• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time An Ice Temple for the Ocarina of Time

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
For those people who have Played OoT, you would know that there is an Ice Cavern, but many websites have brought up the idea that there was originally going to be an Ice Temple. It has been said that a few rooms were created but were taken of the game due to size restrictions on the N64 cartridge.

For example in Ganon's Castle, a few of the rooms contained Ice (the water barrier). It has been said that those rooms are the remains of what was going to be an Ice Temple.

I have read a lot about the idea of an Ice Temple and have been wondering what do other people think if there was going to be an Ice Temple as well as the Ice Cavern.

Thanks for ur time fellow gamers

Definitely possible. The Ice Cavern was pretty big for being a miniature dungeon type thing. Maybe they used some of the original ideas from the Ice Temple for Snowhead in MM.

A

Alkarius

Anything can happen in Zelda. But there was an Ice Cavern, so I guess that could've been the remain of an Ice Temple aswell is the few rooms in Ganon's Tower. Personally, I think this would have benefited OoT, by making it longer and more challenging.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
It's a probable theory overall. But something just occured to me. If the Ice Cavern was originally going to be a full blown temple, then there would be 8 sages instead of 7. Okay, so OoT is practically a 3-D version of ALttP, and there were 7 sages in ALttP (There were 7 sages in ALttP right? I just started the game so I forget things about it easily.). Now I guess they could've come up with a back story or whatever to make every make sense, or simply blow it off and have 8 sages anyway. But I don't think that Nintendo would want to do that. So I'm thinking that the Ice Cavern wasn't intended to be a Temple originally.

Plausible.....There was an ice cavern, and for a mini dungeon...It seemed suspiciously big for a mini dungeon....so yeah...seems possible. Very possible.

A

Alkarius

NICE theory, Hylian, but I suppose they could've made up another character to go with the Ice Temple, but yes, you are right, the Ice Cavern does seem a bit big for a mini-dungeon. However, to avoid more timeline theories and arguements, I think that might be why they left the Ice Temple out of OoT.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I already had thought of this, and if you all recall it correctly, the never released ura Zelda would be more than what the Master Quest included... It was supposed to have new dungeons and features, as it has been said before, i believe that most of the concepts were passed down to Majora's Mask

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
There was supposed to originally be an ice temple and a wind temple instead of a water and forest temple, thats why the water and forest barriers in ganons castle re actually just ice and wind respectfully. Miyamoto also said that he wanted an light temple that was supposed to occur right when you get the master sword but before you get the light medallion or something, But due to the N64s limited memory all those 3 had to be taken out, but all the temples he wanted to be in OoT he managed to get in TP
ice = snowpeak ruins
light = temple of time
wind = city in the sky

Amelie

Air Dancer
I actually remember hearing about this ^^ It sounds right enough anyway. I remember Ice Cavern being one of the hardest Mini dungeons for me in OoT ><

B

blackmoon

I thought the Ice Cavern was quite small regardless. I always spent more time in the Bottom of the Well.

I think originally they would have been looking at having 7 sages + Zelda; as there are 7 maidens + Zelda in ALttP.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Many things in OOT were cut. In truth the Ice temple seems to be one of them, not only did it seem like as if the Ice Cavern was a bit to big for a mini-dungeon. But certain parts of it seemed as if there was a path there that you couldn't take.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Is it true there was also going to be a temple of light before forest temple so you could get the light thing a harder way then just talking to Raruu?

Im not sure if I read this some where or it was just a idea. But if there was lots cut out of OoT... maybe that was one of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom