• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Annoyance at Reputation

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I'm annoyed at it all and don't believe enough people think about what they are doing before they actually give you a thumbs down. I mean seriously I could give quite a few people bad reputations simple because they did a bad post but I don't, that and I would just like to be able to find out who gave me repuation points and who took them away, for anyone who had given me good points I thank you and for the people who have put me down levels I say have you really thought about it properly?

Also I do not expect someone to give me good points for this post and I will say stop and think, if you want to give me good points then is it really worth that much? and if you want to send me down levels I will say think and realise that is really isn't worth it because you've probably done something worse.

Surely it doesn't matter that much? You're reputation isn't about levels - people see you around the forum and if you are making good comments and contributing then that's what will earn you real respect.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I'm just slightly annoyed with the fact that people don't think about things enough, that and I had recently gotten out of the skulls and back to the hearts when I was shot back to the skulls. Yes I realise that this is probably petty to complain about it but I have the right to complain.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm just slightly annoyed with the fact that people don't think about things enough, that and I had recently gotten out of the skulls and back to the hearts when I was shot back to the skulls. Yes I realise that this is probably petty to complain about it but I have the right to complain.

Actually, you don't, according to the new rules. If you complain about reputation, they will review it, and give you an infraction if they see nothing wrong with the reputation you were given. So you can get an infraction for complaining about the reputation system, AFAIK.

Djinn

and Tonic
According to the recent update you can hide the user rep entirely from your profile. It is in your control panel under general settings.

And typically doing things that result in skulls on purpose might be seen as trolling which would only gain you infractions and a temp ban. I do not think it is worth the effort.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The purpose of the rep system has been discussed many times. Most of the time when neg rep is given it is a sign to encourage you to make your posts either longer or more meaningful. I don't mean the trolls and abusers of the system who like to derep you for no reason at all. When you make very short posts or are spamming a thread you can expect people to derep you. But if someone is giving you neg rep for the most ridiculous reasons you should tell an administrator.
Like Djinn said you can now hide your rep but don't try to make things worse by making this a kinda skull game because then you might have a change you will get banned. But right now I see your skull has disappeared and a heart has taken over so maybe you should try to see how many hearts you can get ;)

I'm sure you're aware that reputation favors positive over negative on a 2:1 ratio, so if you try to get skulls, good luck. Only two out of about 3,000 users have two skulls. If you get negative rep, don't worry about it, there's no need to take it personally. I had negative rep for quite a long time, and it was for a good reason and it made me make better posts. Unless you're being de-reped for no reason, than don't report it because the admins don't have time deal with most rep issues and will not help you unless it's a severe case of abuse of the system.

I've had my reputation hidden for quite a long time now... the reason I choose to hide my reputation (in theory I have about 5 or 6 hearts), is because I do not want my 'rep level' to be your first impression of me. You can read my posts and establish for yourself if you think I am a good poster or not. I personally think reputation has a good purpose but because of human nature it is flawed. Check out my thread in the mature discussion on this subject ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So you got annoyed because people negative repped you for a post? Big deal, you shoulda seen all the bad rep I got for using quotes in my signature. Hopefully with the new rule all that's gonna stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom