• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Bad Zelda Games (Excluding CDi)?

HAve you ever played a bad Zelda game, excluding the CDi titles?

• All of Them are Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4 Bad Games

• 3-7 Bad Games

• 7-14 Bad Games

• They All Suck

• Total voters

Austin

Austin
I'm really not a fan of the Wind Waker. I found sailing impossibly boring after a short while, the dungeon designs were uninspired, and it was too easy. Also, I'm one of those people who despised the graphics switch.

I'm really not a fan of the Wind Waker. I found sailing impossibly boring after a short while, the dungeon designs were uninspired, and it was too easy. Also, I'm one of those people who despised the graphics switch.

THIS times 1000

I could give you an entire laundry list of reasons, that are actually warranted and make sense (really, I'll re-create if just one of you wants me to). But those are the main points right there; dungeons/main quest length/sidequests/difficulty/sailing/bosses/overworld. Graphics and mood can be tacked on too.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I don't think any of them are BAD, but I do think that some of them aren't quite up to the Zelda standard, like FS and FSA. PH and ST were also kind of a let-down for me but I think the reason for that is because I was expecting an epic, full-blown adventure that chronicled the discovering of New Hyrule, and it turned out that New Hyrule wasn't anything like I expected -_- This hurt because WW is tied with aLttP as my favorite game, so I had very high hopes for the sequels... My hopes were too high for a couple of handheld games I guess.

I also didn't like OoT too much and really had to force myself to play through it, I think the reason for this is because I played TP before OoT which is something I probably shouldn't have done...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like all of the Legend of Zelda games I've played so far. Even the ones that I have found frustrating (*coughMajora'sMaskcough*) were very entertaining.

I also was a kid in the era of Nintendo Hard. I played the LoZ and Zelda II *without* FAQs. A lot of people complain about Zelda II, but, really, the secret to that game is to be paitient with it. In that game, you have to level-grind - kill enemies to raise your life/magic/attack levels. Also, if you fall into the wrong hole in one of the palaces, you have to just make a mental note of it. The high level of challenge can actually be very fun if you're just paitient. Beating that game tastes like true victory and is worth it.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
AoL was the only bad Zelda game I played. It's incredibly difficult because beating it relies on leveling up in different areas rather than figuring out puzzles. Also the clues to the game are very vague, but that's probably because it's so old. And there are some places that you want to simply return to without having to walk through a horde of monsters, but that's not possible. And last, in order to save, it requires that you die and quit the game. If you die and continue but quit while the game is still going, you lose ALL your progress. This is not only my least favorite Zelda game, it is one of my, if not my, least favorite games.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I won't say any of the games are bad because I can see the value of each of them. There were a few I didn't like, namely LoZ and AoL. I didn't like LoZ because I'm one of those people that really likes a story in game, and LoZ just seemed so...well I had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it. However, I can't say it was bad simply because I can't expect much more from a game of that era. AoL, well I just plain hated dealing with a leveling system, coupled with the lack of an engaging plot, but I can't say the game was bad just because I didn't like it. Also, I've heard some negative things about FS just because of the annoying multiplayer aspect requiring so many wires, but I can't actually say for myself having never played it.

So yeah, I won't say that any of them were "bad", frustrating maybe, but judging by relative quality of game design, none of the ones I've ever played I could consider bad.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I wasn't too crazy about Twilight Princess. Mainly because of some really shallow development of important NPCs (but there was so much potential), and some faulty gameplay like the shield attack/sword spin issue.
It's still a wicked fun game, and I don't mind replaying it every now and then despite its flaws. =)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I think everyone here knows by know about how I can't stand LttP. Otherwise, I think they're all great (well, the ones I've played anyway). :)

I've always thoguht of it as funny how I hate (one of) the most popular Zelda games, and tend to love the Black Sheep (AoL and MM).

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
All of the games were fantastic. There is a controversy of whether or not some of the games are easier than others, but the with compelling stories that Nintendo concocts, the level of difficulty cannot take away from the story nor the feeling you get when you play the games. The fact that Nintendo can draw an audience as large as it is, says how fantastic the games are. You can say that some things weren't as good as others and things like that, but when it comes right down to it, Nintendo has been ahead of its time with the Legend of Zelda series.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
It's a matter or preference. That pretty much sums up whether a game is bad or good.

To me, all games are great, despite their flaws and their undesirable dungeons, features etc. Most people hate PH because it was too easy, but I find it appealing, despite it's easiness. Most people hate WW because of Link being too childish and cartoony, and maybe it's a Cell-shaded Zelda. There are serious Zelda players out there, and some of them hate the fact that link looks like a cartoon. But I see WW as innovative, as seeing Link's various facial expressions and comedic reactions of monsters. Majority of people hate AoL for a good reason, it's difficulty. I find that game appealing because of it's difficulty. A game that is difficult to beat is a game that rewards the player more. beating a terribly hard game is SO satisfying in the end. So overall, it's a matter of preference whether a game is bad or good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom