• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
specifically I holstered. KoD sent me to kill you and i declined.

on another note storm only has ~$70k right now, and judging by how high some other scum bail numbers have been its possible he wouldn't be able to afford it. I can't remember what his bail was set at last time.
  • Storm is Electro, and his Bail is set for $51,200
  • Turin is The Big Man, and his Bail is set for $45,300
Good thing a handy reporter took snapshots of status pages for just such an occasion.

I think arresting storm only and trying to vote andjalo out today is probably the best option. or the other way around ig. but if it's not a guarantee we can arrest either by voting I think it would probably be better to make sure at least storm is arrested via the fight to stop the light the night thing?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think Storm is likely the more immediate threat of the two, but also Storm's threshold is low and should be extra low today. Not sure if it took an action to catch him last time, so that's something Spiderman and friends would know better than I do.

has kraven hunter'ed yet?

No, I and I haven't been tempted to. The villain team is getting shredded. And with green goblin claiming not villain, it looks bad. Very underpowered. I mean, I stand ready if things change, but with Storm claiming what sounds like a Self-win as villain instead of a factional win. I'm not seeing any reason to step into that meat grinder.

but with Storm claiming what sounds like a Self-win as villain instead of a factional win. I'm not seeing any reason to step into that meat grinder.
If storm's condition runs like mine, which I think so because he seems to play very similarly to me, he's misleading everyone, including you, town, and himself. My win condition is that I need to be in the active player pool when the game ends, but not due to mafia or town victory

that's it - mechanically speaking

I think Storm has confused the "get away with all the villainous stuff you're going to do" line with "if someone wrongs you, kill them to succeed" but maybe his is different

if storm's condition kicks and I'm an active player, I will win with him

So, basically, Villains need to a) survive and b) trip a non-standard game end. That would make you fundamentally incompatible with town/maf, and also kind of points to the reality of that "villain scheme" threat-o-meter.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
If storm's condition runs like mine, which I think so because he seems to play very similarly to me, he's misleading everyone, including you, town, and himself. My win condition is that I need to be in the active player pool when the game ends, but not due to mafia or town victory

that's it - mechanically speaking

I think Storm has confused the "get away with all the villainous stuff you're going to do" line with "if someone wrongs you, kill them to succeed" but maybe his is different

if storm's condition kicks and I'm an active player, I will win with him
My loss condition is letting someone who tried to kill me live to the end of the game. Sure i can trigger game end, but then i lose, because No one ****s with Electro and lives. For the sake of the narrative, losing a hero fights counts as a kill attempt

Asfinyti

aka amber
this is probably something of a late and only tangentially related observation, but in theory assuming the game is at its core a 'mafia' game (ie, an uninformed majority vs. an informed minority) i believe in our case, the town/mafia are the (relatively) uninformed majority and the supervillains and the like are the (relatively) informed minority
the fact that part of the majority is labeled 'mafia' shouldn't blind us to the possibility (and in my view most likely probability) that we are the uninformed majority against a powerful and informed minority in the supervillains/possible other threat alignments
i suggest that town and/or any others that it may concern (in particular freddeh who almost certainly has access to the financial resources to make it happen) reach out to try to begin the process of bringing our factions together regardless of any bad blood there may be

well, anyway 2 supervillain arcs going on is surely nothing to worry about right?

supervillains and the like are the (relatively) informed minority
I don't know if you're incorrect or a propagandist...
Supervillains "info" is that they understand how to acheive win con, and even then, there is NOTHING ELSE we know, we don't even get a villain chat together to organize, in case my calls for help in the fight didn't clue you in.
To make an analogy, in the walking dead's later seasons, the zombies are the zombies are the namesake that are iconic, but the real threats are the villains.
that matches up in mafia because you guys can stop me, you can cause a fight that delays my win condition, but the only way to stop the mafia is reform or reprison. And KoD has made it clear one of those are not options

I don't know if you're incorrect or a propagandist...
He's maf. He's got the equal and opposite vested interest you do in influencing town to hunt one or the other

i suggest that town and/or any others that it may concern (in particular freddeh who almost certainly has access to the financial resources to make it happen) reach out to try to begin the process of bringing our factions together regardless of any bad blood there may be
I may not be in any particular position to do much regarding that, but it seems like you're gonna have a hard time convincing your boss.

Her boss fulfilled his agreement with Human Torch. Since then, it's become apparent that Fred, at the very least, doesn't seem keen on funding the necessary expense to facilitate what you lot seem to desire.

I have no further obligation here.

Asfinyti

aka amber
i was in particular directing my post at fred and any players that may be related to the condition, yes
...my boss may be more amicable to negotiations once town puts forward some resources. possibly. it's a gamble, of course, but i think our odds of winning are much higher when we're not actively also trying to kill each other.
just a thought, though

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
KoD asked for $5mil in order to execute the mafia-town unification plan. Freddeh hasn't given it to him, although he's also been seemingly only half paying attention to the game in general. Its not likely that $5 mil can be generated without freddeh's assistance. If town wants a mafia-town unification they need to pressure freddeh into doing that. KoD could run away with the money, but there definitely won't be any unification unless its done.

KoD could probably stand to be more openl about what the $5mil is for, how the unification works, what the other requirements might be, and etc. I was under the impression that $5mil and my becoming a superhero were the two requirements, but I've since figured that its probably a misleading way to frame things. Freddeh could also stand to tell us how much money he has or whether or not him losing his money would have consequences beyond having a harder time activating his abilities. In general, it seems if there are issues with the transfer they could potentially be worked out through dialogue, but people keeping secrets relevant to the unification will make it harder to have that dialogue.

I don't have to win with mafia, i can win as self, but my odds certainly look a lot better if the unification happens, and so it would be my preference that its attempted, particularly since its not clear freddeh has been doing much for us anyways. For most town i imagine the gamble will be more significant because if KoD does take the money and use it to advance the agenda of the mafia they're worse off for it while i'm not. The fact that all the mafia have been outed probably does a lot to even the playing field in the worst case scenario where the mafia attempts to strongarm the town though.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
this is probably something of a late and only tangentially related observation, but in theory assuming the game is at its core a 'mafia' game (ie, an uninformed majority vs. an informed minority) i believe in our case, the town/mafia are the (relatively) uninformed majority and the supervillains and the like are the (relatively) informed minority
the fact that part of the majority is labeled 'mafia' shouldn't blind us to the possibility (and in my view most likely probability) that we are the uninformed majority against a powerful and informed minority in the supervillains/possible other threat alignments

well, anyway 2 supervillain arcs going on is surely nothing to worry about right?
This would have been really helpful days ago when I suggested it but I'm like 90% sure we already lost we are just playing a game of which big bad beats us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom