• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Any Graphical Styles That You Would Like to See?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If it's one thing that Zelda is infamous for is the changes in the sales and themes of its separate installments. Most games within the series can differ from their counterparts and this can be good and bad. In a way it's nice that Nintendo can freshen up the franchise but one the other hand it just feels like experimentation instead of true progression.

One aspect that Zelda likes to toy and experiment with is graphical styles, more so in modern Zelda and it seems like the franchise is never going to stick with just "one" style. I see good with this and I see bad as I mentioned before but I still think, with the way that Nintendo work, that they're going to continue this trend with future instalments.

So where next? Well essentially that isn't really the question within this thread, the point of this thread is for you guys to voice your opinion on any "new" graphical styles that you would like to see in a Zelda game. It doesn't have to be a specific style, so to say, but just any ideas that you think would work in a future Zelda game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Bam. Battlefield's graphical style would be perfect for the series in my opinion. We're going towards more nuances regarding facial expressions - I know voice acting is quite a ways off but we still have the basics for cinematic action. This graphical style would mean we get much more fluid animations (or rather we might get much more fluid animations), we'd see emotion in a more realistic way, and it'd attract many players. There's nothing in this that will cause Nintendo to hurt.

BF3_Iraq_city.jpg

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Oh, I don't know. A combination of realism (such as Twilight Princess, but even more so) and the color variations of Skyward Sword (though not quite as bright, cheery, and cartoonish) would probably be the ideal style.

This exactly.

I wouldn't like anything super realistic, but I also don't like cel-shading and toon styles.

I'd REALLY like too see the E3 Demo art style. And also the Majora's Mask Wii U fan video :).

Also, what about Xenoblade's art style? Somewhat detailed and realistic but still has a lot of colors. I think I'd really like that in a Zelda game :).

xenobladequiereir_235185.png

Hyrule Field :).

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Check it: Final Fantasy XIII graphics. The field looks drab (a la Twilight Princesss) but only because the weather in that instance is Stormy; i.e there's a lot of dust in the background (and foreground). Bam. Perfect graphical style for Zelda Wii U. ;)

ffxiii2-dec01-22.jpg

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hire Tim Burton! Everyone wants a dark, moodier Zelda; have a Tim Burton'd Zelda. And have Link be played by Johnny Depp, Zelda played by Helena Bonham Carter, and Ganon can be Alan Rickman. Boom!

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I'd love to see something realistic, but not dark. A world full of rich, colorful tones but not to the point of playfulness. I just want to see this breathtaking world full of color and light without sacrificing detail. Do you guys remember how sweet the world of Twilight Princess looked at sunset, with that warm, rich golden light over everything? Turn the color meter up to eleven and amp up the graphics. That's what I want to see, all the time.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I've always adored the cross between realistic and anime art style (like TP), but I liked the vast palette of Oot/MM and SS. Really, cross those three together and you'll get my perfect graphic style.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
My first choice is simply SS's style, upgraded to get rid of some of the technical difficulties and smooth everything out.

But other than that.... I'm gonna hafta agree with Spirit, I absolutely am in love with Studio Ghibli, and having them take over the artistic design would be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom