• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Chance of the Wind Waker Being Released for the Wii?

hello all,have just signed up here. i haven't been a long time zelda gamer (i only really got into the series with the wind waker/twilight princess.i have played link's awakening, and also ocarina of time when it was released for n64). although i have been gaming since the mid 80's (am 37.my first computer was a commodore 64).
i would really love it though if nintendo would release a version of the wind waker for wii.it isn't easy to find a copy of the game any more (cannot order online either as no credit card). i really feel that the game deserves a wii re release as it along with twilight princess are my favourite zelda games (although i am very much loving skyward sword).still getting used to the new (to me) control system (i only recently played/bought a wii console). am currently at laneru(?!) mine level. thanks for reading my drivel :D :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't think there's any chance of this happening, because Wind Waker can already be played on the Wii, albeit with Gamecube controllers still. Unless you meant it being converted into a motion control-based game, but even that is mostly prone to not coming true. I'm sorry to say that, yet even though Nintendo has worked on rereleasing several Zelda titles, Wind Waker should really stay on one main system. They'd probably center their attention on making new titles in place of mass reproducing old ones anyhow, but that's just how I see it.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
technically it already is playable on the Wii, due to the ability to play Game Cube games on the Wii... but I do not think that Wind Waker will be specifically redesigned to accompany the Wii's controls. I got my copy of Wind Waker at a Pawn America for 5 dollars... But even if Nintendo did in fact release a Wind Waker specifically for the Wii, I think it wouldn't be THAT popular, because so many people would have probably already played the original, therefore, making it a game that not a lot of people would need. I don't mean to seem harsh, but it's just my opinion. You can agree with it... you can not. I don't care. Peace off, and Dark Hero out!

well am i slightly behind the times or what (i didn't know that there was a wii u until windwaker101 reply :embarrassed:
i have just seen the zelda demo for the wii u on youtube.WOW! is all i can say :D i think that i will be saving up my pennies for a wii u now ;) hopefully as said,the windwaker will be re-released on it then :yes:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
well am i slightly behind the times or what (i didn't know that there was a wii u until windwaker101 reply :embarrassed:
i have just seen the zelda demo for the wii u on youtube.WOW! is all i can say :D i think that i will be saving up my pennies for a wii u now ;) hopefully as said,the windwaker will be re-released on it then :yes:
It is going to be a hot wanted item ;

No, I don't think WW will be released for the wii as a wii game. But maybe for the 3DS or wii U as said before. I most likely see it going to be released for the 3DS like what happened to OoT.

I highly doubt it. There's no reason to remake it for the Wii, especially because of the drastically different control schemes. The earliest I can see it being re-released would be on the Wii U's Virtual Console, which I would expect to be very cheap compared to getting it online.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't see any chance of this happening. You can already play it on the Wii through using a Gamecube controller, so I'm saying no on ths.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule

that was a Wii U tech demo to show off what the Wii U will be capable of, not a demo of a Zelda game that is in production. they may end up turning it into a Zelda game but i doubt it. they did the same thing to show off the GC

OT: i[d prefer OoT being transferred to the Wii

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The wii is dead now. There is absolutely no need for them to release any more games for it because they just will not sell. One of the important nintendo people said they could do something with the Wind Waker for wii u. You'll just have to wait until then or get a GC copy.

A little known fact about The Wind Waker is that it was once planned to be released on the Wii - with a slightly enhanced control scheme - as a part of the New Play Control! lineup. The NPC! line, known as Wii no Asobu in Japan, was a venture by Nintendo to upgrade several GameCube games for release on the Wii; this meant graphical improvements, motion controls, and in some cases, extra content. Only five NPC! games were released in the US. As for others... Unfortunately, the NPC! lineup was discontinued at some point in 2009 due to poor sales and lack of popularity, which is likely the reason the "Wii-make" of The Wind Waker never saw the light of day.

That being said, it is an absolute certainty that The Wind Waker will never be re-released on the Wii. This has most to do with the end of its life, and the impending release of the WiiU. In other words, the Wii is almost as good as dead...

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I doubt that this will happen, as Gamecube games are backwards compatable with the Wii. The Wii U will have Gamecube games on it's Virtual Console, though, so I'd have my fingers crossed for an appearance on VC.

thanks for all your replies.some great news (for me anyway).i have reserved a special edition copy of windwaker from an online shop (the gold case version with oot/master quest bonus disc).it's going to cost £40 odd pounds,but am happy to pay the price to be honest (it really is one of my favourite games of any genre/and i go waaay back to the good old days of the commodore 64 :-).am just glad that some shops still will accept a postal order.anyway i'll shut up now. (goes off to practise my baton/conducting skills)

I most likely see it going to be released for the 3DS like what happened to OoT.

I don't think that's gonna happen. The Zelda game that has more chance of being on the 3DS is Majora's Mask. The Wind Waker has a higher chance being on the Wii-U.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
At this point, you can forget the Wii and start thinking about the WiiU... D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom