• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Girls Mafia - The Kawaii Yakuza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My sudden change in opinion comes from transitioning into a new platform for playing the game. I've never played on ZD considering I just joined a week ago. I've only played before in real life, and mafia in person is much more fast paced and a day 1 lynch is pretty much inevitable. However, the way this game works is a lot slower and when kenshin listed out the possibilities, it sounded much smarter to me to not give up a possible 2 towns just for the sake of "gathering information"

I understand your reasoning, especially since I know how difficult it is transitioning from one way of playing mafia, to playing on here. I mostly just wanted to hear why Tristan changed his opinion on you, but then became suspicious of Kenshin for somewhat similar actions. While I do find your change in opinion a little suspicious (for the reason I stated above, about potential scum buddies helping out), I didn't vote for you because, like I said, I do understand your reasoning. I also wanted to give you time to defend yourself and hear others opinions on the matter.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Johnny Sooshi is there a reason why you voted Tristan? Since you said you only read this page you must have seen that there were already two votes against him and cslaught and realized that by voting for him would be giving him the most votes. I don't think there is enough information on this page alone to think he's scum so why not hold off until you read the rest of the game or vote for someone who currently doesn't have any votes?

Honestly didn't pay attention to the vote count even. Mostly skimmed the page. Tristan was the first name that popped into my head when page 4 loaded on my phone since he's at the top, thus I picked him. I'd rather not see the day end in his lynch when I have no reasoning and seeing as everyone is trying to justify their votes rn, I think it's more practical that I don't put an extra one on him.

Unvote: Tristan

That being said, I'm currently rereading the thread and I'm going to make some notes based on what I find. Stay tuned.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I just feel like it's smarter to actually get something done on the first day than bickering between our selves and just randomly picking someone no one else has picked. It just so happened 2 others had picked you, so statistically the best choice for a vote was you. *shrug*

no no, I disagree. That's an easy move. No confrontation because 2 are already before you, and avoiding confrontations is not a towntell btw, and so blindly jumping on other people's bandwagons is also not beneficial for the town. You don't know who these other people are, you don't know if it is mafia-initiated or not. The willingness to just join a bandwagon to "lynch someone" is quite scummy actually. My vote on you stays. in my opinion you are right now the person with the most evidence against. Or in other words, currently the best option to lynch. Because you are right, randomly lynching someone makes no sense, so let's go for the person who has the highest chance of being scum.

Obviously this caught my attention from the get go. Definitely seemed nubish, or just highly aggressive. Reading through more we get that Cslaught seems to be relatively familiar with the game and is using knowledge aside from the online perspective. That being said, voting with the wagon seems to be a little too aggressive, even then, but I suppose you could use it as pressure to see where things are going.

Next we get Kaio who's on the extremely cautious side of things, also like a newer player. However, the posts seem to be a little more calculated. Maybe scum trying to keep town in the dark Day 1 and get an easier lead and possibly a better chance at driving the game towards LyLo later on.

If I were to vote right now it would be...

Vote: Kaio-Kenshin

Just feels a bit off to me. The adamancy towards a Day 1 No Lynch just rubs me the wrong way. Mostly gut feeling, but I'm just extremely wary.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Oh, and if you don't like Chiyuki, your waifu standards are garbage and you should feel bad.

sweetprincess.jpg

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The way I feel is this, we lynch day 1 with little-to-no info, then the night phase of day 1 they take out another townie, we're down two while just getting our foot in the door. Even if they somehow don't choose to strike day 1, we still lynched one of our own for no good reason. How anyone can justify picking a random person to lynch day 1while claiming the opposite is a scum move evades my understanding.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Yeah, I was in the right when I first suggested it
Vote: Kaio-Kenshin
I kind of see where you're coming from. You're 90% sure of your scumread and that's why you're voting. But that just seems like too much surity(?) for the little thing that caused people to look at Slaught. I could see it as something useful early on, but not something that flat-out screams scum. If it were then more people would have the same feeling assurance that you do. But they don't, because it's just not enough for just about anyone.
And, if you're not that sure, then the rest of your argument relating to your vote falls apart. There's a chance he's town, a chance that we'll kill a townie day one, which is the one thing that like 6 out of your 10 posts today suggested against.
And then there's this post, where you admit that there is a chance, but you're willing to take it. Literally the exact opposite of your sentiments the rest of today, where you didn't want to take the chance to lynch a townie. Seems like a solid case to me.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Maybe it is because I'm new, but I think my theory is pretty sound. I voted for Karu at the start cause she didn't have any votes, and I figured if we spread out our votes like we did at the start, the mafia would reveal themselves. I feel Cslaught did just that. So, obviously, I changed my vote. I voted for who I thought was mafia, why wouldn't I?Like Tristan pointed out, there's obviously no way to know for sure, but on the flip side, if you're not confident in your vote, then why would you vote in the first place? After being confronted, he said something along the lines of "lynch day 1" I disputed this with the no lynch day 1 tactic. Go back and read the posts again for the reasoning and explaination.

There's no contradiction anywhere in there, no suspicious persistance. In fact, what's most suspicious to me is the people that continue to insist that a random day 1 lynch is beneficial to the Townies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You said you changed your overall opinion about Cslaught because you agree with what he's saying. Then you turned your suspicion towards Kenshin because of his contradiction. Just wondering how Kenshin's contradiction is any worse than Cslaught's as evidenced by:

Four posts saying that no lynch isn't a risk he's willing to take and that we need to be aggressive in fighting the mafia. Then there was only one post (by Kenshin) between the fourth and fifth quotes, where he goes from wanting to potentially lynch a townie to put pressure on scum, to saying that being patient and not voting unless someone gives themselves away is better.

I agree, Kenshin's posts do seem to be somewhat contradictory, but so do Cslaught's. However, at the moment Cslaught seems a bit more suspicious to me. Kenshin's reasoning feels more like a newbie townie trying to play it safe, but also trying to be active in the game. Cslaught's sudden change in opinion kinda feels like it could have been influenced by scum teammates helping him out by telling him to lay low.

Unvote
Cslaught is still on my radar, I even said that (although I might have forgotten to, which is on me if I did). I just find myself agreeing with him in that a No Lynch is a bad idea for Day 1, and Kenshin's continual insistence that it's a good idea is more suspicious to me. Plus, as you said, Kenshin is playing it quite safe can be a great scumtell, sevenfold if it's a newbie like Kenshin. I was town in my first game and played really aggressively, whereas in my second game, I was scum and I held back a lot more, rather like he's doing. Overall, I just find Kenshin's actions more suspicious at this time, and it would be hypocritical of me to vote for Cslaught anyway since I agree with most of his recent points. Also, mafia on the internet is way different from mafia IRL so moves that are considered suspicious on here, like Cslaught's, may be considered normal and regular in different places. He's still on my radar, but it's basically one suspicious move compared to a constant suspicious move for me, and that's what really makes the difference.

As for the current case on Kenshin, I've said all I can on the matter and others have too. I'm feeling confident in my vote, and thus it stands. To attempt to look elsewhere, I'd hugely consider looking at the people that didn't remove their RVS votes after the game got serious, particularly Karu, Minish, and to a lesser extent, Pendio, Mido and Bok. Though Minish has removed her vote now, she and Karu both made posts after the game got serious and kept their respective votes against Mido and Pendio for a good while. Pendio, Karu and Mido still have their RVS votes active. Bok removed his vote in his first real serious post, while Pendio and Mido have been MIA for a little while. On a similar count, I'm getting some slight vibes against Johnny for making a clear RVS vote well after RVS had ended. Post-RVS RVS is quite a bit more suspicious to me than regular RVS votes during the RVS stage.

EGMEOY Johnny, Karu, Minish

D

Deleted member 14134

Cslaught is still on my radar, I even said that (although I might have forgotten to, which is on me if I did). I just find myself agreeing with him in that a No Lynch is a bad idea for Day 1, and Kenshin's continual insistence that it's a good idea is more suspicious to me. Plus, as you said, Kenshin is playing it quite safe can be a great scumtell, sevenfold if it's a newbie like Kenshin. I was town in my first game and played really aggressively, whereas in my second game, I was scum and I held back a lot more, rather like he's doing. Overall, I just find Kenshin's actions more suspicious at this time, and it would be hypocritical of me to vote for Cslaught anyway since I agree with most of his recent points. Also, mafia on the internet is way different from mafia IRL so moves that are considered suspicious on here, like Cslaught's, may be considered normal and regular in different places. He's still on my radar, but it's basically one suspicious move compared to a constant suspicious move for me, and that's what really makes the difference.

As for the current case on Kenshin, I've said all I can on the matter and others have too. I'm feeling confident in my vote, and thus it stands. To attempt to look elsewhere, I'd hugely consider looking at the people that didn't remove their RVS votes after the game got serious, particularly Karu, Minish, and to a lesser extent, Pendio, Mido and Bok. Though Minish has removed her vote now, she and Karu both made posts after the game got serious and kept their respective votes against Mido and Pendio for a good while. Pendio, Karu and Mido still have their RVS votes active. Bok removed his vote in his first real serious post, while Pendio and Mido have been MIA for a little while. On a similar count, I'm getting some slight vibes against Johnny for making a clear RVS vote well after RVS had ended. Post-RVS RVS is quite a bit more suspicious to me than regular RVS votes during the RVS stage.

Noob question, what does EGMEOY mean?

D

Deleted member 14134

It's supposed to be IGMEOY but I'm a big dumb. Anyway, it means "I've Got My Eye On You". Basically just means I'm not necessarily suspicious of those people at this point, but that I'm keeping an eye on them to see if they slip up.
HmyxBMk.jpg

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I think our past playing styles make us have differing views on the situation. You said you were town in your first game and played aggressively, whereas I was town in my first game and played a lot like Kenshin is. I do see where you're coming from though, and it is hard to be critical of someone that you mostly agree with.

I am suspicious of both of them right now though. While I feel a bit more suspicious about Cslaught, I'm not opposed to voting Kenshin if that's who others are more suspicious of. There's just a little bit of time left, so I'll wait til after this post to see if either of them have anything else to say and then decide my vote.

As for not removing my random vote after the game got serious, it was just a matter of not thinking about it at the moment because I had just woke up and was going to post a more in-depth comment later. If Mido had been in any serious danger of being lynched, I certainly would have realized and removed it then, but that wasn't the case. I'll keep that in mind for later games to remove random votes after serious discussion has begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom