• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Abby is unintelligible
alymew-alymew-not-amused.gif

MOD RULING:

Y'all have been very clever in your efforts to find a way to circumvent @ExLight's alleged Silenced condition (assuming he still is silenced and isn't just trolling you), especially considering he hasn't violated anything--all he's done was vote--and it is only by the context of questions the rest of you have asked which give those votes added meaning (technically if I should punish anyone it isn't ExLight but the rest of you who might be at fault :P ). Now, I applaud cleverness! But you are also playing with fire by skirting the edges of that condition, so let's review together, shall we?

Silenced (Condition)
You may not post in the game thread except to use abilities that require it (such as voting).

Pretty clear. A Silenced player can only post in the game thread for the sake of using abilities, and voting is specifically outlined as the default example of how that might work. Simple enough, right?

Let's look at the most basic Standard Voting power (mind you, they aren't all worded exactly like this but most are).
Strength in Numbers (Passive): This ability grants you a Standard Vote that you can use as normal for a Mafia game.

I could say that a very strict interpretation of this rule would suggest using Standard Votes to speak in code is not "normal for a Mafia game", and use that interpretation as justification to force y'all to stop.

But a more generous interpretation would argue that it doesn't say this is not allowed anywhere in my very comprehensive rules. And in general, I prefer not to be strict when I can afford it.

So I've decided I am not going to crack down on what you've been doing with ExLight (especially considering he might not even be Silenced and were I to crack down on it, that would invariably confirm he was), but I am going to ask y'all to cool it with your attempts to devise a whole game of charades so you can ask the linguistically challenged Lassie if Timmy fell down a well. Skirt the edges of what's reasonable if you wish, but don't over-abuse my leniency here and force me to reconsider if a more strict interpretation is required...

There's a line somewhere. I don't really know where that line is, but I'd rather we not find out after you've crossed it.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Asfinyti

aka amber
self-fulfilling prophecy, process through which an originally false expectation leads to its own confirmation. In a self-fulfilling prophecy an individual's expectations about another person or entity eventually result in the other person or entity acting in ways that confirm the expectations.
look im not saying i agree with the decision to try to arrest you, i was mostly only voting you because i wanted to see an arrest made and im sure as hell not outvoting 20 people on my own to try and get someone else locked up

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Honestly if i was ever given the chance to be serious in a game, people woukd think im om a leash or trolling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom