
ocarina

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Interesting, I guess I do have a few c-button items which I always put on the same button. I never really thought about it. :xd:

Well, in OoT and MM the only item I had to have out no matter what was the ocarina, and I usualy put it on the c-left button. It felt like things were more in 'balance' so to speak when I had the ocarina there.

As for other items, I would say that I usually put the Bow & Arrow, Hookshot, Great Fairy Sword, Megaton Hammer, and transformation masks on c-down. I guess I tend to group things like weapons on c-down.

Other random items like quest items, bottles, magic beans and non-transformation masks are usually on c-left.

As for the Gamecube games, I noticed I put weapons on Y, and random items on X, with the Wind Waker being on Z in WW. In Gameboy games, I tended to put the sword on B and everything else on A. :D

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Ive always like supersilly put the ocarina on c left but I almost never move it the hookshot bow and arrow and ranged weapons on C right bombs the megaton hammer and all heavy explody items go on C down In MM however I moved the bow and arrow down to C down and always kept a mask on c right I cant remember very well it might have been the other way around.

Shnappy

derp
Um, in OoT, correct?

Well, it usually depends on what I am doing. Different parts of the game require different items, and those items are what I'm putting on my C buttons, or C stick, as I've only played OoT on the Gamecube. But I'll refer to them as buttons.

Although, when I'm just going around, at a time where I don't need specific items, particularly post-game, and just having fun, I'd probably go with the Megaton Hammer, the Bow loaded with either of the 3 types of arrows, usually light, and the ocarina. I have these because the Megaton Hammer and the Bow are my two favorite combat items in the game, and the Ocarina is solely for transportation purposes.

If I was playing MM, (which also has C buttons! =D) I'd have the same things except the Megaton Hammer would be switched with probably one of the three transformation masks (excluding Fierce Deity) and usually either the Zora or Goron Mask. Though, if I had the Great Fairy Sword, it would probably fill the spot of either the bow or the mask, or possibly the Ocarina. I guess I just switch around a lot in MM.

Usually, though, I don't have the same items on the C buttons. It usually just fits with what I'm doing, as I said, and it's not something that I pay too much attention to.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I'm not sure whether you are talking about Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Since all of the items you listed are in both of the two games. So I'll just go through both of them anyway.

Ocarina of Time:

For the C-Left, I usually put the Ocarina of Time there. I use it to play songs when I'm bored, to transport to different places around Hyrule and I just keep it there when I'm messing around. If I don't have the Ocarina of Time yet, I have the Fairy Ocarina from Saria there.

For C-Down I have either the Bow and Arrow (as adult Link) or the Fairy Slingshot (as young Link). If I have any enchantments for the Fairy Bow I have Fire Arrows or Ice Arrows out, since I really love those. I really need a ranged weapon and these two are good for me. The Fairy Bow being my favorite weapon in the game because of it's enchantments.

And finally, for C-Right, I have either the Longshot/Hookshot or the Megaton Hammer as an adult, and as a child, I have the Boomerang to collect heart pieces are other things. The Longshot/Hookshot is useful in dungeons and sometimes for reaching certain places and the Megaton Hammer is purely for fun. I like smashing enemies down with this baby. :D

For Majora's Mask:

In Majora's Mask I have the Ocarina of Time set in C-Left, like in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Like in OoT, I have it there for traveling purposes and for the other reasons I mentioned just before. If I am in a dungeon, I'd usually replace this with the dungeon item or a transformation mask.

For C-Down, I'd have the Bow just like in Ocarina of Time as well. I try to get as many arrows as possible, but I usually don't use enchantments because I like to save my magic as much as possible in Majora's Mask unless I am using Light Arrows to collect money. If I have a transformation mask out, it changes.

Lastly, for C-Right, I have the Bunny Hood. It is really helpful in Majora's Mask. It makes Link lightning quick which is a plus because of the time limit. I'm not really a fan of rolling around as a goron, because as I said before, I like to save magic until I need it most. If I have a Transformation Mask out I'd change this since none of the transformations can use the Bunny Hood. For Deku Link, I'd use the Ocarina of Time (since as I stated previously, I swap the Ocarina for Transformation masks), for Zora Link, I'd have the Ocarina as well. For Goron Link I'd use the Powder Kegs or again, the ocarina.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
it doesn't matter what game but in that case

MM:
c right
Ocarina
C down
transformation mask or bow and arrow
C left
non transformation mask Longshot

WW:

X
Windwaker
Z
Boomerang or hookshot
Y
Bow and Arrow

Kazumi

chagy
You may know what I'm getting at here. If you don't, then here it is: Are you like me, and HAVE to have certain items equipped to certain buttons, or any button?

My friends think I'm kind of insane that way. I HAVE to have some items equipped. And some items must ALWAYS be equipped, and to a certain button. Are you like this at all? I will list the games where I have this habit, and what items they are.

Twilight Princess:

B: Boomerang
Down D-pad: Iron Boots
Right D-pad: Bow and Arrows
Left D-pad: Double Clawshot

TP is probably my extreme when it comes to this. I always, not matter what have the Bow, Double Clawshot and Iron Boots equipped. Always. The Boomerang is the one item I switch out if I need to use something else. And, the Iron Boots are always, always on the Down D-pad. Always.

Wind Waker:

Z: Wind Waker
X: Sail (When in the overworld) or Anything (When in Dungeon)
Y: Bow and Arrows

Wind Waker isn't to bad for this. I always, always have the Wind Waker on Z. When in the overworld I always have the Sail on X. And the last one if pretty interchangeable, but it's often the Bow.

Majora's Mask:

Down C: Ocarina of Time
Right C: Bunny Hood
Left C: Any (Often Hookshot or Bow)

In Majora's Mask I'm not to bad. I always have the Ocarina on Down C, but I got this from OoT.. It's just a habit. And the Bunny Hood I will almost always have on Right C, but I will often have other things as well. And the last one is pretty much anything.

Ocarina of Time:

Down C: Ocarina
Right C: Any
Left C: Any

I'm pretty unspecific in OoT. Again, I always have the Ocarina on Down C. Just like MM. But the others can be pretty much anything. Often the Bow or Hookshot though.
----
So. Anyway. Are you a neat freak that HAS to have some things equipped? Because I sure know I am. List and discuss your item habits here. I checked and didn't see any other thread about this.. So. Yeah.
Also. I realize that this isn't really being a neat freak.. But I couldn't think of a better title.. Or a way to describe it. I think Chrono describes it quite well..

Last edited:
For Twilight Princess, as long as I have the Gale Boomerang, Double Clawshot, Bombs, and Hero Bow out on B or the D-pad I'm good.
For Majora's Mask, I always need the Ocarina of Time on the Left C-button, the Hero Bow on the bottom, and the hookshot or a mask on the right.

Wind Waker on land: Boomerang or Hookshot on Z, Hero Bow on X, and Bombs on Y
Wind Waker on boat: Sail on Z, Wind Waker on Y, Boomerang on X.

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

In Ocarina of Time:

C > = Ocarina
C v = Bow & Arrow/Slingshot normally, but anything really
C < = Hookshot/Boomerang

In Majora's Mask:

C > = Ocarina again
C v = Any (masks go here in particular)
C < = Hookshot

In Wind Waker:

In boat: Z = Sail, Y = Wind Waker, X = Boomerang/Bombs/Claw/Telescope

Other than that, on land in WW and in TP, I generally don't mind where anything goes.

That isn't being a neat freak. That is something we called OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). And no, it never bothered me which item was in which slot.

Zarom

The King
Eh, it's fun to see that I'm not the only one who does that.

In Twilight Princess (Gamecube version):

Y = Bow/Clawshot
X = Spinner/Gale Boomerang

In Wind Waker:

Z = Wind Waker
Y = Boomerang (or any other)
X = Sail (when on sea)/Deku Leaf

In Majora's Mask:

C < = Any masks/Bow
C v = Ocarina
C > = Bombs

In Ocarina of Time:

C < = Bow/Slingshot
C v = Ocarina
C > = Bombs

But often, it depends of the area, if I'm in a town, I will equip different items than if I'm in a dungeon or on sea/travelling, etc. ;)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Yeah I'm a huge neat freak. In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask I always have the Ocarina equipped to the left c button, projectile (hookshot/bow/slingshot) to the right c button, and bombs to the down c button.

I also compulsively collect all the rupees, bombs, and other such things that enemies drop (resulting in a very rich Kokiri).

I used to always just use my b button for items in Twilight Princess too but eventually I found it too tedious and began to use my control pad for them.

Not to mention in Wind Waker when I sail I always have the Wind Waker equipped to Z, the Sail to Y, the Grappling Hook to X, and when I have my boomerang I always have it on.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well I don't have to have certain items for every single button, but there are a few buttons that I have reserved for certain items in the game. Like for instance, on OoT and MM I have the right C button designated as the button for the Ocarina and on WW, my Z button is used as the button for the sail of the boat. On MC, I know that I had the sword on the A button most of the time except for when I needed that button for something else. I can't remember having any button reserved for anything on TP. I don't think I had one on that game.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
In WW, Sail always is X. Wind Waker was always Y when I used it, as was the telescope. (which I used wayyyy more than I think the creators intended...)

I didn't notice any particular patterns in OoT or MM.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I didn't think I was bothered what buttons I had things on, until my brother went and switched a bunch of them around by accident, and I raged at him because I couldn't find the hookshot. *paranoid eyes*
In OoT/MM I'm okay AS LONG AS projectiles are set to c-right. In TP, I always have the iron boots on d-pad down. Always. I'm worst in WW though.

But despite that, I always seem to have certain items equipt... in TP, I always have the iron boots, the double clawshots, the bow, and for some odd reason usually the lantern too. But like I said, I'm really bad in WW...
Exploring/dungeoning: Y-boomerang, X-arrows/swapout button, Z-Wind Waker.
Sailing: Y-Sail, X-grappling hook, Z-Wind waker.

Hell could freeze over, and I'd still have those settings on Wind Waker... I'm glad PH and ST only allow for some item at a time xDDD On a side note, I always make sure I'm super stocked up on everything, bombs, arrows, potions, fairies, magic, you name it, even if I'm only, say, going fishing. Is anyone else like this? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom