• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
It's mostly guesswork, but yes, I believe those roles fit the identities.

I've been thinking the same thing, it's not like him to become overprotective of random players who weren't in any danger at the time. Funnier's playstyle has also reminded me of when he was the SK in Alit's game, so it might just be a blatant attempt to look Town. As long as he plays for Town's side I don't have a problem overlooking the independent play for now.

Like for example, I was at the top of both of your Town read lists from Day 1, and right at the start of Day 2 you put only me under scum. It's almost as if you wanted to take out your strongest opponent right from the get-go, even though I didn't intend on pressuring you any further after Yiga's flip.

Anyway, have a reads list:

Town Lean

Mellow Ezlo - Found Zachie suspicious and was inclined to vote for him but the Yiga wagon was too far off. His reads have been consistently good and collected, which is more reminiscent of his townplay.

Maniacal Engineer - Probably the most levelheaded player in the game. I don't see any downsides to his usually jarring methodology, even if he's admittedly out of his element in new territory.

Lone_Garurumon - Playing like he did in Delta so far.

funnier - ...Sure, I'll put you here. Started out really awkwardly, but like I said, he's regaining his familiar towniness.

Ayano Keiko - Have a fairly good feeling about him even if he voted for Yiga.

Null

karu - Needs to be more active. Seeing lots of likes spread about, but no posts.

Libk - More activity pls.

NekoLily - Has mostly been making comments here and there but put together a nice reads list that elevated her from CWAC-dungeon. Neutral because I don't have a solid lead on her yet.

CheffofGames - Would be nice to see some contributions.

Kylo Ken - Plays aggressively like Jamie. Not sure what to make of him yet so here he'll stay.

Scum Lean

Mido - Placed the initial vote on Yiga and admitted that it was discreet. Going to keep an eye on him.

TattooArtist - Mild scum lean. Reacted spontaneously because funnier told her to.

Spider-Bok - Tentative scum lean. Would like some more input.

DarthWolf - Also tentative. He's mostly been playing a careful game, namely around Ayano and TattooArtist.
SIGH

“Random players who weren’t in danger at the time”? :fpalm: This was Yiga, world renowned for his tendency to get mislynched, which I was trying to AVOID since once again the evidence against him wasn’t up to snuff. I was hoping you’d all find some real suspects instead worrying over Yiga “opportunistically unvoting”. It’s very like me to do that and I’m going to continue doing it probably forever. I don’t even know where you get this stuff from sometimes.

You may have noticed that I said at the top of that last reads list that I had reread and found that I was town reading quite a few people for not good reasons, so I reordered the list accordingly. In any case your not my biggest opponent, (unless you’re the godfather in which case thanks for the confession :P) what sort of idiot thinks they can lynch whoever doesn’t like them anyway.

I really do love that reads list, so much unsheepy, such original.

It’s funny you should mention that, it’s odd karu obviously was reading if she liked all that but why no post?

How is it that you have ME town leaning, kylo null, and bok as a scum lean? Want details and thought processes please.

Also how is it you think you have enough information to scum read darth?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
funnier6 - seems to be helping town along. I don't think he's mafia, due to not voting for self-preservation when he had the chance to, in order to get Yiga lynched. Others seem to believe that he's playing a little off, but he seems sensible to me.

All Might - My top town read this game so far. Though I completely disagree with his statement that I'm being jarring this game. I'm deliberately toning myself down.

karu - who?

NekoLily - aside from scumreading me solely based on the fact that I don't seem as formidable as I've been described by other players here nice to know my reputation proceeds me, though XD, she was the first, I believe, to point out funnier's quick defense of Yiga. I don't like her mentality of no lynching on D1, but that's more of a philosophy difference than an actual scumtell, though on Bulba D1 NLs usually favor scum. She promised to be more active and contribute more on D2, and she has provided the reads list that I mentioned earlier. Giving the benefit of the doubt for now, and want to see how this plays out.

Libk - who?

TattooArtist - Don't like how she popped in, claimed there was nobody to vote for, popped out, and then popped in a little later to say the same thing. She didn't contribute to the conversation at the time, and when she returned, she immediately sheeped funnier's baseless vote on Bok. I really don't like what I've seen from this slot so far, but I am keeping in mind that she's new to the game. Would consider lynching if nothing else came along.

CheffOfGames - Sorry bud, can't really remember anything significant you've done so far.

walrusdawson - Haven't heard from this one since his vote on the other ME. Slight scum lean, but nothing conclusive. Would like to hear more.

Spider-Bok - null read. need to go back and see if I missed anything, since funnier seems to be townreading Bok, and I don't know why.

Lone_Garurumon - D1 Miller claims are very common on Bulba. It could be a ploy to prevent the Cop from scanning him. However, considering how many anti-heroes exist in anime, or how many characters a Miller role would fit, I find it fairly likely that a Miller would exist in the game. The fact that nobody seems to have CC'd, or implied a CC, to Lone's softclaim legitimizes it in my books. There is no reason for scum to hope to catch a Miller, nor is there a reason for a Miller to not CC a scum fake Miller claim, considering the Miller is not usually a high priority target for mafia to kill.

Mellow Ezlo - a very solid town read in my books. Has been positively contributing to the game, went after Zachie with no motivation during D1. Almost certainly not mafia.

Mido - was the first to vote for Yiga, and the first to point out Yiga's "opportunistic" unvoting of the other ME. Ended up keeping his vote on Yiga.
Also seemed to misinterpret my statement about Darth and Ayano, but that was probably my fault. When explaining why he was keeping his vote on Yiga, he defended funnier, and attempted to cast shade on me, which, I should hope, has been abated considering Yiga was not scum.
Continued voting for Yiga, even after saying this:
Skimming through the thread again, YIGA's response to me appears more genuine than I first thought.
Is still fixated on Yiga, even though it's D2.
Out of everyone voting for Yiga last phase, I think Mido is the most likely to be scum.

Kylo Ken - His antics D1 with the TattooArtist vote and being noisy in general do not strike me as something scum would do so early in the game, unless they were crazy like me. A solid town read.

Maniacal Engineer - I am vengeance, I am the night. I am the hero this city needs, but not the one it deserves.

DarthWolf - his reaction to Ayano's alleged attempt at bandwagoning and helping the game out of RVS and into an actual discussion seem counter to what I know about Darth's scumplay. Then again, Darth's scumplay got his ass lynched D1 the last time we faced off, so it's possible he changed things up. I'm still going to consider him a town read, though.

Ayano Keiko - I really doubt a mafioso would even want to remotely look like they were starting a bandwagon so early into D1, and as a result of said "bandwagon" the game became serious. Another decent town read.

Bottom line, I suppose: Vote: Mido. Others also seem to think he's suspicious, and I can't say I blame them. He's come across as tunnling on Yiga, and has provided little content outside of that.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I guess my reads list after reading what has been said.

funnier6 - Town lean as he's very active and trying to get things going at all times. I like his thoughts even though I don't agree with all of them. I don't think scum would try to bring this much attention to themselves and become this active. I think they are a safe town read for now.

All Might - I've always had trouble reading Thar. I remember in Legacy Mafia I trusted him until I investigated him and he turned out to be scum. That was years ago and I think that game just scarred me from trusting him

karu - Nothing. More post please :)

NekoLily - ^

Libk - ^ again

TattooArtist - Neutral, some things they have said and did day one like the flip-floppiness with what they have been saying kind of seems scummy. I still am unsure about them though.

CheffOfGames - Didn't even know they were in the game.

walrusdawson - ^

Spider-Bok - Post aren't often enough and most seem too half-assed for me to have any sort of read on them.

Lone_Garurumon - Seems to be contributing well but their contributions are too rare so I have a neutral read on them.

Mellow Ezlo - Someone must have trusted him when they killed Zachie. Unless they had their own motives or Mez has a kill role. He was the only one one Zachie's ass throughout day 1. He seems pretty town to me because of this.

Mido - Day one actions made no sense and didn't really explain his reasoning for them until I called him out on them. His explanation did make sense, I just still don't get why he didn't explain it until day 2. So I don't know. Neutral?

Kylo Ken - I feel his constantly putting himself in iffy situations give him more of a town read on him as I feel his buddies would have put him in check by now.

Maniacal Engineer - Haven't really disagreed with anything he has said or done so I get a town read on him. I know it's dangerous to blindly trust someone, but nothing about him seems scummy to me. I'm more scared of him being scum just because I keep blindly trusting him for whatever reason.

DarthWolf - I agree with him trying to put me on the spot in day 1 to get the game moving. I just wish they have done more since then. Neutral read I guess.

If I had a gun to my head and was forced to vote right now I'd go with either Bok or Mido. Seeing as that isn't the case though, I'll still hold off on my vote until something else this game catches my eye more and I'm still on the edge when it comes to those two.

D

Deleted member 14134

I agree with All Might that Zachie was killed by Light and Deku by Yuno.

Spider-Bok - Post aren't often enough and most seem too half-assed for me to have any sort of read on them.
How have my posts seems half assed? Day one I was mostly just talking to funnier due to not having read the thread but since then I think I've put a fair about of effort into my posts. No idea how you came to this conclusion. I agree that I haven't been super active but since I've gotten over the worst of my flu I've been making decent sized posts and contributing.

Coming into night one I was suspicious of All Might due to him saying he was suspicious of funnier yet not following up with a vote (sound familiar?). Though he has done this before so i wouldn't say it gives me a concrete feeling about him and his posting today does make me feel quite a bit better about him. Still want to keep an eye on him since i usually tend to find him suspicious to some degree but right now I feel alright about him.

I'm kind of suspicious of Mido and I'll probably re-read his day one. There were a few things that I noticed but I don't want to mention them until I actually go back and re-read them to make sure I wasn't wrong about them. Either way, he's someone I definitely want to keep an eye on and will post more about later.

I know this has been pointed out already but engy does seem to be active but it felt like most of his opinions were very neutral day one. Once again, he's someone I want to go back and re-read but I haven't really had the time to do it yet.Also
I'm pretty sure Mido posted that on day one.

Anyways it seems like activity is dropping off and there are a lot of people that we haven't heard much from at all so @karu is gonna be the lucky one this time.

Vote: Karu

Want to hear something from you soon.

I do have more to say and will say more but I had little time today and the time I have had I've had trouble focusing but no one likes excuses so I'll try to read over stuff and post more later.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
NekoLily - aside from scumreading me solely based on the fact that I don't seem as formidable as I've been described by other players here nice to know my reputation proceeds me, though XD, she was the first, I believe, to point out funnier's quick defense of Yiga. I don't like her mentality of no lynching on D1, but that's more of a philosophy difference than an actual scumtell, though on Bulba D1 NLs usually favor scum. She promised to be more active and contribute more on D2, and she has provided the reads list that I mentioned earlier. Giving the benefit of the doubt for now, and want to see how this plays out.

I consider it a way to get info without voting just yet. I personally don't know anything about you and don't see it as a brilliant idea to just vote you based on what others think of you. So thank you for coming back with an explanation of sorts. ;)

NekoLily - ^

Did you by chance completely ignore my reads list? o_O

Lily

Mischievous Minx
If I had anything else to add, it would be..

Vote: Mido

I already didn't like your fixation on Yiga, regardless of the fact that he more or less has become a D1 Martyr on a basis. You've also gone more or less silent into D2 and I'm not about to let that slide just yet. I also forgot to do so at the end of my own reads list :fpalm:

On another note, I'm unsure how I feel about Garu and his Miller claim. It's a role anyone can throw down and most simply just accept it without a second thought due to it's absence of a CC. However I think of it as a possible scum cover, maybe you have a role or character that would automatically look bad under an investigation so you call yourself a miller for a shield. Though that's just me being skeptical and not wanting to just throw down the A-OK stamp like others.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
All Might - 1 (funnier6)
Mido - 2 (Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily)
Minish_Link - 1 (Spider-Bok)

Not voting - All Might, Minish_Link, Libk, TattooArtist, CheffOfGames, walrusdawson, Lone_Garurumon, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Kylo Ken, DarthWolf, Ayano Keiko

With 16 players alive it takes 9 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, November 13th 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...59&p0=293&msg=End+of+day+2&font=cursive&csz=1

Announcement: karu has been replaced by Minish_Link!

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Oh hey, I'm back!

I'll make a post with all my thoughts in a little while. But if anyone has any questions or anything they wanna ask me, go ahead and I'll get to them soon.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Out of everyone voting for Yiga last phase, I think Mido is the most likely to be scum.
This is a good point that I somehow overlooked.

Maniacal Engineer - I am vengeance, I am the night. I am the hero this city needs, but not the one it deserves.
Robin, grab the shark repellent!

funnier6

Courage~
funnier6 - seems to be helping town along. I don't think he's mafia, due to not voting for self-preservation when he had the chance to, in order to get Yiga lynched. Others seem to believe that he's playing a little off, but he seems sensible to me.

All Might - My top town read this game so far. Though I completely disagree with his statement that I'm being jarring this game. I'm deliberately toning myself down.

karu - who?

Libk - who?

TattooArtist - Don't like how she popped in, claimed there was nobody to vote for, popped out, and then popped in a little later to say the same thing. She didn't contribute to the conversation at the time, and when she returned, she immediately sheeped funnier's baseless vote on Bok. I really don't like what I've seen from this slot so far, but I am keeping in mind that she's new to the game. Would consider lynching if nothing else came along.

CheffOfGames - Sorry bud, can't really remember anything significant you've done so far.

walrusdawson - Haven't heard from this one since his vote on the other ME. Slight scum lean, but nothing conclusive. Would like to hear more.

Spider-Bok - null read. need to go back and see if I missed anything, since funnier seems to be townreading Bok, and I don't know why.

Lone_Garurumon - D1 Miller claims are very common on Bulba. It could be a ploy to prevent the Cop from scanning him. However, considering how many anti-heroes exist in anime, or how many characters a Miller role would fit, I find it fairly likely that a Miller would exist in the game. The fact that nobody seems to have CC'd, or implied a CC, to Lone's softclaim legitimizes it in my books. There is no reason for scum to hope to catch a Miller, nor is there a reason for a Miller to not CC a scum fake Miller claim, considering the Miller is not usually a high priority target for mafia to kill.

Mellow Ezlo - a very solid town read in my books. Has been positively contributing to the game, went after Zachie with no motivation during D1. Almost certainly not mafia.

Mido - was the first to vote for Yiga, and the first to point out Yiga's "opportunistic" unvoting of the other ME. Ended up keeping his vote on Yiga.
Also seemed to misinterpret my statement about Darth and Ayano, but that was probably my fault. When explaining why he was keeping his vote on Yiga, he defended funnier, and attempted to cast shade on me, which, I should hope, has been abated considering Yiga was not scum.
Continued voting for Yiga, even after saying this:

Kylo Ken - His antics D1 with the TattooArtist vote and being noisy in general do not strike me as something scum would do so early in the game, unless they were crazy like me. A solid town read.

DarthWolf - his reaction to Ayano's alleged attempt at bandwagoning and helping the game out of RVS and into an actual discussion seem counter to what I know about Darth's scumplay. Then again, Darth's scumplay got his ass lynched D1 the last time we faced off, so it's possible he changed things up. I'm still going to consider him a town read, though.

Ayano Keiko - I really doubt a mafioso would even want to remotely look like they were starting a bandwagon so early into D1, and as a result of said "bandwagon" the game became serious. Another decent town read.

Bottom line, I suppose: Vote: Mido. Others also seem to think he's suspicious, and I can't say I blame them. He's come across as tunnling on Yiga, and has provided little content outside of that.

Kay one thing, what has emiya done to be your top town read?
I guess my reads list after reading what has been said.

funnier6 - Town lean as he's very active and trying to get things going at all times. I like his thoughts even though I don't agree with all of them. I don't think scum would try to bring this much attention to themselves and become this active. I think they are a safe town read for now.

All Might - I've always had trouble reading Thar. I remember in Legacy Mafia I trusted him until I investigated him and he turned out to be scum. That was years ago and I think that game just scarred me from trusting him

NekoLily - ^

Libk - ^ again

TattooArtist - Neutral, some things they have said and did day one like the flip-floppiness with what they have been saying kind of seems scummy. I still am unsure about them though.

CheffOfGames - Didn't even know they were in the game.

walrusdawson - ^

Lone_Garurumon - Seems to be contributing well but their contributions are too rare so I have a neutral read on them.

Mellow Ezlo - Someone must have trusted him when they killed Zachie. Unless they had their own motives or Mez has a kill role. He was the only one one Zachie's ass throughout day 1. He seems pretty town to me because of this.

Mido - Day one actions made no sense and didn't really explain his reasoning for them until I called him out on them. His explanation did make sense, I just still don't get why he didn't explain it until day 2. So I don't know. Neutral?

Kylo Ken - I feel his constantly putting himself in iffy situations give him more of a town read on him as I feel his buddies would have put him in check by now.

Maniacal Engineer - Haven't really disagreed with anything he has said or done so I get a town read on him. I know it's dangerous to blindly trust someone, but nothing about him seems scummy to me. I'm more scared of him being scum just because I keep blindly trusting him for whatever reason.

DarthWolf - I agree with him trying to put me on the spot in day 1 to get the game moving. I just wish they have done more since then. Neutral read I guess.

If I had a gun to my head and was forced to vote right now I'd go with either Bok or Mido. Seeing as that isn't the case though, I'll still hold off on my vote until something else this game catches my eye more and I'm still on the edge when it comes to those two.

Another really good reads list, much like.
This is a good point that I somehow overlooked.

Ay you, you haven’t answered my earlier questions.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
giphy.gif

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Doing a quick re-read of a few people, I do have to agree that Mido seems pretty suspicious right now. He was the first to point out that Yiga's vote and unvote looked odd, and kept his rvs vote on him because of it. Then towards the end of the day he said that Yiga's responses seemed genuine, but still kept his vote anyways. Plus, looking through his day 1 posts, I noticed that he mentioned quite a few other people that he didn't say he necessarily found suspicious, but kinda suggested he would keep an eye on them.

My focus actually turns more towards Maniacal Engineer's evalutation of YIGA. His point for leaving him alive for the time being makes sense, but at the same time does make me wonder whether it could be an attempt to discreetly cover the tracks of a teammate if both players are scum, derailing his lynch. It's honestly my only potential concern about Maniacal Engineer right now, but I otherwise feel good about him.
DekuNut also has got me thinking. His rhetoric seems more aggressive this game, not necessarily through votes but in asserting his points. Not sure what to think about this yet.
If anything, I will say that Minish link has flown under my radar. Noticed she has her vote on you but I don't recall her reasons. I'll have to look at that.

So to me, it seemed like he was possibly planting small seeds here and there so he could go back and potentially bring them up later.

Something else I noticed while reading back through is a possible connection if Mido ends up flipping scum. In a few of his posts he mentioned Darth and was agreeing with him a lot and seems like he was town reading him. And one of the few 'reads' Zachie posted said that he had Darth as a neutral/scum lean. So it could be a case of the three of them being scum and trying to differentiate their reads on each other, because Darth didn't really do a ton day 1 for anyone to have a strong read on him in my opinion.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
How have my posts seems half assed? Day one I was mostly just talking to funnier due to not having read the thread but since then I think I've put a fair about of effort into my posts. No idea how you came to this conclusion. I agree that I haven't been super active but since I've gotten over the worst of my flu I've been making decent sized posts and contributing.

I guess I phrased that badly. Most of your day one post seemed half asses just because you didn't say much but were also trying to move the game forward (example being your yote for YIGA with barely any explanation behind it) so it just seemed like lazy posting. I forgot about the flu issue you had though so it kind of makes more sense now.

Did you by chance completely ignore my reads list? o_O

1 reads list and barely anything else. Not really enough to go off of.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
UGUU~

“Random players who weren’t in danger at the time”? :fpalm: This was Yiga, world renowned for his tendency to get mislynched, which I was trying to AVOID since once again the evidence against him wasn’t up to snuff. I was hoping you’d all find some real suspects instead worrying over Yiga “opportunistically unvoting”. It’s very like me to do that and I’m going to continue doing it probably forever. I don’t even know where you get this stuff from sometimes.
Where do I get this sense from? The millions of Mafia games I've been in where a Mafioso would come right out and try to protect a scumbud in some way. You came to Yiga's defense by stating that we should overlook his vote and that made me wary because it's something that you normally don't bother with. Something has felt off about you this entire game, but I can't place my finger on it. Anyway, this is beating a dead horse, Yiga flipped scum and you're in the clear so there's not much else to say.

You may have noticed that I said at the top of that last reads list that I had reread and found that I was town reading quite a few people for not good reasons, so I reordered the list accordingly. In any case your not my biggest opponent, (unless you’re the godfather in which case thanks for the confession :P) what sort of idiot thinks they can lynch whoever doesn’t like them anyway.
Right, but you still tunneled me after all the Town reading and have kept the vote on me ever since. I'd like to know why.

I really do love that reads list, so much unsheepy, such original.
:^^:

It’s funny you should mention that, it’s odd karu obviously was reading if she liked all that but why no post?
Maybe she was too busy to respond. Minish has since replaced her and is looking good to me.

How is it that you have ME town leaning, kylo null, and bok as a scum lean? Want details and thought processes please.

Also how is it you think you have enough information to scum read darth?
ME is Batman, what more do I need to say?

Kylo plays an aggressive game. I never know what to make of that meta because assertions are harder to examine than allegations.

Bok's D1 performance felt a little off to me, I know he was sick and tried to put in effort despite that, but he chose to vote for Yiga over you which I found strange. But he's since responded and I feel a little bit better about him.

As for Darth, it's just a hunch I had during a read through.

---

Now, Day 2 feels a little one-sided. If you don't mind I'd like to talk to someone else for a change. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom