• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An Expanded Universe

Watching the latest mailbag got me thinking of something.

Should Nintendo make some comic book, literature or alike that take place in the same universe as Zelda to expand on the series? Wonder where Majora actually came from? Who the actual ancestors of the Twili are? Where the Link in the NES Zelda came from?

Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who and even Transformers, both the animated shows and even the Michael Bay films, have stories that detail what isn't part of the main story. Could Zelda perhaps benefit from this?

Isn't the Hyrule Historia a bit like the literature you're speaking of? It details some of the lore and mysteries that we've been wondering about for a long time including the oh so illusive confirmed timeline.

Now a comic book I'm indifferent about. It wouldn't massively effect the series really because it would consist of made up adventures that Link would go on to stop Ganondorf (just a random idea) and that wouldn't be too bad of a change. However, I disagree with creating an anime. Simpley for the fact that I don't want Link to have a voice.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I think Zelda is fine where it is at. It's not like it's a movie to where they can work with mutiple places and universes. So I think they should leave it where it is. Plus I'm not big on comics or anything, so it should stick with just video games.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Don't they already have the manga? Although that's not canon, right? Do you mean a canon comic book?

I don't know if I'd go for that. I wouldn't really like getting my Zelda story from comics or novels or the like. And besides, the mystery of the story is one of the biggest draws of the series for me so I'd probably prefer then to not explain lots of things.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
Hyrule is kind of like a perfect Earth with monsters. The citizens never have issues among themselves like us. Space is not for Zelda- but probably for other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom