• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link AoL, Your Personal Least Amount of Deaths Record for a Playthrough

Hello Everyone, his is my first thread on the forums. I am a long time lurker, I finally created an awesome avatar , so I am on the forums now.

Just wanted to first give a little back story information about me and this game. When I was a young kid about 6 or 7, I first saw a Nintendo at my rich cousins house they had Mario and Duckhunt going on and I was amazed, when I first played Nintendo I was instantly addicted/in love. Now my friends eventually got their NES system before me, but one of my friends had TLoZ. We would both spend hours upon hours on that game, not even knowing where anything was at, back then if you didn't have Nintendo power magazine or call their hotline, you had to just find out secrets on your own with your friends. Well anyways, I finally got a Nintendo packaged with Mario and Duckhunt, and I knew I had to get that Zelda game, it was my favorite game at that time. So I told my grandparents to get me Zelda for Christmas, grandparents were cool for stuff like that. So Christmas day finally came and I already knew they got it for me, I was just waiting in anticipation, you know how it is when your a kid you can't even sleep on Christmas night when you have such a present like that waiting on you. Woke up, opened that babby in anticipation, and whats this? The Legend of Zelda, The Adventures of Link? wats dis? I was pretty exited, OH THERE IS A SECOND ZELDA GAME WOW, THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!(sorry for the caps). Okay long story short, I couldn't make it past death mountain. That game was definitely "Nintendo Hard", and too hard for a 6-7 year old kid like me.

Anyways, since I have gotten older and better at video games, LoZ is not much of a challenge like it was back then. But I have to give it credit for my first Zelda game that I owned. You can play through this whole game in one or two sittings, its not that long really. If you really wanted to get good at this game once you memorize where every creature is at, and the correct tactic to defeat them, you could really blow through this game in a day without loosing many lives, and if your really good no lives.

My personal record is 12 death for a playthrough, I have only played through the whole game twice though. I just want to know what your death count is for a single playthrough. After I had beat the game once already and I knew the tactics and positions of the monsters, It felt much easier the second go.

Last edited:
Playing the game properly (on Wii, not using the Home button to 'save') I got 34 before beating it...

Playing the game on the Wii using the ability to 'save' between sessions, I'm currently at 22 deaths and attempting to take on The Great Temple.

Since playing/beating AoL for the first time a few months or so ago, I've beaten it countless times.
To me, it has become a very addictive game. Almost meditative.

My AoL record now, is making it to the valley of death - with no deaths,
then losing two while passing the valley, then entering the great palace
with barely enough health to make it past the first "Fotails",
thus losing one life in the great palace - so total of 3.

If I collect some Link dolls, I can now safely beat the game with a "0 deaths/no Game Over" in the "counter"
(or whatever it's called) by the name on the start screen.
I now, almost always make it to the valley of death without losing a life.

One goal of mine would be to improve on the valley of death trek and make it past with no deaths,
but I always get to eager to just pass through as quickly as possible, I never have enough patience
to take on the annoying enemies and risk falling into the many fire pits, so I never really learn any
skill in how to beat the enemies here. The great palace no longer is any problem for me, I can finish
it withouth losing life, so if I can improve on the valley trek, there would be a chance to beat the
game with 0 total deaths, and that would be something.

I don't know, I've only played the game once and it was a while ago. I do know I had many, many game overs, though.
On a similiar note, while it is a difficult game, it is really nothing special as far as the NES goes, and I consider the first Zelda to be much more challenging. AoL definitely does not deserve the "near impossible" rap that it's been given, it's really quite manageable.

I don't know, I've only played the game once and it was a while ago. I do know I had many, many game overs, though.
On a similiar note, while it is a difficult game, it is really nothing special as far as the NES goes, and I consider the first Zelda to be much more challenging. AoL definitely does not deserve the "near impossible" rap that it's been given, it's really quite manageable.

Yea I totally agree with you on that, there many many Nintendo games that were much harder/broken.

Yay, new personal best tonight: 2 deaths (both in the valley of death, where else...o.0)

Everyone, I think I'm on the verge of getting through the whole game using no continues. I've never done that before. :D

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I don't remember my death count, but by the time I had beaten that game...I died a WHOLE FREAKING LOT. AoL is really difficult (for me) and it kicked my *** on several occasions.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I remember the first time I beat AoL, I died around 37 times. :lol: Now, I think my personal best is around 10, possibly less.

S

southwind

my best is 1 death and i bet everyone knows were i died.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
ugh, I SUCK at AoL and probably never will beat it. I havent beaten the first dungeon. But my best for ALTTP is 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom