• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Like a game threat or a heavy hitter? Because i can think of a few people who should probably be taken care of before they monopolize and steer the game in theor favor. Im more an agent of chaos. Im not here for some master Plan
Game-state threat, the kind you confirmed you were when I asked. Town wincon needs that gone so unless you can ditch the status somehow that makes our endgames presently incompatible.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Game-state threat, the kind you confirmed you were when I asked. Town wincon needs that gone so unless you can ditch the status somehow that makes our endgames presently incompatible.
you assume the game will ever end? this is our lives. our children will take over our Roles.

Right now, if it helps, I feel that Tevish is a key role in either the town or mafia camp (I'm leaning more towards mafia to be honest). Why? Because of how he approaches his posts when talking about the game-state wrt to me mostly (and his most recent post towards you).

I don't care what the bystanders say. I may be taking an opposing stance, but that is only because everyone made it clear from the get go how they were going to treat me even after the fact of "confirming my name" (Tevish's stance and subsequent back-peddle of how I'm speaking as justification for how I'm being treated only highlights exactly the self-fulfilling prophecy issue I put forth to begin with).

At best, Tevish is town and dogmatic in his approach here. At worst, he's mafia and is subversive in his approach to me and you given his language use.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Because i can think of a few people who should probably be taken care of before they monopolize and steer the game in theor favor. Im more an agent of chaos. Im not here for some master Plan
Give us some names, then, and offer us a specific proposal as to how those names are trying to steer the game and why we ought to care that they're doing so. It's your head on the block, and as much as you're trying to talk around it, your proposal here is akin to "Sure, I'm mafia, but shouldn't we go after cult first?" in a more traditional game. You need to at least off up an alternative. (I mean, doubt we buy it, but you can try.)

In semi-related news, although I can't actually vote, I've decided to vote nominally so that my positions are available for posterity. Thus, Vote: Storm

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I don't care what the bystanders say. I may be taking an opposing stance, but that is only because everyone made it clear from the get go how they were going to treat me even after the fact of "confirming my name" (Tevish's stance and subsequent back-peddle of how I'm speaking as justification for how I'm being treated only highlights exactly the self-fulfilling prophecy issue I put forth to begin with).
"They" treated you as a threat because your role is Wilson Fisk and Wilson Fisk is canonically a threat in-spiderverse. If you start reading people on the basis that they are (illogically) attempting to persecute you rather than pursuing their win conditions, all of your reads are going to be out to lunch.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Give us some names, then, and offer us a specific proposal as to how those names are trying to steer the game and why we ought to care that they're doing so. It's your head on the block, and as much as you're trying to talk around it, your proposal here is akin to "Sure, I'm mafia, but shouldn't we go after cult first?" in a more traditional game. You need to at least off up an alternative. (I mean, doubt we buy it, but you can try.)

In semi-related news, although I can't actually vote, I've decided to vote nominally so that my positions are available for posterity. Thus, Vote: Storm
I mean i have a reads list. You can look at that. And i will help you decipher it if you need help with that.

And since we're not gonna lynch Abs, i should probably Unvote so when day end comes i dont have my vote on a Bugle member.

those who are checking Freduardo's role PM everyday, did it change any? Or is it still the same?

Despite the turmoil of Electro gripping the citizens of New York in fear, people still turned out in droves at the Ed Sullivan Theater to see this "Amazing Spider-Man" for themselves. Even those who couldn't make it out to the theater themselves tuned in on their TVs (provided they weren't unfortunate enough to be living in the areas without power). It's safe to say that this spectacular character who appeared more spider than man--without the aid of special effects, no less--was an instant sensation!

People just couldn't get enough of SPIDER-MAN!

qg5Ej8z.jpg

As his first spectacular Live Recording TV special drew to a close, many of the people in attendance--from fans in the audience to newspaper reporters looking for a scoop and maybe even the odd mobster lurker around for the sake of curiosity--ambushed the colorful performer on his way from the stage to his dressing room...

gGjacjy.jpg

And although he was in a hurry to get out of the spotlight so he could change and escape home (even telling them to see his agent), a few cries of "we love you" from the crowd got the better of him, and he couldn't help but stick around a little bit to answer some questions...

Spider-Man has entered the chat!

From now until the end of the Day, y'all may talk to the wall-crawling performer here in the Game Thread. Say what you like! Ask questions, make comments, whatever. He may even answer some of you if it suits him to do so...

•••••

Day 3: Spectacular Third Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Finally, this Spider-Man Mafia game has a Spider-Man in it! About damn time!" Vote Count

Storm (7): TheCapsFan, Turin, LittleGumball, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Asfinyti, Paranoid King
KingofDominaria (3.5): Tevish Szat, dragonteacup, Ragnarokio
Spiritual Mask Salesman (3): ExLight, Captan_Lunch, Electro
Princess Abigail (1.5): Storm
Ragnarokio (1): Vroendal
TheCapsFan (1): Electro
Turin (1): Electro
LittleGumball (1): Electro
Asfinyti (1): Electro
Paranoid King (1): Electro

With 7 votes against, Storm is at M-3.

Not Voting: Andjalo, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Doc, Freddeh, HangryHangryHippo, KingofDominaria, Princess Abigail, Rubik, Silverfish, Skystone

With 18 available votes, it takes 10 votes to reach a Majority (now whether or not Maj is required to Remove someone is another matter).

Day 3 will end on September 10th, at 5:15 AM, Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

1. Ragnarokio votes KingofDominaria
  2. TheCapsFan votes KingofDominaria
  3. Andjalo votes KingofDominaria
  4. Vroendal votes Ragnarokio
  5. Tevish Szat votes KingofDominaria
  6. ExLight votes and unvotes many times in one post, but finishes with his vote on Spiritual Mask Salesman
  7. dragonteacup votes KingofDominaria
  8. ExLight again places many votes, but ultimately ends up right back where he started (is he trying to crash the Vote Counter?)
  9. TheCapsFan votes ExLight
  10. ExLight votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  11. ExLight spends two posts in a row trying to convey messages in code... Still winds up on SMS :dry:
  12. Even more pointless voting shenanigans from ExLight--I gave some of you Voteblocking powers, can someone help a Mod out and hit that button?
  13. Captan Lunch votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  14. TheCapsFan votes Spiritual Mask Salesman
  15. Princess Abigail votes herself [#NULL: Error, vote not found]
  16. Princess Abigail tries again, but... [#NULL: Error, vote not found]
  17. Maybe the third time is the charm? [#NULL: Error, vote not found]
  18. How about the fourth?? [#NULL: Error, vote not found]
  19. Five attempted votes from Princess Abigail onto herself in a row, none of which counted... I thought the spamming of the thread was bad, but how we're spamming my pretty vote counts too?? [#NULL: Error, vote not found] :eek:
  20. Paranoid King votes Princess Abigail
  21. Paranoid King unvotes
  22. Princess Abigail attempted to unvote, but she wasn't voting, so nothing happened
  23. Ragnarokio votes Princess Abigail
  24. Andjalo votes Princess Abigail
  25. Storm votes Princess Abigail
  26. Ragnarokio votes KingofDominaria
  27. TheCapsFan votes Storm
  28. Electro votes TheCapsFan [404: Error, vote link not found]
  29. Turin votes Storm
  30. Electro votes Turin [404: Error, vote link not found]
  31. LittleGumball votes Storm
  32. Electro votes LittleGumball [404: Error, vote link not found]
  33. Andjalo unvotes
  34. Spiritual Mask Salesman votes Storm
  35. Electro votes Spiritual Mask Salesman [404: Error, vote link not found]
  36. Asfinyti votes Storm
  37. Electro votes Asfinyti [404: Error, vote link not found]
  38. Paranoid King votes Storm
  39. Electro votes Paranoid King [404: Error, vote link not found]
  40. Skystone votes Storm [#NULL: Error, vote not found]

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hey everyone. Nice to meet you! Thanks for the warm welcome. I really am busy and have to get going soon though, so I'll only answer a couple of questions and then for the rest you'll have to reach out to my agent.

I appreciate all of you!

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
oh no storm has received the ultimate OMGUS role

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom